Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kaepernick gets benched

amfootball

The #49ers are benching QB Colin Kaepernick, I'm told. He has been informed. Blaine Gabbert is the starter.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)

November 3, 2015

The #49ers are benching QB Colin Kaepernick, I'm told. He has been informed. Blaine Gabbert is the starter.

#49ers players were split on Colin Kaepernick & the brass stayed with him as long as it could. Benched now (@Kyle_McLorgBASG 1st reported)

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)

November 3, 2015

#49ers players were split on Colin Kaepernick & the brass stayed with him as long as it could. Benched now (@Kyle_McLorgBASG 1st reported)

First they try to force him into being something he is not...which is a consistent pocket passer. Then when he struggles to be something he is not instead of doing what he does well (He is still the most talented QB on that roster regardless of what anybody says) they bench him for a bum QB...While Kaeperneck has struggled this year his strengths have not been utlized

That's dumb. Gabbert is certainly not better than Kaepernick, and they owe Kap a ton of $$$. What're they going to end up doing with Kapernick and all that guaranteed $$$?

I don't think they would've had a discussion like this with Coach HarbAugh. Hell, I don't think Kaepernicks performance would even be like this with him there either . That speaks volumes to him. Imagine how great he could possibly be with Luck ( I know is not happening but one can dream :). )?

That's dumb. Gabbert is certainly not better than Kaepernick, and they owe Kap a ton of $$$. What're they going to end up doing with Kapernick and all that guaranteed $$$?

I don't think they would've had a discussion like this with Coach HarbAugh. Hell, I don't think Kaepernicks performance would even be like this with him there either . That speaks volumes to him. Imagine how great he could possibly be with Luck ( I know is not happening but one can dream :). )?

It's less than you might think if they cut him/trade him next season:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/colin-kaepernick/

First they try to force him into being something he is not...which is a consistent pocket passer. Then when he struggles to be something he is not instead of doing what he does well (He is still the most talented QB on that roster regardless of what anybody says) they bench him for a bum QB...While Kaeperneck has struggled this year his strengths have not been utlized

He is similar to RG3, I think once RG3 got injured the 49ers have been/are being cautious but Kaep's game is running and throwing on the run. RG3 getting injured has scared everyone that has a running QB. Luck isn't even running that much this year compared to years past. There was a couple of times last night where Cam got drilled in the knees, I know Carolina fans were holding their breath.