Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady: Peyton Has 2 Years Left

Andrew Luck's Beard

Individually Brady is more accomplished that those mentioned in your post....Way more accomplished actually, I mean we can bring the SB debate into it but that's a team accomplishment and I don't think should have ANY place in evaluating how good a QB is/was.....A Qb can literally throw for 400 yards, a couple td's and still lose in the SB. Should he have thrown more? No......his team should have showed up

Kurt Warner threw for 377 yards 3 td's only 1 int vs Pitssburgh and his Cardinals still lost in a SB a few years back

Regardless, Realistically Brady is not the most accomplished QB in the SB era

So you are putting Warner ahead of Brady as most accomplished? You do realize Brady holds all the SB records and has won 4 titles including beating Warner in SB 36??

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you are putting Warner ahead of Brady as most accomplished? You do realize Brady holds all the SB records and has won 4 titles including beating Warner in SB 36??

What does Kurt Warner have to do with anything? He is 21,000 yards behind Brady in passing yards and 184 passing td behind Brady.  Also Warner averaged only 2,696 passing yards a season to Bradys 3,550, I was using Kurt Warner to illustrate my point

What does Kurt Warner have to do with anything? He is 21,000 yards behind Brady in passing yards and 184 passing td behind Brady.  Also Warner averaged only 2,696 passing yards a season to Bradys 3,550, I was using Kurt Warner to illustrate my point

To follow up on my post before I apparently timed out:

What does Kurt Warner have to do with anything? He is 21,000 yards behind Brady in passing yards and 184 passing td behind Brady.  Also Warner averaged only 2,696 passing yards a season to Bradys 3,550, I was using Kurt Warner to illustrate my point......Also P Manning has averaged 283.3 yards passing per game in the playoffs...Brady 253.2.......Brady has 5 more playoff games under his belt (29 to 24).....1.58 td passes a game for Manning to Bradys 1.82 in the playoffs...Basically 2 for both

There is a wide margin between the 2 in ints in the playoffs given Manning has 5 less games then Brady.....26 Manning 24 Brady

How was it not? He's talking about the end of a man's career behind his back, and comparing it to himself and how great he is.

He is tearing down manning in the se sentence he's building himself up.

If you said the same thing about a co-worker, it would be considered an insult and a personal attack, not a joke.

If he hadn't said he was friends with manning, this wouldn't be as much of an issue. If it's a joke, you don't joke behind the person's back to other people, making fun of them.

I joke to my friends faces, not behind their back. Idk about some of you.

Saying that Peyton has 2 years left is not a shot. At all.

To follow up on my post before I apparently timed out:

What does Kurt Warner have to do with anything? He is 21,000 yards behind Brady in passing yards and 184 passing td behind Brady.  Also Warner averaged only 2,696 passing yards a season to Bradys 3,550, I was using Kurt Warner to illustrate my point......Also P Manning has averaged 283.3 yards passing per game in the playoffs...Brady 253.2.......Brady has 5 more playoff games under his belt (29 to 24).....1.58 td passes a game for Manning to Bradys 1.82 in the playoffs...Basically 2 for both

There is a wide margin between the 2 in ints in the playoffs given Manning has 5 less games then Brady.....26 Manning 24 Brady

You totally lost me. What point was Warner illustrating?

I have never gotten this take on Brady. He has always appeared humble and gracious away from the field.

I didn't see it like that.  He had that one situation where he and Bill O'Brien yelled at each other (granted, that happens more often than people think and it's not as big a deal).  There was the situation before Super Bowl 42 where he laughed at Plaxico's prediction of them scoring 17 points and said "we're only gonna score 17 points? haha", then proceeded to score 14.  He's always had a sense of arrogance about him, in my opinion.  This situation just reinforces it

I didn't see it like that.  He had that one situation where he and Bill O'Brien yelled at each other (granted, that happens more often than people think and it's not as big a deal).  There was the situation before Super Bowl 42 where he laughed at Plaxico's prediction of them scoring 17 points and said "we're only gonna score 17 points? haha", then proceeded to score 14.  He's always had a sense of arrogance about him, in my opinion.  This situation just reinforces it

to me seeing Brady being arrogant is about as shocking as seeing that someone thinks Manning might only two more years.

