Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If you were a Pittsburgh Steelers fan...

DalTXColtsFan

...would their INCONSISTENCY drive you completely bazookabanonkers?

Last year with their insultingly easy schedule they should have gone 14-2 and had the #1 seed but instead couldn't beat Tampa Bay, New Orleans, Cleveland and the Jets (they also had a forgivable loss at Baltimore).

This year their losses to NE, Balt (at home), KC, Cincy and Seattle are slightly more forgivable, but how in the world do you beat the Colts, Bengals and Broncos and then lose to an injury-depleted Baltimore team with the playoffs on the line?

It would drive me crazy to be a fan of a team who can beat any other team in the league on a given day, but can also LOSE to any other team in the league on a given day.

That Baltimore loss was deplorable.

19 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

I would prefer a higher draft pick at this point, but sweeping the Steelers , along with the Patriots losing , was a fun day in a bad season. 

I love how much fans of opposing teams follow the Pats every Sunday to try to find some joy. lol.

Has to be awful for the Steelers to get beat by Ryan Mallett. Easily the biggest upset of the season along with Carolina getting beat by a terrible Falcons team to lose a shot at 16-0. That result pretty much made my weekend besides the Pats losing a game that did not affect their playoff seeding at all.

Seriously though, whatever bad things one wants to say about the Colts, they very very rarely lose games they're not supposed to lose, ESPECIALLY not late in the season with playoff seeding on the line.  I went back 15 years and the only examples I could find were this year against Jacksonville, 2010 losing at home to the Cowboys, and the 3 late-season divisional-opponent collapses in 2006.  That's IT.

If we needed to beat Tennessee to make the playoffs this year the thought of nont winning that game wouldn't even occur to most Colts fans.

1 hour ago, amfootball said:

I love how much fans of opposing teams follow the Pats every Sunday to try to find some joy. lol.

:pkb:

Observing the score is a bit of a cry from "following the Pats every Sunday to try and find some joy'

I do notice though how some fans of opposing teams must have spent most of the time during the Pats game searching the web for some shred of hope that the recanted story about Manning was actually true"

Now THAT'S funny

5 minutes ago, Nadine said:

Observing the score is a bit of a cry from "following the Pats every Sunday to try and find some joy'

I do notice though how some fans of opposing teams must have spent most of the time during the Pats game searching the web for some shred of hope that the recanted story about Manning was actually true"

Now THAT'S funny

Awesome

1 hour ago, Nadine said:

Now THAT'S funny

3 hours ago, amfootball said:

Has to be awful for the Steelers to get beat by Ryan Mallett. Easily the biggest upset of the season along with Carolina getting beat by a terrible Falcons team to lose a shot at 16-0. That result pretty much made my weekend besides the Pats losing a game that did not affect their playoff seeding at all.

Its also hilarious how the patriots lost twice to the same team t, in embarrassing  fashion, in the biggest game of the year. One of which they blew their chance at a perfect season. Hilarious. 

1 hour ago, Nadine said:

Now THAT'S funny

You mean the story that now has Sy actually working in 2011, as first reported ?  

LOL

34 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Its also hilarious how the patriots lost twice to the same team t, in embarrassing  fashion, in the biggest game of the year. One of which they blew their chance at a perfect season. Hilarious. 

Our four rings provide a lot of solace especially last year with Brady's MVP performance and Butler's game ending pick to cap the 4th trophy, the sweetest of them all!

9 hours ago, amfootball said:

I think we follow the Pat's because we are all amazed by the sneaky shenanigans that have occurred over the years. We are ready to be flabbergasted by the next trick that is pulled out of the hat. 

9 hours ago, amfootball said:

Pats lost.

Pittsburgh still can get in. They should beat the Browns.

And then the Jets play the Bills which won't be easy. And the same goes for the Chiefs playing the Raiders. 

Although I have no clue when it comes to tiebreakers if 2 or all 3 of the Steelers/Chiefs/Jets end up tied record wise.

9 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

I think we follow the Pat's because we are all amazed by the sneaky shenanigans that have occurred over the years. We are ready to be flabbergasted by the next trick that is pulled out of the hat. 

