Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm starting to believe that only the Denver Broncos can stop the Patriots from AFC supremacy

coltkingABC

In ten or less days and counting. At Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis Indiana The New England Patriots are going to walk on the field thinking they've already won, that this should be an easy 'W.' But that will be our team's mindset as well. (Perhaps not the "easy" part)

This time around, they will not walk all over us. It's time we expose who we are as a team..as a supportive fanbase..We do not presume the role of a whipped puppy already in submission. No! While some will have their doubts and rightfully so as they are entitled, those doubts must be set aside come the day of reckoning.

The Patriots will suffer their first loss of the season against our Colts. If you think/feel otherwise than my friends..*lightly rests hand on shoulder for dramatic effect*..you have already been defeated.

Please show me when the Patriots have ever assumed a win. With the last three blowouts, you would think that you would have learned this about the Patriots.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please show me when the Patriots have ever assumed a win. With the last three blowouts, you would think that you would have learned this about the Patriots.

Obviously that's a trick question because I cannot literally know what they are thinking. I basically put myself in their position if I were them. With the mentality of if I see what we are capable of, then who can stop us? It empowers them cerebally. Again, can't speak for anyone but myself.

However, if I myself were in THEIR current status I would feel very trusting in my teammates and Coach's scheme, almost to a fault that I would provide myself with a false sense of security.

I just get an arrogant vibe when watching them, which they've earned, but to a lesser degree that many people credit them for. In addition to the history against Luck & Co.

I don't think Denver can beat New England as of right now but it's week 5.  Alot of teams can improve and get better.  Alot of things can change come week 1 of the playoffs too.  Denvers D is legit but their offense is struggling(surprisingly).  New England looks like the hands on favorite right now but it's still really early.

Anything can happen on a given Sunday.  Also, it is early in the season and teams can get better as the season goes along.

However, with that said given the present condition in the AFC and how the Pats have played its first three games (and to an extension how they played the last 16 games of last year including playoffs), it is going to be tough for teams to prevent the pats from getting a bye or HFA this season.

Indy can help their cause next weekend and we will see what happens, in prior games they have not played the pats close.

Denver can do some damage Thanksgiving weekend when they host the Pats.  The Denver D looks solid but the O is struggling.  Perhaps Peyton and the O can get it going as the year progresses and can make Denver a strong AFC contender.  Perhaps tho the D might regress. Time will tell with Denver, but as it stands now Denver will have its hands full with the Pats when the latter visits.

Cincy could make some noise, although they do not go head to head with the pats, Cincy is a team that could get a bye.   

broncos dont look impressive

The defense does, but the offense can't get out of their own way often. Hell their run attack is virtually non existent.

Actually it makes the defense seem even more impressive given the bad situations the offense puts them in. I don't think anyone thinks Denver is a 2000 Ravens/2004 Patriots defense or anywhere near that, but they're pretty good. So far.

Of course the real test will be when they go against Rodgers' and Brady's buzzsaws.

Hell their run attack is virtually non existent.

which I find surprising because kubieck has a proven track record with his zone running scheme. look at what he did with backs like forsett and ben tate. his scheme even turned foster who was basically unknown into a superstar

I dont see the pats being as much a powerhouse, but that the other traditional strong teams have taken a step back. All the teams mentioned in this thread from the AFC can on any given day, beat the pats (or any other AFC team for that matter). The pats, to date, just have been more consistent then the Colts or the Bronco's and Ravens, and healthier then the Steelers. 

Obviously that's a trick question because I cannot literally know what they are thinking. I basically put myself in their position if I were them. With the mentality of if I see what we are capable of, then who can stop us? It empowers them cerebally. Again, can't speak for anyone but myself.

However, if I myself were in THEIR current status I would feel very trusting in my teammates and Coach's scheme, almost to a fault that I would provide myself with a false sense of security.

I just get an arrogant vibe when watching them, which they've earned, but to a lesser degree that many people credit them for. In addition to the history against Luck & Co.

To the bolded. You'd be off the team day 1. I guarantee. :)

That's just the opposite of what BB would not allow.  Yeah they won 3 games so far- not a big deal this early but they fought hard in practice to get those wins. Even against JAX due to some defensive capabilities they didn't just chuck it to Gronk- they had to run multiple complex routes, ditto the Bills.

No offense but the arrogance you perceive is just in your head...and others no doubt :)

To the bolded. You'd be off the team day 1. I guarantee. :)

That's just the opposite of what BB would not allow. Yeah they won 3 games so far- not a big deal this early but they fought hard in practice to get those wins. Even against JAX due to some defensive capabilities they didn't just chuck it to Gronk- they had to run multiple complex routes, ditto the Bills.

