Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Skip Bayless

coltsfeva

Thought I'd use this opportunity to vent a little on someone who is obviously prejudice against our Cotls: Skip Bayless

Wouldn't it be nice to see Skip's face should his beloved "Pycho Tom" get beat in the playoffs? Especially, if it is at the hands of what he calls the "whistle blowers" (Colts).

He is smug, arrogant and biased for the Cowboys and his man-love; "Tom Terrific"

He sarcastically calls Andrew Luck; Andrew "Lock".

Can't stand the guy but I do love it when he has to eat crow. Like when the Pats lost last week, he blamed the refs.

10 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

Thought I'd use this opportunity to vent a little on someone who is obviously prejudice against our Cotls: Skip Bayless

Wouldn't it be nice to see Skip's face should his beloved "Pycho Tom" get beat in the playoffs? Especially, if it is at the hands of what he calls the "whistle blowers" (Colts).

He is smug, arrogant and biased for the Cowboys and his man-love; "Tom Terrific"

Can't stand the guy but I do love it when he has to eat crow. Like when the Pats lost last week, he blamed the refs.

He's loud mouth. Like his partner Stephen A Smith. I avoid these shows. Nothing but pot stirrers trying to generate viewership with hyperbole and barbs. It's like a soap opera. Inconsequential.

Thanks for starting this Thread because he is such a bias clown toward his favorites. He rips Andrew to shreds, said RG3 would be much better than Andrew and the Colts made a mistake by taking Andrew over him when we drafted Andrew, this is where he loses all credibility with me. He is in love with Tom Brady and makes the funniest excuses up when Tom loses too but everyone has his favorites and Tom is Great but his excuses when Tom loses are mindboggling. By the way Jemele Hill also said RG3 was going to be better than Andrew and even laughed about it with Skip. In all honesty I really don't know what these people see when they say crap like that. I knew Andrew would be better and by a mile actually!

27 minutes ago, theanarchist said:

He's loud mouth. Like his partner Stephen A Smith. I avoid these shows. Nothing but pot stirrers trying to generate viewership with hyperbole and barbs. It's like a soap opera. Inconsequential.

Steven A is the reason I watch the show; he's great when he gets on Skip about the Cowboys.

You're right though, it really doesn't matter what people say about a team or player. There are so many intangibles that are never considered or talked about when "experts" discuss games/plays. 

56 minutes ago, theanarchist said:

It's better than NFL Network where no one says how they actually feel and just spew out whatever the TelePrompTer says.

At least they actually have their own opinions on ESPN. NFL Network has become unbearable.

1 hour ago, coltsfeva said:

I hate this man, guess hates strong word, but him and SaS actually think athletes and fan care about what they say. I enjoy Mike&Mike,but would rather watch paint drie than watch not only , but any show where Steven A make a "guest appearance". Like last week SaS was on an NFL countdown show, I literally had to change the channel him trying to argue guys that actually played the game. I think it's his segment tell me why I'm wrong. At least Mike&Mike has Golic to put some actual players perspective on it. First take has skips 1.4 pt/gm in high school. Last thing and I'm off rant, SaS is a race card player. :tvsmash::tvsmash::tvsmash:

3 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

Skip Bayless doesn't eat crow. He's pays someone else to eat it for him.

The whole point of their show is drama to get viewers...

They each have "their teams" and rag on other teams. Both Skip and Stephen A put on fronts to gain viewers.

Skip aggravates everyone. Not just Colts fans. He does this because that's his mantra. That's how he became popular and will continue to get viewers. 

Stephen A is suppose to disagree with almost everything he says and put on a good argument with everything.

Its all for a show. I watch it sometimes but if you don't like it don't watch it. lol

All these blowhards on Sports TV, ex-jocks and ex-coaches, actually make Howard Cossell tame in comparison. I don't watch any of them or pre/post game. I put the game on right at kickoff and after walking the dog during half-time. Show I miss the most was old school This Week in Pro Football.

I love seeing his old tweets pop up. Like the RG3 over Luck any career tweet. The Josh Freeman over Cam Newton carer tweet. 2 days ago he tweeted Rodgers isn't clutch. It's a joke he can't take himself seriously. Richard Sherman and Mark Cuban both put him in his place, it's funny because he tries to argue intangibles like who "wants it more" who has a "killer instinct" and who is "clutch". Basically just an *. 

It really a shame that Bayless has tuned into this point counter point *. Before they put a camera on him he was an award winning journalist. Now all he is, is a loud mouth argumentative jerk. I quit watching First Take about three years ago and it seems I haven't missed anything of importance. What was originally called debate has turned into argumentative drivel with no purpose but to keep those watching fired up.

I was listening to the radio the other day and one of the local shows was talking about how they know a producer of that show and they said all they do is keep Skip and Steve A. Smith apart in their dressing rooms and a producer runs topics with both of them and if they disagree it makes the show and if they agree it doesn't.  Just keep that in mind when you watch that show.  It's staged for arguing. 

