Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Please stop with all the "Offensive Coach" wishes

Indeee

In all honesty, we don't need to have an offensive minded coach, especially Payton, Gase, Kelly, Jackson, etc... We need a defensive minded coach. Yes, that's what Paggs is/was suppose to be, however for some reason it has not worked. In regards to Payton as example, except for Greg Williams tenure, he has had horrible defensive approaches/assistants and WE DON'T NEED/WANT that anymore. With exception of O-line, our offense is talented enough to win games. We need DEFENSE Bad. I'd be in for Saban, as his defenses while at Bama have been lights out and I feel him or his staff he might assemble is exactly what we would need. If not Saban, at least defensive coach

Offensive minded or defensive minded head coach is for the most part irrelevant. 

denver-under a defensive coach Fox they had a great offense. Under an offensive coach in Kubiak and they have an average offense and a great defense (Phillips DC). 

colts-under a defensive coach Dungy they have a great offense(Moore OC) and an average defense

bears-under offensive guy Ditka they have an all time great defenses(Ryan DC)

Maybe, and I have no idea if this it true, but maybe a defensive head coach focus's more on finding a great OC since it's not his strong suit, and puts less emphasis on a DC since he (the HC) will be more involved with the defense, and vice versa for an offensive minded HC. 

Just speculating without doing any real research on it. 

ok for everyone that just looks at stats instead of the game, you need to in the nicest way possible be quiet. the defense was never the problem. if anything this could have been the best defense we've had in years. their the reason we won most of our games because the offense was down right terrible. they kept us in games and gave our offense a plethora of chances. you dont blame the defense for this season and if you do, you obviously didnt watch a single game and just looked at stats while listening to the * on ESPN and NFLN

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

ok for everyone that just looks at stats instead of the game, you need to in the nicest way possible to be quiet. the defense was never the problem. if anything this could have been the best defense we've had in years. their the reason we won most of our games because offense was down right terrible. they kept us in games and gave our offense a plethora of chances. you dont blame the defense for this season and if you do, you obviously didnt watch a single game and just looked at stats and listen to the * on ESPN and NFLN

The offense contributed,. It lets not act like the defense was anything above average.  Being the best Colts defense in years isn't anything to brag about.

Just now, BOTT said:

The offense contributed,. It lets not act like the defense was anything above average.  Being the best Colts defense in years isn't anything to brag about.

I bet you if luck was healthy and the offense was clicking, we would be talking about how great our defense was this year, but because they were gassed for having to be on the field for some long, the stats will show all the yards they gave up when it doesnt even tell the whole story

Just now, CR91 said:

I bet you if luck was healthy and the offense was clicking, we would be talking about how great our defense was this year, but because they were gassed for having to be on the field for some long, the stats will show all the yards they gave up when it doesnt even tell the whole story

I think they were improved, but I think "great" is a big leap.  Hard to be a good defense when you don't have any pass rushers.....let alone great.

Just now, BOTT said:

I think they were improved, but I think "great" is a big leap.  Hard to be a good defense when you don't have any pass rushers.....let alone great.

I will admit the pass rush was lacking, but it doesnt help our pass rush when their on the field so long not to mention the offense doesnt give us lead so we can focus on just getting to the QB

10 hours ago, Indeee said:

hIn all honesty, we don't need to have an offensive minded coach, especially Payton, Gase, Kelly, Jackson, etc... We need a defensive minded coach. Yes, that's what Paggs is/was suppose to be, however for some reason it has not worked. In regards to Payton as example, except for Greg Williams tenure, he has had horrible defensive approaches/assistants and WE DON'T NEED/WANT that anymore. With exception of O-line, our offense is talented enough to win games. We need DEFENSE Bad. I'd be in for Saban, as his defenses while at Bama have been lights out and I feel him or his staff he might assemble is exactly what we would need. If not Saban, at least defensive coach

We need to maximize the talents of this team off , or we gonna have a turn stile at off coordinator,  that why we need a off minded head coach 

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 10:30 AM, Indeee said:

In all honesty, we don't need to have an offensive minded coach, especially Payton, Gase, Kelly, Jackson, etc... We need a defensive minded coach. Yes, that's what Paggs is/was suppose to be, however for some reason it has not worked. In regards to Payton as example, except for Greg Williams tenure, he has had horrible defensive approaches/assistants and WE DON'T NEED/WANT that anymore. With exception of O-line, our offense is talented enough to win games. We need DEFENSE Bad. I'd be in for Saban, as his defenses while at Bama have been lights out and I feel him or his staff he might assemble is exactly what we would need. If not Saban, at least defensive coach

I totally disagree.    If choosing between O-minded or D-minded, I'd choose offense.   We need this offense clicking again.  

On 1/3/2016 at 10:30 AM, Indeee said:

Saban out-recruits everybody. That won't work in the NFL.