No offense but the arrogance you perceive is just in your head...and others no doubt :)

Did I say that they ARE arrogant? No, I merely said I get that vibe, not that everyone gets that vibe. And just because I personally get a feeling, does not constitute it as truth, which I understand.

Did I say they do not practice hard or discredit them in any form ? No, because that is already a given.

As far as Bill Bellicheck cutting me from day 1, it's not like I'd be broadcasting all my thoughts and wouldn't be a team player or try hard, but that's your perception, so it must be true.

Did I say that they ARE arrogant? No, I merely said I get that vibe, not that everyone gets that vibe. And just because I personally get a feeling, does not constitute it as truth, which I understand.

Did I say they do not practice hard or discredit them in any form ? No, because that is already a given.

As far as Bill Bellicheck cutting me from day 1, it's not like I'd be broadcasting all my thoughts and wouldn't be a team player or try hard, but that's your perception, so it must be true.

What precisely causes you to think that they give off that vibe , besides your dislike of the team?

What precisely causes you to think that they give off that vibe , besides your dislike of the team?

Common sense for one. Where did I even say that I have a dislike for them? You're implying that idea because I have a reason to be biased, but that's not the case I ensure you.

You have 4 bowl rings, you've whooped the Colts into submission the last 3 times consequtively. You're undefeated, you've seen the Colts' woes. You've whipped the team (Buffalo) that whipped them. You have faith in the people surrounding you. You already have an idea what is required of you more or less.The expectation based on history, which would fall into the stats category...(I know how people just love those statistics) You'd naturally us common folk, not athletes perse' would have a sense of entitlement going in.

Perhaps I'm mistaking arrogance with over-confidence, either way it's negate.

With the most humble means possible, I just sit here and shake my head and realize it is not necessary to have the last word.  

Denver will beat them. If they don't I will take my medicine like a man in here from AM and the other Pats fans. I'll be here win or lose. Not sure the Colts can beat them yet though. I could be really bold and predict that upset but nobody knows what Colts team is going to show up next week or if Andrew will be ready to play.

Hey keep in mind it happens once every four years.  I think it's right around that time frame! haha

If it happened again I might get a little spooked. haha

And the Giants in 2007 started 0-2 as well and lost to the Cowboys on opening week in a good game.

This is up Chad's alley though with the patterns.....he needs to build one for Pats/Giants. I know he already called the Giants to win the East due to the 4 year thing.

Denver's offense has struggled so much, and their defense is just barely beating mediocre teams. There is no way I would ever trust that team to knock out the Pats.

They do have a chance at Mile High, but in Foxboro? No chance at all. I won't be surprised if New England blows them out in Denver given how much they've struggled with offensively to move the chains. Manning is not the same this year and has struggled quite a bit, I fully expect him to have issues with NE's front blitzes. Denver's defense has yet to play a quarterback better than Alex Smith, and they've already struggled quite a bit. 

I had a nightmare that the Pats broke the all-time single-game scoring record of 72 vs. the Colts.  I hope it was just a dream.  I REALLY do.  But I could see them up 40 with 1:45 left and the ball and still throwing 20-yard seamers to Gronk, with BB looking over at the Colts sideline with a smirk.  I'm sure they'll want to not only beat the Colts, but humiliate them.

Denver will beat them. If they don't I will take my medicine like a man in here from AM and the other Pats fans. I'll be here win or lose. Not sure the Colts can beat them yet though. I could be really bold and predict that upset but nobody knows what Colts team is going to show up next week or if Andrew will be ready to play.

I enjoy all your posts 2006Coltsbestever and the back and forth. We expect that you would be rooting for your team to win as are we. Please continue to post your thoughts on the game and the conference.

Great article on PFF on Mannings performance this year and analyzation of the Vikings game, https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/10/08/factors-behind-peyton-mannings-decline/

This is a good read. However, I think that it is an article that you should have allowed a Colts fan to post. When you or some other Pats fans post an article about Manning, it is almost always one that is critical of him or which signals his imminent demise. I can understand your posting it on a Pats site but not here. Many Colts/Manning fans do not appreciate it when fans of other teams, especially the Pats fans, post such articles about one of their favorite players. (That is true of most fans when fans of other teams criticize their players/organization on their forum. Pats fans do it repeatedly on this site. And it is still their forum, regardless that the article is posted in the General NFL section.)

Do you recall when you posted that article about Osweiler possibly taking over for Manning? It upset many members here. As DG recommended at the time, perhaps you should also post positive articles about Manning, as that would demonstrate that you are just sharing information/articles, rather than looking to criticize Manning.

Anyway, back on topic... It will be hard for any team to beat the Pats. They look unbeatable. If one team could beat them, it would be this Broncos team with their great defense. I look forward to that game.