29 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I was listening to the radio the other day and one of the local shows was talking about how they know a producer of that show and they said all they do is keep Skip and Steve A. Smith apart in their dressing rooms and a producer runs topics with both of them and if they disagree it makes the show and if they agree it doesn't.  Just keep that in mind when you watch that show.  It's staged for arguing. 

Seems that way, doesn't GoColts8818? Some of the info is interesting. I watch it for that reason. You can pick up tidbits that you do not see on NFL Network (really love that network) and other varied sources @ NFL.com, ESPN 1, 2, News, etc. etc. I really try and get as much as I can from almost every source  possible. Discriminating & digesting all of it is what really creates the enjoyment for me. Evaluation is key.

9 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

It's better than NFL Network where no one says how they actually feel and just spew out whatever the TelePrompTer says.

At least they actually have their own opinions on ESPN. NFL Network has become unbearable.

You really think Skip is giving us his true opinions?

Its a 'take'...a point to argue....like debate class

3 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Skip Bayless is just a skidmark on the underpants of society.

That's a very vivid image there. OPC. Nobody wants that fruit of the loom inspection job. Trust me. :P

I never miss a First Take Show ever. Yes, I know Steve A. Smith gets in preacher from the pulpit mode sometimes which can be annoying, but he slams the Cowboys a lot as a "walking piece of mediocracy" which I love & never get tired of. In addition, Skip Bayless never honors a bet when he loses just like when boxer Floyd Mayweather won. 

If you asked me to encapsulate why I enjoy Bayless so much, here's why: He's never wrong or so he thinks & his ability to rationalize his foolish arguments is fascinating. I liken it to what Joseph Goebbels, the Minister of Propaganda for the Third Reich said

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."

Skip has made a cottage industry out of doing this year after year.

I also like that Skip Bayless never gives up on supporting a QB he likes even when the rest of the world is long done with that player...Tim Tebow, RG3, Mat Cassel for awhile...

It's like you always get dissed by a pretty woman & every day at the same time you try to impress her & get noticed by her even though she will never give you the time of day...Even if you 2 were ordered to repopulate the human species. It's like a lengthy 30 year case study on entertaining delusions of grandeur.

2 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

Dip Clueless is a fire-fanner

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

It really a shame that Bayless has tuned into this point counter point *. Before they put a camera on him he was an award winning journalist. Now all he is, is a loud mouth argumentative jerk. I quit watching First Take about three years ago and it seems I haven't missed anything of importance. What was originally called debate has turned into argumentative drivel with no purpose but to keep those watching fired up.

Yes, Skip is the clown & Stephen A. is the bombastic straight man in the stick comedy routine Chris. I agree 100% First Take has value CC1 because it teaches people how to win a losing argument thru deflection [changing the rhetoric or talking points to support your conclusion even if it's flawed], projection [accusing your opponent of what you yourself are guilty of or often engage in as a tactic], & omission [leaving out facts which destroy & demolish your original position. 

People tend to believe we learn best by excellent journalistic examples we don't; We learn best by incompetence, deception, & what not to do as opposed to what we should.

I will give Skip credit for one thing & one thing only: I admire his candor on the air about his own parents struggle with alcohol which took his father & his mother was able to overcome the disease thru AA meetings every Monday.

It takes guts to openly disclose something so personal in the open for all to hear, ridicule, & mock especially when he also mentions that dating women was difficult for him because so many females want children & Skip doesn't want kids because he's afraid he might turn into his verbally abusive father. Wow. That is a raw revelation man & I believe him man. He's not joking, not the way he says it so quiet & serious.

Skip was a darn good journalist back in his Chicago Jordan days so he knows how to be a respectable reporter & writer when he wants to be.

Lastly, I have a number of relatives who, how do I put this nicely, aren't exactly Rhoads Scholars & by watching First Take on a regular basis, it prepares me for how their misguided minds work. A useful tool during the holidays trust me.

Like if you support 1 political party & you watch shows from their vantage point in order to strengthen & validate your own. Similar to a reconnaissance mission across enemy lines in a war movie.

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thanks for starting this Thread because he is such a bias clown toward his favorites. He rips Andrew to shreds, said RG3 would be much better than Andrew and the Colts made a mistake by taking Andrew over him when we drafted Andrew, this is where he loses all credibility with me. He is in love with Tom Brady and makes the funniest excuses up when Tom loses too but everyone has his favorites and Tom is Great but his excuses when Tom loses are mindboggling. By the way Jemele Hill also said RG3 was going to be better than Andrew and even laughed about it with Skip. In all honesty I really don't know what these people see when they say crap like that. I knew Andrew would be better and by a mile actually!

Yes, Skip slams Andrew every chance he gets with his "Andrew Lock" [premature HOF coronation jokes] which do tick me off. I won't lie CTE, but when Chewbacca wins a SB & he will win a SB we will all laugh our cabooses off because just like when LeBron won his 1st ring with the Miami Heat Stephen A Smith won't let his partner in crime skate on all the times he undercut Luck's NFL successes or tried to diminish them. He will hold Skip's feet to the collective fire. I can promise you that. 

