Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our offense will be ridiculous

RockThatBlue

I've been thinking about it more and more... I gotta stop! It can't afford replacing all these clothes because of all the DROOL STAINS ( haha, bad joke but you get the point)

Just fix up that OL and good luck and good night...

Truth, the QB and receivers are unreal. If we can somehow control the trenches with the guys we've got we're pretty much gonna be unstoppable.

I didn't read through every post here but, I remember at the beginning of the season last year our offense ALWAYS won the time of possession battle and by a large margin. It got worse later in the year if I recall correctly.

On paper, this team looks like a team that can get up by 3 possesions and just run it out for the rest of the game. We have the RBs to move the chains! Vinatieri is gonna be a HUGE asset for keeping teams from making their comebacks while we are in "run mode".

If all goes well for the offense... Pep is as good as gone. I can't see him NOT getting a HC job after handling the talent he has now.

Don't get too excited. A well thoughtout strategy of lots of holding and contact more than 5 yards downfield can neutralize any amount of speed. Don't kid yourself, it has happened plenty of times in the past. Remember last years Detroit/Dallas playoff game? key moment of the game,blatant defensive holding/pass interference, refs did their job though, they looked the other way. Integrity?

Good Luck drawing up a defense to stop two speedsters in TY and Dorsett. Not to mention big targets in Andre Johnson and of course Fleener and Allen should continue to grow and have big years.

Then there's the fact that our run game should be a lot better than last year with Gore.

That's just ridiculous. Good luck stopping that offense. I almost feel bad for DCs who have to game plan against that. What a nightmare.

I appreciate all the weapons the Colts have given Andrew Luck.

But the ceiling for our offense -- how good can this offense really be -- will not be determined by Luck or the weapons.

It will be determined by the quality of play from our offensive line.    If the line is good,  our offense will be great.   If our line continues to struggle,  our offense will be good,  but probably not as good as it's capable of being......

Keep your eyes on the o-line.    That's where the bottom line resides for the Colts offense.....

I have no idea why everyone just assume dorsett is gonna be on the field as much. Remember he's still going to be behind Johnson, and Moncrief. Remember him? Donte Moncrief? I'm more worried about our D.

Yes ahead of Moncrief... Dorsett is already a more polished receiver than Moncrief is right now. Dorsett has 3 months to learn the playbook, which is plenty of time for a WR. There is a reason Dorsett was taken in the 1st and Moncrief in the 3rd. Moncrief better step his game up starting right now, or better yet 2 weeks ago..

I appreciate all the weapons the Colts have given Andrew Luck.

But the ceiling for our offense -- how good can this offense really be -- will not be determined by Luck or the weapons.

It will be determined by the quality of play from our offensive line.    If the line is good,  our offense will be great.   If our line continues to struggle,  our offense will be good,  but probably not as good as it's capable of being......

Keep your eyes on the o-line.    That's where the bottom line resides for the Colts offense.....

:applause: Excellent post. We are doing for Luck as we had for Manning. Alot of offensive numbers

without much to show for in the playoffs. Luck and company still may be able to squeek

out a title with this 'more weapons is better' philosophy, but title winning teams control

the line of schrimmage.

Honestly it all depends on our O line. If it's bad this offense is average, if its average this offense is explosive, if its above average this offense is elite.

Yes, people seem to forget that the skill positions depend on success in the trenches.

One thing based on what we have on paper is that we don't seem to be trying to play copycat with other teams in the league. The FO and Pep seem to have a vision of giving this offense an edge over other teams in the league. When healthy this offense is not quite like anything else out there. We have so much balance and big play potential.

Good Luck drawing up a defense to stop two speedsters in TY and Dorsett. Not to mention big targets in Andre Johnson and of course Fleener and Allen should continue to grow and have big years.

Then there's the fact that our run game should be a lot better than last year with Gore.

That's just ridiculous. Good luck stopping that offense. I almost feel bad for DCs who have to game plan against that. What a nightmare.

We've said this before several times....even last year...and the Pats still smoked us holding us to 7 points.....I will wait to see the finished project on the field before I go too crazy....a couple injuries (which always happen) here or there will change things drastically.

We've said this before several times....even last year...and the Pats still smoked us holding us to 7 points.....I will wait to see the finished project on the field before I go too crazy....a couple injuries (which always happen) here or there will change things drastically.

Which was why the Dorsett pick wasn't bad. Remember, it wasn't too long ago that Luck was having to to the likes of Brazil, Whalen and Rogers in a playoff game because of some injuries and poor play. No one likes to think that way but it's just a reality of the game. People get hurt and underperform so you want to have someone waiting in the wings if need be.

anyone else feel pretty good about the dorsett pick?  I feel like our defense has always played better when we are ahead. 

Most do...its harder to stay committed to the run when your behind and the defense gets to pin their ears back and rush. Best defense is a good ball control strong offense. But we have to be able to hold our own against teams and get off the field and get the ball back for the offense sometimes too. I think we can do that. A lot of our problems I think are less player issues and more scheme against certain teams.

Which was why the Dorsett pick wasn't bad. Remember, it wasn't too long ago that Luck was having to to the likes of Brazil, Whalen and Rogers in a playoff game because of some injuries and poor play. No one likes to think that way but it's just a reality of the game. People get hurt and underperform so you want to have someone waiting in the wings if need be.

I agree...Grigson is building this team not just for this year but next and beyond. AJ is a short term fix...we have free agency for TY and our TEs not everyone is going to be here in the next few years. Dorsett and Moncrief and TY should be our nucleus for a long time hopefully...and gives us flexibility if negotiations go wrong with our TEs or TY. I don't mind the pick at all. I think he will be a special player.