Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Rams Preseason Game Night Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Because Kirk Cousins and Carson Wentz are both 'sometimes' good
    • Terron Armstead Christian Kirk Mike Gesicki Chandler Jones DJ Chark Marcus Williams   Cut Wentz. Make a huge trade for Russell Wilson.
    • Stafford wasn't going to ever happen, I agree I'm completely happy we didn't sign Darnold or Bridgewater, I've never liked either of them.   As for rookies, Herbert was the guy I was huge on in the '20 class but I don't think we would have ever had to enough to jump in front for him, and Philip was already on the team   There was nobody in the '21 class that I thought was worth trading up for besides Lawrence, and that was impossible as is..   '22 class isn't spectacular by any means, still going to do a scouting review on that position   Either cut bait with Wentz and go for Aaron or Russell; which is unlikely, or -unfortunately- keep him for a year and cut bait afterwards
    • Yeah OT and CB are two positions where there have to be certain physical traits a player has to have for Ballard. We only have to wait about a week though because we’ll get measurements at the Senior Bowl.     On a side note, start that QB topic up because I have some things I’d like to add in lol.
    • Thanks.  Appreciate the clarification.   As to the presser, I did.   Twice.   I try not to confuse that he’s clearly not happy with Wentz with anything else.  But Ballard also said KC did a profile on Wentz coming out of college and the Chiefs were very high on him then.     I don’t know how sold Ballard was on Wentz in February of 22, but I believe that Ballard thought he was the best option at a reasonable price.     Stafford was way too expensive (cost of trade in picks).   Other options like Darnold and Bridgewater weren’t good enough.  Then factor in that Reich knew him and thought he could fix him, and soon we had a deal.    Personally, if we’re going to miss on a QB, I’d rather miss having traded a 1 and a 3, than having traded two 1’s and two 3’s or MORE for a rookie with a high chance of failing.    I’m now open to all possibilities.   Right now, I’d say it’s roughly 50/50. 
  • Members

• indykmj

indykmj 107

• MikeCurtis

MikeCurtis 2,872

• throwing BBZ

throwing BBZ 1,815

• Dark Superman

Dark Superman 1,299

• J@son

J@son 1,389

• CurBeatElite