Just keep slamming him Skip because 1 day you will be compelled to eat a not a piece but an entire humble pie & that day will indeed by a joyous & glorious one for all INDY fans. Chewy's day will come as will yours Mr. Bayless. Pride always goes before the fall Skippy.

And don't get me started on how Skip devalues Eli Manning's 2 rings calling him "Rain Man" as if to imply Eli has no skill & it was pure luck that NY beat NE twice under the bright lights. End rant.

3 hours ago, southwest1 said:

That's a very vivid image there. OPC. Nobody wants that fruit of the loom inspection job. Trust me. :P

I never miss a First Take Show ever. Yes, I know Steve A. Smith gets in preacher from the pulpit mode sometimes which can be annoying, but he slams the Cowboys a lot as a "walking piece of mediocracy" which I love & never get tired of. In addition, Skip Bayless never honors a bet when he loses just like when boxer Floyd Mayweather won. 

If you asked me to encapsulate why I enjoy Bayless so much, here's why: He's never wrong or so he thinks & his ability to rationalize his foolish arguments is fascinating. I liken it to what Joseph Goebbels, the Minister of Propaganda for the Third Reich said

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."

Skip has made a cottage industry out of doing this year after year.

I just dont enjoy feeling dumber when someone talks, so if I have a say so, I turn it off.  I suppose if there was another acceptable reason to watch him, it's to laugh at idiocy at its finest. But for me, I feel like it's Beavis and Butt-Head with microphones and they're throwing out names of people they see on TV.

PS the skidmark remark was quote from the movie Dodgeball. Funny, funny movie.

2 hours ago, HarryTheCat said:

I'd love to see Skip Bayless and Joe Buck in a cage match to see who could talk the other one to death. If either one accidentally said something that remotely represented an intelligent thought he would be disqualified. 

Once while watching a Star Trek movie with my father, the one where Spock undergoes his rare puberty ritual, Bones the Dr. agrees to inhabit Spock's personality. After the experiment is over & Spock has returned back to normal, the audience remains silent & my dad blurts out "Say something stupid Bones so we know the test was a complete success will ya?" haha

Your scenario reminded me of this unforgettable & priceless moment with my old man. Thanks.  :thmup:

40 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I just dont enjoy feeling dumber when someone talks, so if I have a say so, I turn it off.  I suppose if there was another acceptable reason to watch him, it's to laugh at idiocy at its finest. But for me, I feel like it's Beavis and Butt-Head with microphones and they're throwing out names of people they see on TV.

PS the skidmark remark was quote from the movie Dodgeball. Funny, funny movie.

Oh yes, I know the movie "DodgeBall" well. I own it & I even reviewed it in my thread "Seen Any Good Movies Lately? topic. I actually enjoy watching dysfunctional antics because no matter how boring, repetitious, or mandane a person's life may be....Their lives automatically look affluent, well adjusted, & highly organized next to this hot mess even if a significant portion of it is rehearsed for maximum effect.

I chuckle at the notion some people have that all TV viewing has to be smart, illuminating, & sophisticated in nature. We all need guilty pleasures in our lives. No matter how decaying their presence may ultimately be on our noggins from sustained exposure.

18 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Oh yes, I know the movie "DodgeBall" well. I own it & I even reviewed it in my thread "Seen Any Good Movies Lately? topic. I actually enjoy watching dysfunctional antics because no matter how boring, repetitious, or mandane a person's life may be....Their lives automatically look affluent, well adjusted, & highly organized next to this hot mess even if a significant portion of it is rehearsed for maximum effect.

I chuckle at the notion some people have that all TV viewing has to be smart, illuminating, & sophisticated in nature. We all need guilty pleasures in our lives. No matter how decaying their presence may ultimately be on our noggins from sustained exposure.

Oh I don't think all tv has to be smart. Dodgeball for instance. But there is a line I draw,  and Skip just doesn't make the cut for me. My guilty pleasures include crappy horror , action and even chick flicks, so believe me, I'm not trying to be a TV snob or anything.

4 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I will give Skip credit for one thing & one thing only: I admire his candor on the air about his own parents struggle with alcohol which took his father & his mother was able to overcome the disease thru AA meetings every Monday.

It takes guts to openly disclose something so personal in the open for all to hear, ridicule, & mock especially when he also mentions that dating women was difficult for him because so many females want children & Skip doesn't want kids because he's afraid he might turn into his verbally abusive father. Wow. That is a raw revelation man & I believe him man. He's not joking, not the way he says it so quiet & serious.

Skip was a darn good journalist back in his Chicago Jordan days so he knows how to be a respectable reporter & writer when he wants to be.

Yes sir, SW1. I agree. 

As a side note here : You'd have to be "mentally challenged" to believe this show is not staged. But, that last sentence you write is the truth. He really is a good journalist when he's not seeing dollar signs and fame.