I had a nightmare that the Pats broke the all-time single-game scoring record of 72 vs. the Colts.  I hope it was just a dream.  I REALLY do.  But I could see them up 40 with 1:45 left and the ball and still throwing 20-yard seamers to Gronk, with BB looking over at the Colts sideline with a smirk.  I'm sure they'll want to not only beat the Colts, but humiliate them.

That is funny. haha   Honestly I will just take a win. I don't care if it is by one point.

Common sense for one. Where did I even say that I have a dislike for them? You're implying that idea because I have a reason to be biased, but that's not the case I ensure you.

You have 4 bowl rings, you've whooped the Colts into submission the last 3 times consequtively. You're undefeated, you've seen the Colts' woes. You've whipped the team (Buffalo) that whipped them. You have faith in the people surrounding you. You already have an idea what is required of you more or less.The expectation based on history, which would fall into the stats category...(I know how people just love those statistics) You'd naturally us common folk, not athletes perse' would have a sense of entitlement going in.

Perhaps I'm mistaking arrogance with over-confidence, either way it's negate.

Then I would say once again that you haven't followed the Patriots at all. BB doesn't allow his team to be overconfident.

At this pace the Patriots are probably gonna go undefeated all the way to the Super Bowl.

Given they don't play CIN, GB, or ARZ - DEN is the only team that has a decent shot to stop them from having a 16-0 regular season. They're miles better than every other team they play on the schedule.

Even then, I'd say it's ~70% likely NE will beat DEN. Brady will have his one stinker game a year along the line, but depending on who they play they can still win anyway.

Denver's offense has struggled so much, and their defense is just barely beating mediocre teams. There is no way I would ever trust that team to knock out the Pats.

They do have a chance at Mile High, but in Foxboro? No chance at all. I won't be surprised if New England blows them out in Denver given how much they've struggled with offensively to move the chains. Manning is not the same this year and has struggled quite a bit, I fully expect him to have issues with NE's front blitzes. Denver's defense has yet to play a quarterback better than Alex Smith, and they've already struggled quite a bit. 

Which team are you planning to route come playoffs?.

Given they don't play CIN, GB, or ARZ - DEN is the only team that has a decent shot to stop them from having a 16-0 regular season. They're miles better than every other team they play on the schedule.

Even then, I'd say it's ~70% likely NE will beat DEN. Brady will have his one stinker game a year along the line, but depending on who they play they can still win anyway.

You are giving NE too much credit.

They defeated a disorganized defense with a broken kicker week 1.

They let a rookie starter score unanswered 21 points in Week 2.

They defeated Jaguars Week 3.

Wait till they play a real team. Forget Denver. Let them beat Colts or Gaints first.

This is a good read. However, I think that it is an article that you should have allowed a Colts fan to post. When you or some other Pats fans post an article about Manning, it is almost always one that is critical of him or which signals his imminent demise. I can understand your posting it on a Pats site but not here. Many Colts/Manning fans do not appreciate it when fans of other teams, especially the Pats fans, post such articles about one of their favorite players. (That is true of most fans when fans of other teams criticize their players/organization on their forum. Pats fans do it repeatedly on this site. And it is still their forum, regardless that the article is posted in the General NFL section.)

Do you recall when you posted that article about Osweiler possibly taking over for Manning? It upset many members here. As DG recommended at the time, perhaps you should also post positive articles about Manning, as that would demonstrate that you are just sharing information/articles, rather than looking to criticize Manning.

Anyway, back on topic... It will be hard for any team to beat the Pats. They look unbeatable. If one team could beat them, it would be this Broncos team with their great defense. I look forward to that game.

I love you !

You are giving NE too much credit.

They defeated a disorganized defense with a broken kicker week 1.

They let a rookie starter score unanswered 21 points in Week 2.

They defeated Jaguars Week 3.

Wait till they play a real team. Forget Denver. Let them beat Colts or Gaints first.

You aren't giving them enough credit. Funny you mentioned Colts and Giants as real teams...but who have they beaten? Patriots beat that "rookie" starter who the Colts couldn't. Not to mention the Colts have a win over the Jaguars, who you dismissed in the Patriots win column, and the Texans, letting Hoyer pass at will. What do you think Brady will do? Then you have the 2-2 Giants who put a whoopin on the big bad Redskins. Come on, man. I know you don't like Brady but at least make better excuses for his wins.

You aren't giving them enough credit. Funny you mentioned Colts and Giants as real teams...but who have they beaten? Patriots beat that "rookie" starter who the Colts couldn't. Not to mention the Colts have a win over the Jaguars, who you dismissed in the Patriots win column, and the Texans, letting Hoyer pass at will. What do you think Brady will do? Then you have the 2-2 Giants who put a whoopin on the big bad Redskins. Come on, man. I know you don't like Brady but at least make better excuses for his wins.

Yeah let's hand over the SB to Pats