Well then get your popcorn ready as you watch my team from your couch. At least we will be spared Harbaugh's whining for this post-season. :)

4 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Well then get your popcorn ready as you watch my team from your couch. At least we will be spared Harbaugh's whining for this post-season. :)

Unfortunately, we will not be spared Brady's whining for almost every call.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Peyton plays Denver will eliminate them. Who knows maybe Brock actually can with that Defense. I sure wouldn't want to face Von Miller, Ware, and Talib

It's possible, Dever won earlier with Brock at QB, but that was at Mile High.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Peyton plays Denver will eliminate them. Who knows maybe Brock actually can with that Defense. I sure wouldn't want to face Von Miller, Ware, and Talib

I just don't understand where this Peyton confidence is coming from. The guy has legit sucked for the last few years and I cant quite get a grasp around why you are so sure that Peyton would just magically come back and lead the Broncos in cold weather to the promised land. He hasn't done it a single time in his career. He just can't play in the cold. When the Broncos beat the Pats in the AFCCG, it was like 65 degrees in Denver that day...at what point did Peyton Manning suddenly become some great postseason performer even when he was healthy, let alone when he is 39 and has looked like a shell of his former self for a few years now. 

When the Pats played the Broncos earlier this year, we WANTED Peyton to play because we thought we'd have a better shot! For some reason Colts fans are the only ones who think he gives Denver a better shot and I don't quite get where that sentiment comes from. We're talking about January football here...not October.

5 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

I just don't understand where this Peyton confidence is coming from. The guy has legit sucked for the last few years and I cant quite get a grasp around why you are so sure that Peyton would just magically come back and lead the Broncos in cold weather to the promised land. He hasn't done it a single time in his career. He just can't play in the cold. When the Broncos beat the Pats in the AFCCG, it was like 65 degrees in Denver that day...at what point did Peyton Manning suddenly become some great postseason performer even when he was healthy, let alone when he is 39 and has looked like a shell of his former self for a few years now. 

When the Pats played the Broncos earlier this year, we WANTED Peyton to play because we thought we'd have a better shot! For some reason Colts fans are the only ones who think he gives Denver a better shot and I don't quite get where that sentiment comes from. We're talking about January football here...not October.

Big game Experience is huge in the Playoffs and Peyton was great last season actually, he did throw for 39 TD's and nearly 5000 yards and wasn't even healthy so he hasn't "sucked" for the last few years. Broncos were 7-0 at 1 time with him this season. Yes he "sucked" against the Chiefs but was clearly injured. If he's healthy I would roll with him. There is no way in heck that Brock gives them a better a chance to win in a Playoff game at Foxboro with no Playoff experience against Tom Brady.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Big game Experience is huge in the Playoffs and Peyton was great last season actually, he did throw for 39 TD's and nearly 5000 yards and wasn't even healthy so he hasn't "sucked" for the last few years. Broncos were 7-0 at 1 time with him this season. Yes he "sucked" against the Chiefs but was clearly injured. If he's healthy I would roll with him. There is no way in heck that Brock gives them a better a chance to win in a Playoff game at Foxboro with no Playoff experience against Tom Brady.

And there's no way in heck the Colts lose to the Jags and get knocked out of the playoffs. There's no way a 10-6 Giants team could topple the 18-0 Patriots in the Superbowl. There's no way the 2013 Broncos greatest offense of all time could be held to only 8 points in the Superbowl. 

Players with no playoff experience have faired fine in this league. Peyton is the one with the playoff experience that would worry me. I just don't get why anyone would want to take the ball out of this kids hands after he's beaten the other two top AFC teams in snow and cold weather in prime time and put it into the hands of someone who not only hasn't even played in 2 months...but has a poor record in the types of games that the ones coming up will promise to be.

2 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

And there's no way in heck the Colts lose to the Jags and get knocked out of the playoffs. There's no way a 10-6 Giants team could topple the 18-0 Patriots in the Superbowl. There's no way the 2013 Broncos greatest offense of all time could be held to only 8 points in the Superbowl. 

