Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This will be the Colts first rounder

IMO after learning more about him I think that would be a terrible pick. We'd be better off trading up 5 or 6 spots and getting one of Smith or Jack. Jack's more realistic if we pick around 15 or 16. Or staying where we're at and taking Noah Spence. I know he's had issues but he's also probably going to be the best pass rusher in this class, and should be an impact player from week 1.

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

There's no chance Myles or Jaylon drops

There's no chance Fuller drops

I'm thinking they go OL

Jack Conklin OT Michigan State 

Saying anything definitively right now is off the charts silly.  But silly appears to be SOP for you.

5 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

I'm thinking they go OL

You realize Fuller has been out most, if not all of his senior year with knee surgery.

The chance that he'll be there in the late teens when we pick is very good.

We're talking about the corner from Virginia Tech,  right?      Unless he makes a miraculous comeback,  there's a decent chance that he'll be there.

59 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You realize Fuller has been out most, if not all of his senior year with knee surgery.

The chance that he'll be there in the late teens when we pick is very good.

We're talking about the corner from Virginia Tech,  right?      Unless he makes a miraculous comeback,  there's a decent chance that he'll be there.

Correct (however this year he missed is his Jr year). Before his injury he was thought of as equal with Heagraves as #1 CB.

19 minutes ago, JRnINDY said:

Correct (however this year he missed is his Jr year). Before his injury he was thought of as equal with Heagraves as #1 CB.

I thought he was having a rough year before the knee injury? Something to do with his hamstring or something. 

6 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

IMO after learning more about him I think that would be a terrible pick. We'd be better off trading up 5 or 6 spots and getting one of Smith or Jack. Jack's more realistic if we pick around 15 or 16. Or staying where we're at and taking Noah Spence. I know he's had issues but he's also probably going to be the best pass rusher in this class, and should be an impact player from week 1.

Conklin would be a really good pick imo. I've got him ranked ahead of Tunsil and Stanley personally, but I expect them to be drafted before him because they have the athleticism to stay at LT whereas Conklin will need a position switch to the right side. Conklin's got more size and durability than Tunsil and plays better mentally than Stanley (also there are work ethic questions with Stanley). 

7 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

I'm thinking they go OL

Nobody can tell yet who we're gonna pick. I like imagining it too, and agree with you that Conklin would be a nice pick... But I think you had a similar thread last year that you figured out T.J. Clemmings would be the pick and well - it never happened. 

1 hour ago, Track Guy said:

Conklin would be a really good pick imo. I've got him ranked ahead of Tunsil and Stanley personally, but I expect them to be drafted before him because they have the athleticism to stay at LT whereas Conklin will need a position switch to the right side. Conklin's got more size and durability than Tunsil and plays better mentally than Stanley (also there are work ethic questions with Stanley). 

You have Conklin AHEAD of Tunsil and Stanley?      Really?

I see Conklin as an NFL Right Tackle who might be able to play the left side,  but not likely.

Tunsil and Stanley are Left Tackles all the way.    At least,  that's what I read.

These 3 guys and the Ohio State kid (whose name escapes me as I write this) are said to be the top 4 OT's.  Everyone else is said to be a full cut below.....   probably 2nd rounders.

28 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Then you may a move up. If be fine giving away a 2017 2nd in order to secure one of these great players on defense. This D needs playmakers badly. 

Elway did give up a 1st and 3rd to move up a few spots to get Shane Ray (just an example).

So, it may not cost us as much to move up a few spots, probably a 1st and 3rd if a play maker slightly slips and is in the 17-18 range. Based on this, it might take a 1st and 3rd to move up from No.22 to No.18.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

11 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Elway did give up a 1st and 3rd to move up a few spots to get Shane Ray (just an example).

So, it may not cost us as much to move up a few spots, probably a 1st and 3rd if a play maker slightly slips and is in the 17-18 range. Based on this, it might take a 1st and 3rd to move up from No.22 to No.18.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

I think at worst Colts will be picking 18 or higher. I think Jack and Hargreaves could be had around pick 12. 

14 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You have Conklin AHEAD of Tunsil and Stanley?      Really?

I see Conklin as an NFL Right Tackle who might be able to play the left side,  but not likely.

Tunsil and Stanley are Left Tackles all the way.    At least,  that's what I read.

These 3 guys and the Ohio State kid (whose name escapes me as I write this) are said to be the top 4 OT's.  Everyone else is said to be a full cut below.....   probably 2nd rounders.

Yeah I agree that Tunsil and Stanley look like LTs and Conklin a RT. That's the knock against Conklin. The knocks against Tunsil and Stanley are durability and motor/work ethic, respectively.

Taylor Decker is the Ohio St. LT, there's another guy who sometimes gets thrown in the 1st round conversation and that's Jason Spriggs from Indiana. However I'll say that there is a guy that I believe has been playing better than Spriggs and Decker at the moment who doesn't get much first round buzz, and that's Shon Coleman. I don't think he has as much room to develop as those guys since he's already 24, but I'd put him maybe a whisker behind (if not on par with) a guy like Ronnie Stanley in terms of immediate ability to start in the NFL. 

