Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Akiem Hicks traded to Pats for Hoomanawanui

backshoulderfade

Akiem Hicks is a very good interior DL if he is coached up right. Man, the Patriots are realizing their secondary is not as good, so they are just bolstering their front seven because they know it will be necessary to have fresh bodies in the rotation to keep elite O scores down come playoff time.

This is a great move by the Patriots and another disaster move for the Saints. 

Saints are practically admitting now that they gave up all their receivers this off season. Going for another TE just proves how Jimmy Graham is missed on this offense. 

Hicks is going to fit in great for the Patriots and add in for their pass rush. He's not a bad player whatsoever. I can't believe they just got rid of one of our only few good defensive players. 

TE Michael Williams had passed Hooman on the depth chart. So with Gronk and Chandler, Hooman became expendable. I like the added depth on DL especially with Easley still dealing with the hip pointer. Hicks has been a starter since 2013 so we will see how Bill fits him in. Seems like a solid player from everything I have read.

Very excited by all the moves the Pats have made recently to bolster/add depth to the front 7. Bill seems locked in to make sure his defense is good enough to hold the fort.

This is a great move by the Patriots and another disaster move for the Saints. 

Saints are practically admitting now that they gave up all their receivers this off season. Going for another TE just proves how Jimmy Graham is missed on this offense. 

Hicks is going to fit in great for the Patriots and add in for their pass rush. He's not a bad player whatsoever. I can't believe they just got rid of one of our only few good defensive players. 

Hooman is a solid TE. You got a pretty good player. Very good blocker and a decent catcher.

So you like Hicks. That is good to hear. What are his strengths?

Do you see Grig making any moves to improve the Oline?

FA market doesn't have anyone serviceable than who we have now. I think Jvan is right though. It would need to be a trade which is probably not going to happen. Luck will just have to continue to run for his life and get hit. Nothing new. :(

TE Michael Williams had passed Hooman on the depth chart. So with Gronk and Chandler, Hooman became expendable. I like the added depth on DL especially with Easley still dealing with the hip pointer. Hicks has been a starter since 2013 so we will see how Bill fits him in. Seems like a solid player from everything I have read.

Very excited by all the moves the Pats have made recently to bolster/add depth to the front 7. Bill seems locked in to make sure his defense is good enough to hold the fort.

Need to make up for Malcolm Brown underperforming.

Need to make up for Malcolm Brown underperforming.

lol. Brown has been just fine. No one was expecting him to come and be a world beater the first few games. As I said over on the other thread, it takes defensive players time to work into Bill's system. I have zero worries about Brown.

lol. Brown has been just fine. No one was expecting him to come and be a world beater the first few games. As I said over on the other thread, it takes defensive players time to work into Bill's system. I have zero worries about Brown.

I know you don't have worries but his ineffectiveness is why they made the trade.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/09/30/how-all-2015-first-round-picks-have-played/

32. Malcom Brown, DT, Patriots

Snaps: 69

Grade: -5.7

Summary: The Patriots aren’t shy about throwing rookies into the firing line. They’re also not shy about taking them out when their play is not up to scratch. Brown has earned negative grades in each of his regular season games, proving somewhat ineffective against the run.

I know you don't have worries but his ineffectiveness is why they made the trade.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/09/30/how-all-2015-first-round-picks-have-played/

32. Malcom Brown, DT, Patriots

Snaps: 69

Grade: -5.7

Summary: The Patriots aren’t shy about throwing rookies into the firing line. They’re also not shy about taking them out when their play is not up to scratch. Brown has earned negative grades in each of his regular season games, proving somewhat ineffective against the run.

Easley is out too so they are weak vs the run across the board. Again, it takes time for defensive players to get up to speed and Brown has been thrown into the fire. The fact that he is not ready is hardly a surprise or worrisome.

Easley is out too so they are weak vs the run across the board. Again, it takes time for defensive players to get up to speed and Brown has been thrown into the fire. The fact that he is not ready is hardly a surprise or worrisome.

I know. Again, this is why they made this trade.

I know. Again, this is why they made this trade.

Yeah, I am happy they did. The run D has not been good at all. They have a lot of depth across the D line/LBs but not a ton of experience as there are the rookies like Brown, second year player like Easley who did not play much last year and the new FA/trade players. Bill will continue to tinker to get the right mix.

Strange trade for the Saints. Hicks was a monster 2 years ago, and is only making $1.5 million or so this year. Not much of a salary cap dump.

If anything, they should get rid of Jarius Byrd and his elephant contract.

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-orleans-saints

If we offered a 7th rounder to N.O. for Jarius Byrd, it'd be a huge lopsided trade in THEIR favor.

and which of these 2 players were the missing piece that would have put the Colts over the top as obvious superbowl favorites?  :sip:

I was not referring to these two...just saying their not doing anything while O-line is still lousy at protecting #12...meanwhile the Pats are good but they keep trying to improve that team...especially on defense where they need to improve...all Iʻm saying is they know #12 is slightly injured do something to make that O-line better...or their wonʻt be a #12 to finish the season