Players with no playoff experience have faired fine in this league. Peyton is the one with the playoff experience that would worry me. I just don't get why anyone would want to take the ball out of this kids hands after he's beaten the other two top AFC teams in snow and cold weather in prime time and put it into the hands of someone who not only hasn't even played in 2 months...but has a poor record in the types of games that the ones coming up will promise to be.

You bring up great points that are tough to argue. I mean strange things have happened like the Pats losing to the Giants and Jags putting 51 on us a couple weeks ago.

13 hours ago, amfootball said:

Or beating your team twice in the playoffs in your home stadium, and throwing a scare into you the other two times ! Lol

6 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

Or beating your team twice in the playoffs in your home stadium, and throwing a scare into you the other two times ! Lol

I know it is every team's Super Bowl when they beat the Pats. I am sure the Ravens must have a DVD titled - "The two Games of Glory" chronicling those two wins. lol.

On December 30, 2015 at 5:12 AM, amfootball said:

I know it is every team's Super Bowl when they beat the Pats. I am sure the Ravens must have a DVD titled - "The two Games of Glory" chronicling those two wins. lol.

Not really. I see the Patriots as a top AFC rival, but historically as a Baltimore fan, we've beaten them many times over the years. The old Baltimore Colts used to slap them around, and the Ravens have had their successes. NE is an organization that has won four times in 55 years. Not bad, but not dynastic. I saw the Baltimore Colts win four times in 30 years, and the Ravens win twice in 20. No one would call that dynastic either , but it's pretty good. We are just not in awe of the Patriots in Baltimore. That's why we can go up to New England and win. 

21 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

Not really. I see the Patriots as a top AFC rival, but historically as a Baltimore fan, we've beaten them many times over the years. The old Baltimore Colts used to slap them around, and the Ravens have had their successes. NE is an organization that has won four times in 55 years. Not bad, but not dynastic. I saw the Baltimore Colts win four times in 30 years, and the Ravens win twice in 20. No one would call that dynastic either , but it's pretty good. We are just not in awe of the Patriots in Baltimore. That's why we can go up to New England and win. 

When looking at a dynastic run you have to count the years from where the first win began to where it ended. The Pats run began in 2001 and is still going and is the most historic stretch of winning in NFL history. And if you go back to when Kraft bought the team in 1994, no other owner has won more (regular season and post-season)over a 21 year stretch than him.

The old Colts were certainly fantastic but their run does not compare to what the Pats have done since Kraft became owner during a much more difficult era to win consistently with the cap and FA.

6 minutes ago, amfootball said:

When looking at a dynastic run you have to count the years from where the first win began to where it ended. The Pats run began in 2001 and is still going and is the most historic stretch of winning in NFL history. And if you go back to when Kraft bought the team in 1994, no other owner has won more (regular season and post-season)over a 21 year stretch than him.

The old Colts were certainly fantastic but their run does not compare to what the Pats have done since Kraft became owner during a much more difficult era to win consistently with the cap and FA.

Patriot fans tend to focus on 2001 to present, much as Red Sox fans like to focus past 2004, forgetting 1918-2003, and in the Patriots case 1960- 2000, a fourty year Championship gap. So while the Kraft era has been successful , it is just an era in a larger landscape of total organizational success. 

12 minutes ago, amfootball said:

I will point out that owner Carroll Rosenbloom won three NFL Championships and a Super Bowl between 1953-1971, over 18 years as Baltimore Colts owner. 

16 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

Patriot fans tend to focus on 2001 to present, much as Red Sox fans like to focus past 2004, forgetting 1918-2003, and in the Patriots case 1960- 2000, a fourty year Championship gap. So while the Kraft era has been successful , it is just an era in a larger landscape of total organizational success. 

The Colts had a pretty lousy stretch between Unitas and Harbaugh and the selling of the franchise as well which we don't need to rehash but that is also part of the history. My only argument here is this run by the Pats since Kraft bought the team in 94 is the best in NFL history and still going.