Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Rams Preseason Game Night Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so it's ok to just play terrible cuause " its just preseason"? 

Pass protection has been pretty good so far tonight so far... but we'll ignore that right. 

To quote you from a previous post

"We get it already" 

Stop shoehorning it into every thread. 

Edit **That will teach me to speak too soon** :P

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Wentz was a reclamation project.  What we saw were the same things that got him run out of Philly.  Frank was a great option to try to get his head back on straight, and expecting him to turn him around in one year isn't realistic.  This was a situation where the owner wasn't feeling it and forced the change.  Now he's sky high on Ryan who has the development and maturity sides down but whose body is on that final countdown to retirement.    This might work  One thing's for sure, the team should be better with Ryan.  Question is how much better.  Are they a playoff team?  I think that's likely.  But is there a championship run window with Ryan?  I'm not sure about that and going to wait and see.  The AFC playoff field is loaded with good young QBs so there's that chance that the Colts are the team hanging on and trying to force a window that isn't there for them.   On the other side I do appreciate having a pro QB who has all those basics covered.  I just hope he's got the juice to sustain a few years of high end play to keep this team in it.  This isn't about throwing the ball on first and second down with play action, as even backups can do that.  It's about nailing those field stretchers like deep outs or nines on critical throwing downs to keep teams honest vs Taylor and that run game.  I'm hopeful but there are times where I think Irsay is feeling his mortality and maybe throwing his weight around more than is healthy for a top organization.
    • Critical thinking is not complaining. Others have made similar assessments from the highlight video, so you are not alone.   Winning those catches and routes in college is very different than the NFL (especially when you play in the American Athletic Conference).     JJ Arcega-Whiteside (who was also a late 2nd round pick) was dominant at winning those go routes and contested catches. He can't even get on the field now.   Not that Pierce will struggle like JJAWS, just that his current skillset will need to evolve. Have to be able to get open.   As for his upside, Pierce's college production has historically translated to more of a floor type of player.    Lots of good WRs went before the Colts pick, unfortunately. I really liked Watson and would have loved to see them draft Wandale, but that's not their style for the WR position.   IMO, I think the Colts are going after H/W/S guys (can't teach height and speed) at WR and TE...and then having a pro like Reggie teach them how to run routes (theoretically possible to do). Hopefully it works.
  • Members

• GoColts8818

GoColts8818 8,999

• Chucklez

Chucklez 592

• Larry Horseman

Larry Horseman 22

• JediXMan

JediXMan 2,861

• johnmart2k

johnmart2k 0

Rookie