I can't wait for the season to start and the daytime drama (soap opera) that is the NFL offseason is behind us. I feel like everyday a thread is started by some woman on one of those Housewive's of Atlanta/New York/Orange Co. shows or whatever that my wife watches that like to start drama and make something out of nothing. This and many other threads including the deflate-gate one sound like all those spoiled bratty women yapping at each other it gives me a headache. Thankfully we have some great women on this board to get us back on track when the estrogen levels in us guys get too high. I love this board during the season because of the vast knowledge that is pass back and forth about the games and the performances etc...but during the offseason...its almost a chore to click on yet another thread and listen to the whining going on. I'm as big a fan of Peyton as you will find...and of course I was upset at the gall of people within the New England organization for some of the actions that have happened but I'm not so hyper sensative that a simple remark needs to be characterized as a personal attack or that one of the most accomplished/successful and greatest QB I've ever witnessed is somehow less great because the balls he used were slightly under inflated in some games. All this * business and trying to diminish the guy is just sour sour grapes and a lot of people just need to grow up. You don't get where he has and accomplish all he has by not being an all time great qb and a very hard worker. I believe he has made some mistakes (i know i have) and he may not always come off in the best light but we have all said or acted in ways in the past that aren't perfect. The worst thing that I see that this guy has done was play for the wrong team...because if he was a Colt he would be celebrated. We all may not be blinded from the truth on some things he has done but we would still support the guy. I know he isn't liked around here...I get that but he isn't Satan...he didn't steal your girlfriend or kick your dog. He just beats the pants off our team almost every time he plays us....I don't think he deserves the villian card many seem to want to paint him as.

you said Tom Brady was the most accomplished QB of the SB era (The Warner illustration was to NCF to illustrate that a QB can have great numbers but he still needs the team around him to step up at least in big moments or just like Warner with the Cardinals vs Pitt they will lose).....He really isn't I don't think

He was saying you can play great in a SB and still lose....simple as that. It takes more than qb play to win it all. It usually takes the whole team playing well or doing their job to accomplish such a goal. IE when Butler intercepts that pass saving the game for the Tom. Tom did his job and put his team in position to win but it still took others doing their job or making the most of a moment to win a SB. Many QBs such as Kurt and others have put their teams in position to win including Tom in both his SB losses but it still comes down to a team game. Peyton others have seen themselves defeated after playing well or doing their job to win. Tom is a huge part of those SB teams...they couldn't have won them without him...but yet they didn't win them simply because of him either.

dear god is that really what you took from Gavin's post? LOL

He was saying you can play great in a SB and still lose....simple as that. It takes more than qb play to win it all. It usually takes the whole team playing well or doing their job to accomplish such a goal. IE when Butler intercepts that pass saving the game for the Tom. Tom did his job and put his team in position to win but it still took others doing their job or making the most of a moment to win a SB. Many QBs such as Kurt and others have put their teams in position to win including Tom in both his SB losses but it still comes down to a team game. Peyton others have seen themselves defeated after playing well or doing their job to win. Tom is a huge part of those SB teams...they couldn't have won them without him...but yet they didn't win them simply because of him either.

Thanks for the explanation. I got it now. I was not saying Brady was the most accomplished solely because of his SB wins which is the point NFC was getting at when be brought up Bradshaw and Montana although all four wins of Brady were either GWDs or 4th quarter comebacks by him so for sure a factor but he is also the post-season leader in all the major passing categories as well as the Super Bowl leader in major passing categories to go along with his regular stats (top 5 or better in all major categories). His resume is simply air tight all around in terms of being the most accomplished.

I didn't see it like that. He had that one situation where he and Bill O'Brien yelled at each other (granted, that happens more often than people think and it's not as big a deal). There was the situation before Super Bowl 42 where he laughed at Plaxico's prediction of them scoring 17 points and said "we're only gonna score 17 points? haha", then proceeded to score 14. He's always had a sense of arrogance about him, in my opinion. This situation just reinforces it

What you fail to grasp is that Brady said that because just a few short weeks prior, the Patriots had put up what, 38 points , on the Giants? That's why he said it.

I saw that the other way......very arrogant on Bill O'Brien's part. Considering Brady's resume he doesn't need to be yelled at like a high school kid. I was impressed Brady took it as long as he did before firing back. Not that it was a big deal.

I wonder if you find the infamous Manning/Saturday yelling match as arrogant on Manning's part?

I saw that the other way......very arrogant on Bill O'Brien's part. Considering Brady's resume he doesn't need to be yelled at like a high school kid. I was impressed Brady took it as long as he did before firing back. Not that it was a big deal.

I wonder if you find the infamous Manning/Saturday yelling match as arrogant on Manning's part?

Yeah, I've seen it.  And I believe it's in that clip that they say it happens in most games, so I don't think that's a huge deal.  Plus, that's players yelling at players.  I'm never a fan of a player yelling at a coach.

What you fail to grasp is that Brady said that because just a few short weeks prior, the Patriots had put up what, 38 points , on the Giants? That's why he said it.

It still came across as highly arrogant and Brady ended up looking really stupid (in what has turned out to be one out of many instances) when he couldn't even match the prediction he laughed at

Yeah, I've seen it.  And I believe it's in that clip that they say it happens in most games, so I don't think that's a huge deal.  Plus, that's players yelling at players.  I'm never a fan of a player yelling at a coach.