My neighbor is friends with Roger Smith, father of Jaylon Smith. I was mowing the grass and Jaylon Smith was standing there in the driveway with his family talking. About crapped myself. Would be awesome if we could reach for him if he commits to the NFL.

On 12/29/2015 at 0:33 PM, danlhart87 said:

The ideal pick would be Jaylon Smith but we all know that's not happening 

If that was an ACL he tore today he may be around when we draft.

I think it's a little early to be narrowing down the Colts' potential first round pick. Wait until the draft order is done, we get a few more decisions on who is declaring, and then you can at least start to play around with who we might get.

I wouldn't do a definitive "this is the guy" prediction until mid April. Too many unknowns right now.

21 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

If that was an ACL he tore today he may be around when we draft.

Sounds like it is a serious injury, but as they are saying with Myles Jack, Gurley's season may have changed the rules on these injuries.  These players can still easily go in the 1st.  Of course, Gurley would have been a Top-5 pick without the injury, while Smith was being called a potential Top-10.  Too early to tell, but I'm guessing Smith will be available to us in the 1st.

5 hours ago, Archer said:

Sounds like it is a serious injury, but as they are saying with Myles Jack, Gurley's season may have changed the rules on these injuries.  These players can still easily go in the 1st.  Of course, Gurley would have been a Top-5 pick without the injury, while Smith was being called a potential Top-10.  Too early to tell, but I'm guessing Smith will be available to us in the 1st.

Jack and Gurley were injured much earlier in the season and had more time to rehab. Smith being injured in the bowl game means he would likely miss most of next year. He may still go in the first like McGahee did or he could slide like Ifo Ekpre Olamu did (I doubt he would slide that far though) I think he it's a higher probability that he will be around when we pick because he will need a virtual redshirt year.

15 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Jack and Gurley were injured much earlier in the season and had more time to rehab. Smith being injured in the bowl game means he would likely miss most of next year. He may still go in the first like McGahee did or he could slide like Ifo Ekpre Olamu did (I doubt he would slide that far though) I think he it's a higher probability that he will be around when we pick because he will need a virtual redshirt year.

Agreed.  Whatever team drafts him will have to be willing to give him a redshirt season.  Of course,  as a first rounder, he will still pretty much be under contract for another four years after that.

What's the fascination with Reggie Ragland? I mean he's just another big 2down thumper who cant cover. Its pretty simple. We need an ILB who's a playmaker. We need an athletic, rangy, sideline to sideline playmaking ILB next to DQ or Freeman. And I think Jack could very well be there when we pick at 16 or 18. CJ Mosley was there in that range. Jack could be too. But Ragland is a 3rd round talent IMO. And we do not need him.

On Sunday, January 03, 2016 at 11:31 AM, CheezyColt said:

I'd be okay with redshirting him with a mid first round pick.

The type of GM/Coach that make this move are ones that are secure enough in their positions that they can make good long-term decisions (rather than win-now decisions).  Grigson and Pagano just got 4-year extensions.  I'm just sayin'...

On 12/29/2015 at 2:28 PM, Defjamz26 said:

Ragland doesn't have 1st round talent.

I really don't get it either, but people are still talking this kid up.  Makes me wonder if I'm missing something.  I'll watch film on him later when I get around to all the other ILBs, but I agree with you at this point.  Saw one game and wasn't impressed.  But then again, I watched one game on Ogbah and wasn't impressed and then watched a second game and saw what everyone was tlaking about.  

31 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I really don't get it either, but people are still talking this kid up.  Makes me wonder if I'm missing something.  I'll watch film on him later when I get around to all the other ILBs, but I agree with you at this point.  Saw one game and wasn't impressed.  But then again, I watched one game on Ogbah and wasn't impressed and then watched a second game and saw what everyone was tlaking about.  

I don't think you'll be impressed with more games. He reminds me of Landon Collins, but at LB instead of safety. Big in the box guy who gets called a hard hitter and is supposed to be a force in the run game. It's not that he's terrible, but I've learned my lesson with Collins. I'd be fine if we got him in the 2nd round, but I have him as the 4th best ILB.

8 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I don't think you'll be impressed with more games. He reminds me of Landon Collins, but at LB instead of safety. Big in the box guy who gets called a hard hitter and is supposed to be a force in the run game. It's not that he's terrible, but I've learned my lesson with Collins. I'd be fine if we got him in the 2nd round, but I have him as the 4th best ILB.

Behind whom?  I really liked Kendell Beckwith.  Watched an LSU game earlier this year, (might have been the bowl game but am just blanking) and he was all over hte field.

36 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Behind whom?  I really liked Kendell Beckwith.  Watched an LSU game earlier this year, (might have been the bowl game but am just blanking) and he was all over hte field.

Ignoring the injury, I had Smith as my top ILB. Then I had Kentrell Brothers and Myles Jack if you consider him an ILB.

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Ignoring the injury, I had Smith as my top ILB. Then I had Kentrell Brothers and Myles Jack if you consider him an ILB.

As of right now, I consider Myles an ILB, but I haven't gone in depth on him yet.  For kicks, I watched Joshua Perry and I hated what I saw.  Was one game (MSU), granted, but it was that bad.  Kentrell Brothers is on my list.