Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ajayi's knee a huge concern. Could tank his draft stock.

He isn't on my top 5 at the position, He is solid but I'd take 4-5 Backs before him

Ummmm....    I'm going to attempt to be gentle here....

But you recently posted your top-5 or so RB's......   

Wow,  that was an embarrassing post.    And it was punctuated by saying that the two guys you like who are viewed as roughly 5th or 6th or 7th rounders could gain 1500 yards if they had the right OL.   :facepalm:

I'm not sure if you realize how many yards 1500 is and how few RB's have actually done that.

It would've been crazy if you had said 1200.    1000 would've gotten the message across,  but 1500?    Wow, that was painful...

He isn't on my top 5 at the position, He is solid but I'd take 4-5 Backs before him

Wow,  that was an embarrassing post.    And it was punctuated by saying that the two guys you like who are viewed as roughly 5th or 6th or 7th rounders could gain 1500 yards if they had the right OL.   :facepalm:

I'm not sure if you realize how many yards 1500 is and how few RB's have actually done that.

It would've been crazy if you had said 1200.    1000 would've gotten the message across,  but 1500?    Wow, that was painful...

who were his top 5 runningbacks? 

As for Ajayi,  I hope this story is a smokescreen that can come out during the run-up to the draft.....  

Lots of RB's have knee issues....  seems odd to be talking about going from a 2nd round pick to being undraftable....

We have extra picks...   if somehow this guy is still available in the 6th round and we don't use a 6 on him,  then there must be something seriously wrong with that knee.    Like amputation-level seriously wrong.

If he just needs a year to rehab and redshirt,  then you grab him and do that!  

Strange story......    I hope it's not true....

Total yards, receiving and running

Three very good guys (Gurley/Gordon and someone else I can't remember) and then 4 was Crocket and 5 was some tiny little scat-back from Oregon state who is about 5'6" and 170 pounds.

That was a real :facepalm:  moment......

Im sorry Im capable doing my own research and watching tape on my own and forming my own opinions on a prospect rather then just spewing out "experts" opinions......Oh wait......Im not. Maybe before you bash others opinions learn to form your own

As for Ajayi,  I hope this story is a smokescreen that can come out during the run-up to the draft.....  

Lots of RB's have knee issues....  seems odd to be talking about going from a 2nd round pick to being undraftable....

We have extra picks...   if somehow this guy is still available in the 6th round and we don't use a 6 on him,  then there must be something seriously wrong with that knee.    Like amputation-level seriously wrong.

If he just needs a year to rehab and redshirt,  then you grab him and do that!  

Strange story......    I hope it's not true....

I don't see how it could be that huge.  He's been playing on the thing since 2011.

Sounds like a smokescreen. Really ridiculous info comes out the closer you get

to the draft every year.  We'll see

Im sorry I capable doing my on research and watching tape on my own and forming my own opinions on a prospect rather then spewing others opinions......Oh wait......Im not.

So your top 5 is Gurley, Gordon, Duke, Crockett and who? 

This is a joke right? He will not make it past the 3rd round. Obviously it's not holding him back too much as he had his best production after the injury.

Also Marcus Lattimore was drafted in the 4th after his horrific knee injury. Not a completely fair comparison but it is an interesting point.

Im sorry Im capable doing my own research and watching tape on my own and forming my own opinions on a prospect rather then just spewing out "experts" opinions......Oh wait......Im not. Maybe before you bash others opinions learn to form your own

I have my own opinions........

But come on....    the tiny guy from Oregon State?   

And he's your 5th or 6th best back in one of the deepest and best drafts in recent history?

It'd be a silly pick in the worst year ever for RB's.

I'm not saying he's not going to make a roster.....    but your 5th/6th favorite back?  

When you do things like this,  it just hurts your credibility.

You could simply call him your favorite deep sleeper.     But instead you vault him over dozens of other backs who are far, far more highly rated.

Put another way,  how many backs in the history of the NFL are sub 5'6" and 170?    Any?

Put a 3rd way....   it's OK to like him,  but I care that you like him beyond most every other RB in a very, very strong RB class.     I just don't think that's logical or credible....

