Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Collins to meet with the Colts!

La'el Collins scheduled to meet with Falcons & Colts

— Patrick Conn (@DraftCowboys)

May 7, 2015

The #Cowboys signed undrafted rookie free-agent OL La'el Collins out of LSU, per @NFLCharean

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_RealUpdates)

May 7, 2015

Cowboys have signed La'el Collins, according to a source.

— Charean Williams (@NFLCharean)

May 7, 2015

that died quickly

He's been meeting with just about everybody.  Not a surprise, though.  I'm sure all 32 teams would love to add a first round talent as a UDFA.  Andrew Luck is certainly a magnet for free agents, as both Andre Johnson and Frank Gore said he was a big factor in their decision to sign with Indy.  Hopefully we could sign him; I think we could plug him in as a day 1 starter at RT and make Cherilus a June 1 cut

Makes sense. Cowboys don't have OL needs but no one is going to pass on a first round caliber player as an UDFA.

I wonder what made him choose them though? He'd have a better chance to start with the Colts tbh. I wonder if they'd be interested in trading that OL Chaz Greene that they drafted since they have Collins now.

I read today that Good did not allow a single sack at the powerhouse known as Mars Hill.  We have a Mars Hill right off of 465 here.   :)

I have to go back and check.  I think Mars Hill is in the Carolinas(the one he went to),  I remember a couple of my buddies coming up in high school in Georgia went to Mars Hill to play football right after high school.   I'm excited to see what the guy looks like on the Pro Level.  I think he's going to be a sleeper who surprises

Our O-line will probably determine if we win a Super Bowl this upcoming season IMO. If we can run the football effectively against good teams and pass protect long enough to give Luck time consistently I think we will win between 13 and 16 games and get a ring. If it's basically like last year or just a hair better, we're a 10 - 12 win team that can't beat the Patriots.

I read today that Good did not allow a single sack at the powerhouse known as Mars Hill.  We have a Mars Hill right off of 465 here.   :)

As far as I'm concerned,  Goode didn't go to Mars Hill.     Nope.

He went to the University of Mars.   That's my story and I'm sticking to it, so help me Otis Sistrunk!    :thmup: 

Also was my first cousin that the Colts sent to scout him. So if he's bad you can blame me.

I have to go back and check. I think Mars Hill is in the Carolinas(the one he went to), I remember a couple of my buddies coming up in high school in Georgia went to Mars Hill to play football right after high school. I'm excited to see what the guy looks like on the Pro Level. I think he's going to be a sleeper who surprises

Yeah it's up in the mountains in North Carolina. My brother went there, it's a nice school. Excited for this kid!

Makes sense. Cowboys don't have OL needs but no one is going to pass on a first round caliber player as an UDFA.

I wonder what made him choose them though? He'd have a better chance to start with the Colts tbh. I wonder if they'd be interested in trading that OL Chaz Greene that they drafted since they have Collins now.

They have a need at RT. Doug Free is decent, but not many yrs left.

As far as I'm concerned,  Goode didn't go to Mars Hill.     Nope.

He went to the University of Mars.   That's my story and I'm sticking to it, so help me Otis Sistrunk!    :thmup:

My man Otis!  One of my favs. growing up.  One of the main reasons...other than Deacon, that the head slap became a penalty...:)

I would have liked if you said "The Mad Stork' too :)

I have to go back and check.  I think Mars Hill is in the Carolinas(the one he went to),  I remember a couple of my buddies coming up in high school in Georgia went to Mars Hill to play football right after high school.   I'm excited to see what the guy looks like on the Pro Level.  I think he's going to be a sleeper who surprises

I hope he does.  There are some tackles and guards that can be had late.  And of course Indy's center Jeff Saturday was a UFA!