Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Let It Never Be Said That Jim Irsay Isn't Serious About Winning

GoGoColts

Sorry about the new thread. There are similar topics, but a lot of negativity was going on about Jim and his weakness as an owner and so on.

Whatever happens from here on out, let's get it straight. Jim Irsay is a fine owner. Just because he isn't medlsome, that doesn't mean that he doesn't want to win.

He would not fire both Polians if he had not an ace up his sleeve - which means that he must have started negotiating with someone else a couple of weeks ago. Cool dude haha

Absolutely right...

.....You dont fire someone unless you have an idea of who you want to replace him

.....Irsay has already made some offers... :rulez:

I was starting to have serious questions about Irsay, but today renewed my belief in him.

I did not expect this..

I thought the announcement today would be that JC has been let go....

..I dont ever remember a team had so many questions and at the same time..so many opportunities in one off-season...

I believe he sees the direction his franchise needs to go. I agree this has been hush hush but in the plans for some time. He even tweeted a month or so back He knew what needed to be done but it was complicated. He didn't want to trash Bill Polian because he did help make this franchise, so yeah the guys classy too. Here's to you Irsay!!! :drink:

I have to admit I had my doubts as to whether Jim Irsay would act, but I have to give him full kudos. This couldn't have been a spur of the moment thing, so I'm confident he's already been working on replacements for both the GM position as well as coaches.

I wonder if Bob Lamey will be singing show tunes tonight on the Bill Polian Show...

THIS JUST IN: Jim Irsay will be on the last minute replacement show per "The Fan".

Remember that Irsay tweet about "problems complicated in nature, but solution in the works"?

I believe I now know what that meant :thmup:

Yup. In retrospect, that was quite prophetic. Also the part about it taking time (I'm sure the wheels have been in motion for several weeks now).

Jim Irsay has been in/around football pretty much his entire life and knows a thing or two. Polian's better days had passed him by and clearly, Irsay is looking at the bigger picture. He sure doesn't need any of us out here to guide him on the obvious. There are plenty of folks here that will now jump on this even though they were on the other side of the fence 24 hrs. ago. Already happening. What a joke.

Press conference: "I am excited about our new direction"....then stated he has not contacted anyone about the GM position yet, will happen immediately....But that first statement tells me that he has some things in the works...

I would wager that this was in the works well before we started talking about it at length. He simply allowed the guys to finish the season, instead of making knee-jerk decisions. This is what the off-season is for.

I'm with Doogan; the media had enough to write about with Indy with Peyton's neck and the "Suck for Luck" theory. CUtting a GM and/or HC would just be overwhelming for our team. They had enough distractions throughout the season to deal with, and were just looking to win games. With even more FO activity, we could've easily gone 0-16.

FINALLY! It has been a long time coming. But its finally here and real. Thank you Mr. Irsay or ousting both Polians. Also smart move on letting our new GM picking our new head coach or not whoever the new GM will be. What an relief though that they finally gone. I will opened up some wine and Toast to you Mr. Irsay.

Can;t wait to see who our new GM is in the coming weeks :)

Jim Irsay has been in/around football pretty much his entire life and knows a thing or two. Polian's better days had passed him by and clearly, Irsay is looking at the bigger picture. He sure doesn't need any of us out here to guide him on the obvious. There are plenty of folks here that will now jump on this even though they were on the other side of the fence 24 hrs. ago. Already happening. What a joke.

Are you in a bad mood? It's not like you to trash anyone in the fan base. I'm surprised.

Are you in a bad mood? It's not like you to trash anyone in the fan base. I'm surprised.

Good to see ya, Coltssouth. In a fantastic mood, actually. First time I've come on a little while....all the new things in life in the works plus new house. Had to come on & see what's going on with this big changes in Colt land. It's no secret though, that there are many pro-Colt way supporters here that cheerlead the traditional decision making pretty much up one side and down the other = a biased leaning board. As we can all see, the team owner has moved away from that and what I'm seeing is a few cheerleader type folks here starting to make a gentle shift in opinion/viewpoint. Kinda like a state Senator with an inconsistent voting record -- doesn't hold much water with me. But it's all good, whatever floats an individual's boat. The Irsay moves today were correct though. Just watch.

Good to see ya, Coltssouth. In a fantastic mood, actually. First time I've come on a little while....all the new things in life in the works plus new house. Had to come on & see what's going on with this big changes in Colt land. It's no secret though, that there are many pro-Colt way supporters here that cheerlead the traditional decision making pretty much up one side and down the other = a biased leaning board. As we can all see, the team owner has moved away from that and what I'm seeing is a few cheerleader type folks here starting to make a gentle shift in opinion/viewpoint. Kinda like a state Senator with an inconsistent voting record -- doesn't hold much water with me. But it's all good, whatever floats an individual's boat. The Irsay moves today were correct though. Just watch.

Good to see you too. :)

Guess I'll let it go at that. Just don't know what to say, but welcome back.

I have to admit I had my doubts as to whether Jim Irsay would act, but I have to give him full kudos. This couldn't have been a spur of the moment thing, so I'm confident he's already been working on replacements for both the GM position as well as coaches.

I wonder if Bob Lamey will be singing show tunes tonight on the Bill Polian Show...

THIS JUST IN: Jim Irsay will be on the last minute replacement show per "The Fan".

Not only that, streaming is back!! So we can listen to it outside of Indy! (Que the wizard of oz 'ding dong the witch is dead' music)

Good to see you too. :)

Guess I'll let it go at that. Just don't know what to say, but welcome back.

Well, now maybe folks will be able to look at things honestly from a more functional standpoint and long term vision vs. simply riding status quo and blind support. That's all I'm gettin' at. See with more than just your eyes (meaning anyone). Jim Irsay made this statement himself with his actions today.

I have a ton of respect for him now. I did before but now I'm shocked. I didn't think he had the guts to do it. I also think its cool he called us like shareholders and that he reads forums. Good move Jim major props.

I would wager that this was in the works well before we started talking about it at length. He simply allowed the guys to finish the season, instead of making knee-jerk decisions. This is what the off-season is for.

Well, yeah. If this decision is made one day after the season then it's ridiculously impulsive, of course he's been considering it for a while.

I have a ton of respect for him now. I did before but now I'm shocked. I didn't think he had the guts to do it. I also think its cool he called us like shareholders and that he reads forums. Good move Jim major props.

Exactly.

It takes some brass to make big change, especially when you're invested in people. Not everyone has the mettle or can understand. This is a big deal. Any other executive position in the country where you come in and direct or have an influencing hand in a multi-billion dollar business......there's no difference in NFL GM. Sometimes it's hardest to see that which you are closest to. It's great that Jim Irsay can see.

I didnt think he was trashing anyone, just pointing out how silly the thought is that our opinions here would actually assist the franchise. Frankly, it is extremely silly.

I didnt think he was trashing anyone, just pointing out how silly the thought is that our opinions here would actually assist the franchise. Frankly, it is extremely silly.

Thanks, warhorse. It's the flip-floppers that bother me. If you (meaning anyone) didn't have time to buck the Polian way and obvious shortcomings before you ain't got time to do it now. Coltssouth is great here though.....we see things differently from time to time but it's all good no worries. Part of what makes things go 'round.