It still came across as highly arrogant and Brady ended up looking really stupid (in what has turned out to be one out of many instances) when he couldn't even match the prediction he laughed at

For every not so great moment of Brady's if you even you can even categorize these that way given one was during the heat of a game as you say and another a pregame comment, I can think of so many where he has been gracious and humble. In fact, in just this past Super Bowl, when he was up at the podium and received the trophy he credited Butler publicly in front of the whole stadium with making a great play for a rookie to help them win the game and this was after Brady was named MVP. He then gave his MVP truck to Butler after the game. And then when Sherman came over to shake his hand at the end of the game, Brady got up from kneeling to run down the clock, shook his head and called him a great player. And then post game when the NFL Network crew asked about his career and if he is the greatest QB, he said that he is a blessed man to have been a part of so many great teams in NE throughout his career.

For every not so great moment of Brady's if you even you can even categorize these that way given one was during the heat of a game as you say and another a pregame comment, I can think of so many where he has been gracious and humble. In fact, in just this past Super Bowl, when he was up at the podium and received the trophy he credited Butler publicly in front of the whole stadium with making a great play for a rookie to help them win the game and this was after Brady was named MVP. He then gave his MVP truck to Butler after the game. And then when Sherman came over to shake his hand at the end of the game, Brady got up from kneeling to run down the clock, shook his head and called him a great player. And then post game when the NFL Network crew asked about his career and if he is the greatest QB, he said that he is a blessed man to have been a part of so many great teams in NE throughout his career.

At times, he's shown some superficial kindness.  But this process has really shown how big a jerk he is/can be

Tom Brady probably doenst have 7 years................he probably has 6 years and 12 games

..and Peyton signed for five years and this is year 4.......Since he was a Pro Bowler in 2014, he probably should play out his deal

I think Brady may be wrong on both counts.   He doesn't have 7 and Peyton probably doesn't have two.  

Peyton probably should have retired this year.  

Thanks for the explanation. I got it now. I was not saying Brady was the most accomplished solely because of his SB wins which is the point NFC was getting at when be brought up Bradshaw and Montana although all four wins of Brady were either GWDs or 4th quarter comebacks by him so for sure a factor but he is also the post-season leader in all the major passing categories as well as the Super Bowl leader in major passing categories to go along with his regular stats (top 5 or better in all major categories). His resume is simply air tight all around in terms of being the most accomplished.

In my opinion Tom Brady and Joe Montana have made the most of their chances in the playoffs. They typically play at an elite level at the biggest moments. However, I wouldn't consider either the best qb of all time in my humble opinion. They have both benefited from INCREDIBLE teams. Tom specifically in his early years when they went back to back and in 07...those were loaded teams. Joe was on many many loaded teams as well. The 49ers were stacked too. I look at guys like Dan Marino and Johnny Unitas and certainly to some extent Peyton that either played in a different era or played on lesser teams that when they got to the playoffs that they had the whole game plan thrust on their shoulders. Certainly Tom and Joe both have that killer instinct..that cool, calm and collected persona but there have been a LOT of great qbs that just couldn't get to that stage or as often because they didn't have the teams to help them or to share the load. I will say that I very well see why you feel that way about Tom and I'm not going to take that away. I just try to look objectively at what surrounded some other guys and given what they had sometimes just winning a playoff game or getting there is just as much as an accomplishment as making it to the AFC title game or SB...because they had to scratch, claw, and carry a wounded or lackluster team through 16 game season. That means a lot to me. I don't discount the regular season just because someone fails in the post-season. To be fair what I think puts Tom ahead of Joe ironically could be his regular season numbers not so much his post-season ones....and its funny because we often hear people dismiss Peyton because his regular season numbers are what puts him in such a loftey category as well. All said people think what they think...Tom is certainly on a short list of all time great qbs...that ISN'T debatable.

What a jerk for defending his innocence ! Whoa!

Good thing you aren't involved in the judicial system .

Innocent people don't smash their cell phone. At the very least he's a liar saying it's regular practice when he didn't smash the last one he had

Tom Brady probably doenst have 7 years................he probably has 6 years and 12 games

..and Peyton signed for five years and this is year 4.......Since he was a Pro Bowler in 2014, he probably should play out his deal

I can't believe that he's been on the Broncos almost four years.  Wow.  Time flies.  

At times, he's shown some superficial kindness.  But this process has really shown how big a jerk he is/can be

Honestly....I consider myself a man of character and morals but I wouldn't want to live my life under a microscope like Tom has. I see very few moments where he may cross a line or get carried away etc. Anything on the football field is hard to characterize when people have so much passion and play with such heart and emotion to really judge a person by. If you want to judge him off the very very very very limited scope of what you get to witness and not from all the time he is alone with his friends and family etc...I wouldn't want to be held to such a measure and I'm sure you probably wouldn't either. I don't understand where people feel the need to make personal attacks on a person when they know like less than 1% about the person. It would be like me trying to judge you from just your posts on the internet....totally unfair. I may not like everything Tom has said or done (especially related to the deflate thing) but I don't feel like its fair to judge him as a person when I know very little about the guy. I certainly thought higher of him before it...but I don't pretend to know the man or make a judgement about his whole life based off this or a few other incidents.

