Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ajayi's knee a huge concern. Could tank his draft stock.

I like John Crockett, but putting him at #5 begs for explanation. You're saying he's better than Coleman, Ajayi, Yeldon, Langford, Davis, Cobb, Artis-Payne, Karlos Williams, Josh Robinson, etc. Why?

Speed, shiftiness, Catching ability, Runs hard, Im not saying he does all those things better then all those players you named (Except probably speed and big play ability)...Im also not saying he will be an every down Back but I think given the chance he can put up numbers as good or better as those players you mentioned. Sure it begs for an explanation but in no way in this thread was NCF initial post to me asking for an explanation....It was jab after jab at my initial post in this thread. Had he been looking for an explanation he would have asked for one

Credibility to who exactly? you? Other fans? Is that supposed to matter to me? Am I supposed to take those ratings as gospel and say no other player should be in the discussion as a top 5 Back after the big 4?

Look......    we're all posting here to offer our own opinions and perhaps for a little credibility pat on the back.

You rarely make a post that doesn't break something or someone down from a Scouts perspective.

You've offered up a long shot not just to make a roster,  but as one of the top backs in one of the best classes of running backs in recent years.     I assume you'd like not be laughed at.     No one likes that.

Let me offer another perspective....   tomorrow you wake up and your now the newest scout for the Indianapolis Colts.

You're in the War Room on Day 1 along with all the other scouts.     And Grigson says he's going to go around the room asking for input from everyone on running backs to be taken in R3.

The top 6-7 are gone.    But your guys Crocket and the Oregon State kid are still there.    All the other scouts are tossing our their favorite names....   Davis!   Langford!    Cobb!    Allen!     Johnson!     Are you really going to offer up Crocket or the tiny OSU kid for the 3rd round?      If you like them as much as you say you do, I suspect you are....

You're really going to do that?     Even at the risk you could lose your job over this?

I think it's OK to like everybody.... up to a point. 

You've got know the Big Board and the Big Picture.    Using a 3rd round pick on a late flier,  a deep sleeper is a near criminal offense in the draft community.     Seattle loved Russell Wilson.   Reportedly had him as a top-5 overall player.   But they thought they'd get him in the 3rd round.     Follow my meaning?

Use a 6th or 7th round pick to use on your deep sleeper and live to fight another day.    But bang the table to use a 3rd round pick on a guy like that and you'll be collecting unemployment insurance the next week......

Credibility to who exactly? you? Other fans? Is that supposed to matter to me? Am I supposed to take those ratings as gospel and say no other player should be in the discussion as a top 5 Back after the big 4?

Apologies,  I just tried to find more info on Terron Ward.  

And he's NOT 170 pounds.    That's what I saw him listed at a few weeks back when you made your post.

His info has now been updated,  he's 195.     Probably been close to that for a long time, but his info wasn't updated until recently.

So, he's not small,  but he's short.    5' 5" and 7/8  and 195.

I'd offer this....    even if you think you've uncovered the next Darren Sproules, who most everyone loved when he came out of Kansas State,   Sproules went in the 5th round.

Just trying to offer you some different perspectives here....

Can't say about the implications of his knee moving forward, but he played with it throughout college and I think he's underrated on this board. The guy is a phenomenal receiving running back who really can make opponents miss. And he was a workhorse in college. 

Can't say about the implications of his knee moving forward, but he played with it throughout college and I think he's underrated on this board. The guy is a phenomenal receiving running back who really can make opponents miss. And he was a workhorse in college.

Dustin's Leveon Bell comparison was absolutely spot on. And I had Bell as my top RB that year (even as a Michigan fan I was in love with Bell as a prospect) so when he made that comparison I realized why Jay is one of my favorite prospects this year.

FWIW

Oh no. His agent is Manziel's agent, the same agent TY Hilton recently fired. He also reps Josh Freeman.

I usually don't say stuff like this, and it's not fair because I don't know the guy at all, but he really rubs me the wrong way. I don't like him at all. When I think of the typical annoying, greasy slick back haired sports agent who will say anything, true or not, to promote his clients, I think of Erik Burkhardt's picture.  Just sayin...

I'd offer this....    even if you think you've uncovered the next Darren Sproules, who most everyone loved when he came out of Kansas State,   Sproules went in the 5th round.

De'Anthony Thomas went in the 4th, probably two rounds too soon. I think that's the better comparison.

De'Anthony Thomas went in the 4th, probably two rounds too soon. I think that's the better comparison.

I think Thomas was the better comparison when I thought Gavin's guy was 170.

Now that I found out he's 195,  I thought Sproules was a more appropriate comparison.