He's bounced back fine from his knee injuries. I'm trying to find exactly what he had, and I only see reports of an ACL tear in 2011. There's general rumors of cartilage injuries also, which are more concerning long term. 

If he's healthy and ready to roll now, then he won't fall past the third, IMO. You generally wouldn't expect a mid round back to get a second contract from the drafting team anyways, so if you think he can make it four years, then pull the trigger. He has 675 touches the past two seasons, with insane production (45 total TDs and 4,000 yards from scrimmage). If he can do that on a "shredded" knee, he's probably a good bet.

Now if his MRIs are coming back ugly, then that might scare some teams away. But I'm assuming he's cleared general check-ups, and he did everything at the Combine, and was a top performer in 4 events.

I have my own opinions........

But come on....    the tiny guy from Oregon State?   

And he's your 5th or 6th best back in one of the deepest and best drafts in recent history?

It'd be a silly pick in the worst year ever for RB's.

I'm not saying he's not going to make a roster.....    but your 5th/6th favorite back?  

When you do things like this,  it just hurts your credibility.

You could simply call him your favorite deep sleeper.     But instead you vault him over dozens of other backs who are far, far more highly rated.

Put another way,  how many backs in the history of the NFL are sub 5'6" and 170?    Any?

Put a 3rd way....   it's OK to like him,  but I care that you like him beyond most every other RB in a very, very strong RB class.     I just don't think that's logical or credible....

Credibility to who exactly? you? Other fans? Is that supposed to matter to me? Am I supposed to take those ratings as gospel and say no other player should be in the discussion as a top 5 Back after the big 4?

Completely reasonable.  Who is the 5'7" 170 lbs. back that NCF keeps ranting about?  Everyone on your list is all well above 200 lbs.

I assumed he thought Crockett was 170lbs....Obviously Crockett isn't....he however is built a bit like Donald Brown, Not much fat on him, He is thin in the lower body

I assumed he thought Crockett was 170lbs....Obviously Crockett isn't....he however is built a bit like Donald Brown, Not much fat on him, He is thin in the lower body

That makes sense.  I think Crockett is built like Sproles or Woodhead.  He's definitely not out of Oregon State, though (North Dakota State I think).  NCF's rambling was starting to confuse me.  Did you anger him in a recent post?

Crocketts not bad.  I wouldn't put him above Coleman or Ajayi; but it's not something that you would "lose credibility" over.  We all have favorites (Ajayi happens to be my favorite RB, and Hayes Pullard is my favorite prospect).

This is a joke right? He will not make it past the 3rd round. Obviously it's not holding him back too much as he had his best production after the injury.

Also Marcus Lattimore was drafted in the 4th after his horrific knee injury. Not a completely fair comparison but it is an interesting point.

When you say he could fall to UDFA, that's a huge stretch. Mid 3rd is the furthest I could imagine him dropping.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Polk

That makes sense.  I think Crockett is built like Sproles or Woodhead.  He's definitely not out of Oregon State, though (North Dakota State I think).  NCF's rambling was starting to confuse me.  Did you anger him in a recent post?

Crocketts not bad.  I wouldn't put him above Coleman or Ajayi; but it's not something that you would "lose credibility" over.  We all have favorites (Ajayi happens to be my favorite RB, and Hayes Pullard is my favorite prospect).

Yeah Crocketts out of North Dakota State

From what I remember Polk was talked about as a late 2nd, early 1st during the year. When draft time came around from what I remember his stock was lower to the 3rd-4th-5th round area. Ajayi is a step later than Polk, looked at as a early 2nd during the draft process. I couldn't see him falling out of the 3rd, but at VERY latest I could MAYBE see early 4th, I don't think that's a very good comapirison. Ajayi should still go top 60 and I think he still will. I don't believe any draft news this late in the process, to me there not credible enough (smokescreens)

Credibility to who exactly? you? Other fans? Is that supposed to matter to me? Am I supposed to take those ratings as gospel and say no other player should be in the discussion as a top 5 Back after the big 4?

I like John Crockett, but putting him at #5 begs for explanation. You're saying he's better than Coleman, Ajayi, Yeldon, Langford, Davis, Cobb, Artis-Payne, Karlos Williams, Josh Robinson, etc. Why?