Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Colts vs. Bye Week Thread

Restored

The story of the team meeting and the story of the Friday intense practice session prior to the Colts win will be an influence on what transpires during this time off. It could not come at a more opportune time with the new structure and perhaps offensive philosophy. If done right the Colts hopefully will emerge a much improved club and make the long expected run for the gold. 

I think we go into the bye with a great game plan, execute well and come out 4-5 with lots of moxy and motivation!

Gotta keep choppin' wood...

Trust the process...

Stay humble...

Eat your Wheaties....

Drink your Ovaltine...

Don't step on Superman's Cape...

Don't pee into the wind...

Build the monster.

I think the guys deserve the much needed time off. My real concern is for the welfare of this forums members. What will become of the forum on a week in which we have no Colts football to discuss? The excessive analysis of coaching decisions alone has me fearing for everyone's mental health.

I think the guys deserve the much needed time off. My real concern is for the welfare of this forums members. What will become of the forum on a week in which we have no Colts football to discuss? The excessive analysis of coaching decisions alone has me fearing for everyone's mental health.

Hence this thread that is vitally needed.

don't say that your being a whiner lmao so what's your take on this win against the Broncos?

Better sequencing of plays on the offensive end. Nice commitment to the run even if it wasn't very effective throughout the game. Lots of three-step drops early in the game to get Luck into a rhythm. Chub ran a couple quick Gore runs on 3rd and short (I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but on a couple of short yardage plays, Luck would take the snap, turn, and immediately give the ball to Gore as if handing it to a fullback). Would have liked to have seen a few more screens thrown in there and Chub being more aggressive attacking the middle of the field, but there's not much he can really do in just a few days on the job in terms of play design. Costanzo has been incredible the past two weeks. Reitz is very good as well (i can't believe this guy was on the bench for 4 seasons). Luck had 1 or 2 boneheaded throws per usual, but for the most part was on target and made good decisions. 

Defense was basically the same as usual. Basically no pressure from the edge rushers, but Langford stepped up immensely in that area. Davis did his usual against DT and essentially shut him down all game (Vontae actually trailed him for the majority of the game), Unfortunately Toler was also his usual self and it would have been even worse if Manning hadn't missed a few deep shots. Colt Anderson and Dwight Lowery are really bad.

Pagano also had a few classic Pagano moments. I don't know who was responsible for the punt at the end of the half, but there was no reason that ball had to be in the field of play. Also before that, Pagano wasted a huge opportunity to go into halftime with a 20+ lead when he conceded the final possession of the half (that's coaching not to lose and i hate that). The 55 yard field goal attempt was equally as dumb. I like Vinny as much as the next guy, but that was possibly a game losing decision not to try to just get the 2 yards there. Luckily AV is a boss and nailed it. 

Better sequencing of plays on the offensive end. Nice commitment to the run even if it wasn't very effective throughout the game. Lots of three-step drops early in the game to get Luck into a rhythm. Chub ran a couple quick Gore runs on 3rd and short (I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but on a couple of short yardage plays, Luck would take the snap, turn, and immediately give the ball to Gore as if handing it to a fullback). Would have liked to have seen a few more screens thrown in there and Chub being more aggressive attacking the middle of the field, but there's not much he can really do in just a few days on the job in terms of play design. Costanzo has been incredible the past two weeks. Reitz is very good as well (i can't believe this guy was on the bench for 4 seasons). Luck had 1 or 2 boneheaded throws per usual, but for the most part was on target and made good decisions.

Defense was basically the same as usual. Basically no pressure from the edge rushers, but Langford stepped up immensely in that area. Davis did his usual against DT and essentially shut him down all game (Vontae actually trailed him for the majority of the game), Unfortunately Toler was also his usual self and it would have been even worse if Manning hadn't missed a few deep shots. Colt Anderson and Dwight Lowery are really bad.

Pagano also had a few classic Pagano moments. I don't know who was responsible for the punt at the end of the half, but there was no reason that ball had to be in the field of play. Also before that, Pagano wasted a huge opportunity to go into halftime with a 20+ lead when he conceded the final possession of the half (that's coaching not to lose and i hate that). The 55 yard field goal attempt was equally as dumb. I like Vinny as much as the next guy, but that was possibly a game losing decision not to try to just get the 2 yards there. Luckily AV is a boss and nailed it.

thanks I didn't get to see the game cause I had to go to stupid work. I thought Chud did pretty good with the Browns considering how little talent they had I thought he got a raw deal being fired after 1 season. He has shown to be pretty successful from his time with Cam Newton in Carolina. I personally still feel we need a new staff and I still hope Grigson is gone I don't think I'll ever want to keep him.

I think we go into the bye with a great game plan, execute well and come out 4-5 with lots of moxy and motivation!

Gotta keep choppin' wood...

Trust the process...

Stay humble...

Eat your Wheaties....

Drink your Ovaltine...

Don't step on Superman's Cape...

Don't pee into the wind...

let the lone Ranger keep his mask on

and leave Jim(irsay) alone