By the way,  for guys like Thomas and the lighting small guy from Kent who went to Pittsburgh late in the 3rd,  guys like that often go in the 4th...      That's what I projected for both of them.     I hit on Thomas, and didn't miss by much on the Kent University guy...    he ran 4.26 and was the fastest in his class.

Both were going in the 7th round for months in those computer simulation games...   then,  close to the draft,  the moved up to the 6th round...   and I think right around the draft,  maybe they reached the 5th...   it was driving me a little nuts whenever a Colts fan would mock one of those guys to Indy and exclaim how excited they'd be if the Colts would get one of them that late............

How is that too soon? Had a solid year for a mid round rookie. One of the best special teams players in the league and showed flashes on offense.

How is that too soon? Had a solid year for a mid round rookie. One of the best special teams players in the league and showed flashes on offense.

He had 37 offensive touches. He's basically a return man. At his best, he'll be a gadget player on offense. I have no beef with him; I'd take him on my team. But I thought he was a late rounder last year, and his production as a rookie doesn't really say different. It's too soon to call, but I don't think he should have gone as early as he did.

I know you're an Oregon guy. I have nothing against him or your team. 

Look......    we're all posting here to offer our own opinions and perhaps for a little credibility pat on the back.

You rarely make a post that doesn't break something or someone down from a Scouts perspective.

You've offered up a long shot not just to make a roster,  but as one of the top backs in one of the best classes of running backs in recent years.     I assume you'd like not be laughed at.     No one likes that.

Let me offer another perspective....   tomorrow you wake up and your now the newest scout for the Indianapolis Colts.

You're in the War Room on Day 1 along with all the other scouts.     And Grigson says he's going to go around the room asking for input from everyone on running backs to be taken in R3.

The top 6-7 are gone.    But your guys Crocket and the Oregon State kid are still there.    All the other scouts are tossing our their favorite names....   Davis!   Langford!    Cobb!    Allen!     Johnson!     Are you really going to offer up Crocket or the tiny OSU kid for the 3rd round?      If you like them as much as you say you do, I suspect you are....

You're really going to do that?     Even at the risk you could lose your job over this?

I think it's OK to like everybody.... up to a point. 

You've got know the Big Board and the Big Picture.    Using a 3rd round pick on a late flier,  a deep sleeper is a near criminal offense in the draft community.     Seattle loved Russell Wilson.   Reportedly had him as a top-5 overall player.   But they thought they'd get him in the 3rd round.     Follow my meaning?

Use a 6th or 7th round pick to use on your deep sleeper and live to fight another day.    But bang the table to use a 3rd round pick on a guy like that and you'll be collecting unemployment insurance the next week......

I'd take Crockett in the 4th round...Day 3...over ALL of the Backs you mentioned yes, Again I think all your doing is giving the "experts" opinions without giving your own evaluations on talent...Which is fine but it certainly don't give you the right to belittle my opinion

Apologies,  I just tried to find more info on Terron Ward.  

And he's NOT 170 pounds.    That's what I saw him listed at a few weeks back when you made your post.

His info has now been updated,  he's 195.     Probably been close to that for a long time, but his info wasn't updated until recently.

So, he's not small,  but he's short.    5' 5" and 7/8  and 195.

Just trying to offer you some different perspectives here....

To be quite honest I don't remember if that was a Favorites List or my top 5 overall at that position, That was weeks ago, I'd have to find the post, Im not saying I did not list him as the 5th best Back...I just don't recall doing that. I love his shifty running style, I think if he stays healthy and gets a shot he will be a very good overall Back

Again I think all your doing is giving the "experts" opinions without giving your own evaluations on talent...Which is fine but it certainly don't give you the right to belittle my opinion

NCF's head basically explodes when somebody has someone ranked differently than ESPN does. 

NCF's head basically explodes when somebody has someone ranked differently than ESPN does. 

I don't just follow ESPN....   not even close.    And I'm very public about it.

I also follow and give great weight to NFL.com...

And I also follow and give some weight to CBS Sports.com

And I also follow and give some weight to other sites...    whether it's Sports Illustrated, or Bleacher Report.

By the way,  if my head explodes whenever someone disagrees with ESPN,  then why didn't didn't I go crazy at your top-64?!?

No human being on the planet has a list that is so far removed from reality as you do.

But look at the thread for that.    I think I only have one response to it....    and I gave you props for being independent and not having a group mentality.

You're going to have to do better than this.....

I heard on the radio today that Ajayi's agent says the reason his client did not go back to get his knee re-check in Indy last week is that he was NOT ASKED TO DO SO BY ANYONE.

So,  if Ajayi has a badly shredded knee,  it has bothered so many people,  that NO ONE asked to have it re-checked.