Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Parry and Anderson Ready to Anchor the D-line

IndyD4U

Hoping our d line is impressive this season. I'm even getting excited about T.Y McGill. Seahawks fans are ticked off that he got claimed. One fan said Grigson should already get GM of the year for claiming him. Others are saying he will be a star and flashed signs of becoming a dominant gap shooting DT.

I am excited as well about McGill. After we claimed him I went back and watched all of his preseason games and boy does he flash all over the place. He had a heck of a preseason hopefully it carries over with us during the regular season. Nice clips you added as well basically sums up his preseason.

Going back over every one of Parry and Henrys snaps I can honesty say Im concerned. That's not to say they wont improve. Im sure they will but neither player showed good use of pad level very often in the preseason. Neither fired off the snap very quick and showed ability to drive their man more then a yard or two into the backfield without giving that yardage back when they were not doubled.

Both players showed the ability to get off a block somewhat but struggled making the play when it was their to make

We really need them to fire off the snap with bad intentions and to drive their men way into the backfield to create chaos

Going back over every one of Parry and Henrys snaps I can honesty say Im concerned. That's not to say they wont improve. Im sure they will but neither player showed good use of pad level very often in the preseason. Neither fired off the snap very quick and showed ability to drive their man more then a yard or two into the backfield without giving that yardage back when they were not doubled.

Both players showed the ability to get off a block somewhat but struggled making the play when it was their to make

We really need them to fire off the snap with bad intentions and to drive their men way into the backfield to create chaos

hate-to-be-a-debbie-downer-but-thought-y

Going back over every one of Parry and Henrys snaps I can honesty say Im concerned. That's not to say they wont improve. Im sure they will but neither player showed good use of pad level very often in the preseason. Neither fired off the snap very quick and showed ability to drive their man more then a yard or two into the backfield without giving that yardage back when they were not doubled.

Gotta remember they are rookies, they are not gonna be world beaters right off the bat. Definitely not at all this year. And getting a bunch of penatration isn't always what you want either. I'm not expecting anything spectacular from either this year myself. I know they are rookies and still have a fair amount of developing to do as they play before we see what they are really gonna end up amounting to as a player. There are gonna be some growing pains for sure. And then people are gonna flip and call them trash and horrible draft picks and the rest of the nonsense.

Gotta remember they are rookies, they are not gonna be world beaters right off the bat. Definitely not at all this year. And getting a bunch of penatration isn't always what you want either. I'm not expecting anything spectacular from either this year myself. I know they are rookies and still have a fair amount of developing to do as they play before we see what they are really gonna end up amounting to as a player. There are gonna be some growing pains for sure. And then people are gonna flip and call them trash and horrible draft picks and the rest of the nonsense.

Except they're starters with little experience behind them, so the Colts need/expect them to produce big this year.

LastingInsistentAtlanticblackgoby.gif

ResponsibleShadowyEasternglasslizard.gif

CoolMassiveAruanas.gif

DaringGlisteningBovine.gif

SaltyGrayBufflehead.gif

DeficientUnsteadyAtlanticridleyturtle.gi

He's made more preseason plays than Chapman and Hughes combined their whole careers.. look at the Raiders one especially.

He reminds me of Jay Ratliff in his prime, his ability to disrupt down the middle. We need this disruption badly. I am stoked. Thanks for sharing.

I cant wait to see how Anderson and Parry look Sunday and throughout the year. I think we may have hit the jackpot with these 2. We have a lot of young potential on our D-Line. Not only Parry and Anderson, but also Okine, McGill, and Kerr. Between those 5 players I think our D-Line may finally be set for the next few years. I know that's saying a lot for guys who haven't proven much yet, but that's how excited I am about these guys. Cant wait til Sunday.

I can't wait to see how Anderson develops.  During the pre-draft moments when people were doing their mocks, I did some research on him and everything about him screamed JJ Watt-esque to me.  He seems like a hard worker and I think he'll put in the time and effort to develop well, so I'm really excited about his potential.

I agree. All signs point to both of these guys having great "motors" and the right attitude. One huge plus is the guys that they have to draw experience from. It's exciting to have some fresh blood in there instead of the known quantity. Parry is thick, and his low center of gravity will help him get leverage on taller linemen. Good thread!

I cant wait to see how Anderson and Parry look Sunday and throughout the year. I think we may have hit the jackpot with these 2. We have a lot of young potential on our D-Line. Not only Parry and Anderson, but also Okine, McGill, and Kerr. Between those 5 players I think our D-Line may finally be set for the next few years. I know that's saying a lot for guys who haven't proven much yet, but that's how excited I am about these guys. Cant wait til Sunday.

I like that the staff is going in a younger direction. It's good we have veterans in Langford and Jones but we needed young D Lineman to develop.

I can't wait to see how Anderson develops.  During the pre-draft moments when people were doing their mocks, I did some research on him and everything about him screamed JJ Watt-esque to me.  He seems like a hard worker and I think he'll put in the time and effort to develop well, so I'm really excited about his potential.

Of course, except for the athleticism.

So if McGill is such a stud why did he clear waivers past all the teams ahead of us on the list? Not being critical just honest question. I love the youth and athletic movement on our defense....we were the biggest and oldest defense in the league last year (maybe slowest as far as front 7) so if we get to the ball faster and are more attacking that might be a good thing...I look for our defense to play more aggressive this year....press coverage...letting those backers blitz more and DL penetrate more.

I think these young guns on the DL have heaps of potential but yet they are being thrown into a turbulent situation to say the least.  That being said, this is the biggest opportunity of their lives.  Struggles will be expected, but will those struggles be corrected and will they rise to the occasion?  

We will find out soon enough!

GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :unicorn:

Whoops, umm.......

:hulk:

There we go, much better.

So if McGill is such a stud why did he clear waivers past all the teams ahead of us on the list? Not being critical just honest question. I love the youth and athletic movement on our defense....we were the biggest and oldest defense in the league last year (maybe slowest as far as front 7) so if we get to the ball faster and are more attacking that might be a good thing...I look for our defense to play more aggressive this year....press coverage...letting those backers blitz more and DL penetrate more.

You're posing a question that has no answers to be honest.  The only thing we know is what we see on film, and what the Seahawks fans had to say.  There's plenty of stuff that happens in the NFL that doesn't make immediate sense.  Doesn't mean the player is bad or we got fooled somehow.  If he doesn't pan out we aren't losing much of anything anyway.