I can't believe that he's been on the Broncos almost four years.  Wow.  Time flies.  

Yep...and if the Hall of Fame does to him like they did with Junior they will have his picture with a Broncos uniform on like they did with Junior with a Patriot one.

Sounds like a jerk

What a jerk for defending his innocence ! Whoa!

Good thing you aren't involved in the judicial system .

haha His "innocence"....whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess.

Honestly....I consider myself a man of character and morals but I wouldn't want to live my life under a microscope like Tom has. I see very few moments where he may cross a line or get carried away etc. Anything on the football field is hard to characterize when people have so much passion and play with such heart and emotion to really judge a person by. If you want to judge him off the very very very very limited scope of what you get to witness and not from all the time he is alone with his friends and family etc...I wouldn't want to be held to such a measure and I'm sure you probably wouldn't either. I don't understand where people feel the need to make personal attacks on a person when they know like less than 1% about the person. It would be like me trying to judge you from just your posts on the internet....totally unfair. I may not like everything Tom has said or done (especially related to the deflate thing) but I don't feel like its fair to judge him as a person when I know very little about the guy. I certainly thought higher of him before it...but I don't pretend to know the man or make a judgement about his whole life based off this or a few other incidents.

Very well stated!  I agree with you to a large degree.  I don't know everything about Brady and his personal life, but my comments stem from my observations and the things I see.  I try not to make baseless claims, but when I see a small glimpse into his personal life, that acts as some evidence of what I say.  Of course, it's all opinion.

Yep...and if the Hall of Fame does to him like they did with Junior they will have his picture with a Broncos uniform on like they did with Junior with a Patriot one.

I suspect that they will.  

The issue that I have with that is that the city of Indy still loves him.  Many in the city of Denver was ready to let him go after the playoff game (according to forums).  Also, as it stands thus far, Peyton took Indy farther than he took Denver.  I'm not just talking about the SB win.  I mean that he probably kept the team in Indy by playing an enormous part in Indy's winning record and so many playoff appearances. They had done ok here and there with Harbaugh but Peyton took them further.  

Innocent people don't smash their cell phone. At the very least he's a liar saying it's regular practice when he didn't smash the last one he had

Wells told him that he didn't need his phone .

The CBA says nothing about consequences for breaking personal phones.

Not only that, most people break their old phones upon purchasing a new one . That's all Brady did.

haha His "innocence"....whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess.

Very well stated! I agree with you to a large degree. I don't know everything about Brady and his personal life, but my comments stem from my observations and the things I see. I try not to make baseless claims, but when I see a small glimpse into his personal life, that acts as some evidence of what I say. Of course, it's all opinion.

Sounds like a strong case of observation bias. It's completely natural, tbh.

Not only that, most people break their old phones upon purchasing a new one . That's all Brady did.

Source... ? I never broke my phone. Nor my wife, my daughter , son, my daughter in law , my sister , brother , his 4 kids , 3 great grand kids and my sister's daughter.

That's 0-15 on the people I just checked. Do you really have proof that "most people smash phones to smithereens " when they get a new one.

Me thinks this is maybe just another thing you pull from your coulee and try to slip by people ?

Source... ? I never broke my phone. Nor my wife, my daughter , son, my daughter in law , my sister , brother , his 4 kids , 3 great grand kids and my sister's daughter.

That's 0-15 on the people I just checked. Do you really have proof that "most people smash phones to smithereens " when they get a new one.

Me thinks this is maybe just another thing you pull from your coulee and try to slip by people ?

Oh, right, people just keep their phones. Please. It's well-known that many people break their phones .

Brady had on his phone numbers of celebrities, politicians, etc. of course he would take every measure to make sure that no one else could possibly access that phone.

I have never destroyed my phone, but if I had Brady's celebrity I would smash, set on fire and bury it.

Very well stated!  I agree with you to a large degree.  I don't know everything about Brady and his personal life, but my comments stem from my observations and the things I see.  I try not to make baseless claims, but when I see a small glimpse into his personal life, that acts as some evidence of what I say.  Of course, it's all opinion.

It is a shame that a portion of Brady's personal life is on display for everyone to see but at least this glimpse is more flattering.

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/emails-between-tom-brady-and-ex-expose-how-they-126106801202.html

When did I ever say it was against the cba to break a phone. I said innocent people don't break their phone. And no, most people don't break their phone including Brady as normal practice