Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dwayne Allen works out on his own, leaves to AZ

TKnight24

Dwayne Allen got permission from #Colts to train in Arizona with his own trainer as he heads into a contract year. Talks to be after season

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)

April 20, 2015

There is some ceremony in the 1st day of offseason conditioning. #Colts TE Dwayne Allen showed up with his teammates. Now heads back to AZ.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)

April 20, 2015

Bruce Arians better not be trying to recruit him to AZ while he's out there! :Gaah:

Yeah, but this is new for Allen. Hope it's no bad blood between him and the front office. Allen usually is always at the team things

Let's end this right now: If there was bad blood he wouldn't have asked for permission or showed up for the first day. 

Let's end this right now: If there was bad blood he wouldn't have asked for permission or showed up for the first day. 

I mean i get that, just weird to me. If it was Landry, I'd expect it. Not from Allen

But hey, at least he's not like A. Brown and holding out haha

Agreed, Dustin! You never know "why" certain aspects like this could be tied into reasoning that's none of our business, i.e. personal, health of himself or family, etc. etc. etc. When I say "none of our business", non-public issues that are best left alone for whatever reason(s).

If it had been a crappy player the tone of this thread would be different.....

But it's not. It's a player that is widely regarded as intelligent and extremeley hard working. Plus, he showed up the first day and asked for permission, rather than not show. I have little doubt that whatever DA is doing in AZ, he believes it's in his best interest as a football player and that's good enough for me.

So, what was the goal of your comment? Just trolling?

Dwayne Allen has been dealing with injury issues the past two seasons.

As Colts fans we are well aware of the unusually high amount of injuries, and some have pointed towards the strength and conditioning program as a possible cause. He may be trying to take his strength and conditioning into his own hands in an attempt to get his body right and avoid injuries.

But it's not. It's a player that is widely regarded as intelligent and extremeley hard working. Plus, he showed up the first day and asked for permission, rather than not show. I have little doubt that whatever DA is doing in AZ, he believes it's in his best interest as a football player and that's good enough for me.

Plus, this is conditioning not practice. These guys are pros, they can work out without having teammates rooting them on.

Just pointing out our collective ability regarding the use of double standards. No big deal, but I clearly touched a nerve.