Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will pep stick with the plan.....

needanoline63

We're about to find out when Luck suits up against the Pats. I think how Pep runs his offense with Luck will say a lot about whether he's kept next offseason or not. Luck should not have an issue of running this west coast offense since he did back at Stanford.

Exactly

People keep talking about how they've changed up the play calling with Matt. Has anyone considered the possibility that the offense we've been seeing under Matt is the offense pep was trying to run with Luck but Matt is just executing it better?

People keep talking about how they've changed up the play calling with Matt. Has anyone considered the possibility that the offense we've been seeing under Matt is the offense pep was trying to run with Luck but Matt is just executing it better?

It looked like different play calling all together to me. Luck was hardly throwing any short passes and that's all Hass was doing. The Offense we ran with Hass we should be able to run with Luck, with no problem. We will see what happens against the Pats.

This ^

How about considering that MH has a great deal more experience at how to use the information that Pep has given him than Andrew has. Andrew is awesome at a great many things. Knowing which read to use, and when to change the play are things that he has a good learning curve yet to go.

This thread could be called......"Will Andrew learn from what Matt has shown him?"

So, all the 3 step drops, the misdirection, the moving the pocket, the quick motion.... All of that was just a figment of our imagination?

It was night and day. It was a completely different offense.

If you can't see the playcalling has changed with Mh you're blind..luck didn't even have empty backfield plays, roll outs, or playaction. They changed the playcalling due to luck getting hurt if he didn't pep would still be running that basic downfield crap..no1 has doubted that pep doesn't know what to do its just that he waits too long to do it

So, all the 3 step drops, the misdirection, the moving the pocket, the quick motion.... All of that was just a figment of our imaginatiin?

Luck has a significant amount of control when it comes to play calling. He and the coaches have said as much on more than one occasion.

To me it simply makes more sense that luck is calling and looking for the down field plays. I don't think Pep is as ludicrously inept as he'd have to be to not try these things until after switching to matt. So I think it's that luck needs to learn to add some west coast style hasselbeck'ing to his repertoire in order to truly become the special qb that he can be.

So, all the 3 step drops, the misdirection, the moving the pocket, the quick motion.... All of that was just a figment of our imaginatiin?

I would have to agree with this. I agree because Dwayne Allen made comments about how Hasselbeck was running or seemed to be running a completely different offense. And he basically said the one Hasselbeck was running was the one he preferred. The one that spreads the ball around into our playmakers hands. If everything were the same Allen would have never said "What is our identity?"

While I agree with you (Luck was obviously refusing to take anything short) there has been a huge movement of personnel that wasn't there when Luck was in. First game all year I saw our jumbo package turn into a flex 2 TE set wide. That alone has been something I've been begging for and it finally happened. So I do think the coaches made some changes that would benefit Luck.

Will pep run the offense with luck the way he did with hasselbeck. Cause let's face it hasselbeck has looked better then luck out there even when he's sick! The short and quick throws is what luck needs

Lets face it: We beat Houston and Jax..

..do you really want to used the same game plan against NE?

So, all the 3 step drops, the misdirection, the moving the pocket, the quick motion.... All of that was just a figment of our imagination?

It was a dialed down offense for Matt //but look closely at the results.

Will that win against NE and Denver?

Was not really that big a difference in the play calling, We are still using most of the same formations going 3 wide a lot and running many of the same plays, The biggest difference is Matt is making quicker and better decisions within the concepts of the offense ran and players have executed

Lets face it: We beat Houston and Jax..

..do you really want to used the same game plan against NE?

Definitely. Patriots like to blitz Collins and Hightower. They're very effective with it, especially since the two have good timing. If running short routes and moving the pocket helps alleviate the pressure the Patriots will be sending, why not use a similar game plan?

Lets see what B.B brings first though.  He has seen the way Indy has played the past few weeks also you know, so what is he game planning for? the MH offense? or Lucks?  

I'd say let luck go out there, execute a few run plays (cause pats can't stop the run for nothing) and let Luck and Pep observe.  Be prepared to do what it takes to win.

P.S. The same could be said about EVERY game played..not just NE.

It was a dialed down offense for Matt //but look closely at the results.

Will that win against NE and Denver?

that should work against them hasselback doesn't throw the deep ball so the two teams we played didn't respect that as you could see on the Hilton catch they weren't expecting it..now with luck operating the same offense you have to respect the deep ball as well bc you know he loves to take his shots..only question is will he overdo it or take the short options ?