Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aaron Hernandez found guilty

lollygagger8

I just can't imagine how anyone could throw their life away like that. Hernandez had everything going for him: talent, money and fame. He couldn't get away from the gang connections, or maybe didn't want to try.

The jury took awhile to come up with the verdict, so I wasn't sure which way they would go. Probably, as was suggested, they wanted to get al the facts straight.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What no firing squad sentence? Sometimes, colonial times had the right idea IMO. Yeah, I know. No death penalty in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

I do feel bad for Aaron's parents if they are still alive as well as his wife & child too. I don't blame the Patriots for drafting Hernandez for drafting him. He was an incredible athlete on the field.

No one could have foreseen that Aaron would have done something this stupid, cruel, vindictive, & senseless in my estimation.

Robert Kraft probably figured that NE's locker room would have shown him the proper way to act like a responsible adult. There's no way a franchise could have predicted that their TE would go off the deep end.

Yes, I realize he had a checkered past with gang tendencies, but I would have done the same thing Bill Belichick did & believe that I can fix him & put him on the right path to redemption too.

A ton of things were better before now (not just colonial times) but as long as social issues aren't 1 of those things, our forefathers will cever get credit for any of the good things.

I just can't imagine how anyone could throw their life away like that. Hernandez had everything going for him: talent, money and fame. He couldn't get away from the gang connections, or maybe didn't want to try.

The jury took awhile to come up with the verdict, so I wasn't sure which way they would go. Probably, as was suggested, they wanted to get al the facts straight.

I think a guilty verdict had to be unanimous. 

? "Liberals are ruining this country"..."Conservatives are ruining this country" <- Personal Opinions. Politics.

"The death penalty is morally wrong"<- Personal opinion, which is also in politics. The particular post I was specifically referring to appears to have been edited/deleted. But it is politics. And the logistics have no point of being argued about. Just seems like something that the rules are generally trying to prohibit from occuring. I

Let the Mods do their job.

A ton of things were better before now (not just colonial times) but as long as social issues aren't 1 of those things, our forefathers will cever get credit for any of the good things.

I guess I just have no sympathy for criminals who treat human life so casually & indiscriminately overall not appreciating how fragile life really is. 

The defense admits he witnessed it. He was found guilty of illegal possession, also. Either way, he wouldn't be playing in the NFL anymore.

come on. you know the raiders would have picked him up in a heartbeat haha

I was thinking the same thing..They already threw the book at him..There's no need to go back to the library

The only folks who benefit are he lawyers...

Two reasons.

1) This verdict and sentence are both subject to appeal. It could be overturned (unlikely), but if he's found guilty in another case, then he'd still be in prison.

2) The other cases will be tried to determine who committed the crimes. If it's not Hernandez, it's somebody else.

come on. you know the raiders would have picked him up in a heartbeat haha

The gun charges carried a sentence of six months to three years. He's also been implicated in two other murders. So he would have been unavailable for at least one season, and very tainted after that, with the pending murder charges.

I know you were joking (mostly), but I'm just pointing out that Hernandez would have been out of the league either way, I think.

The gun charges carried a sentence of six months to three years. He's also been implicated in two other murders. So he would have been unavailable for at least one season, and very tainted after that, with the pending murder charges.

I know you were joking (mostly), but I'm just pointing out that Hernandez would have been out of the league either way, I think.

I was joking hence the laughing smiley

My pops was killed about five years ago, i know what the families are going through, its not fun, at all.

I am so sorry about this. I cannot imagine losing a loved one in that manner. I wish you and your family peace and strength.

Hell no. We realized awhile ago that it's very expensive, kills innocent people, and generally doesn't work as intended.

Ya, so much more expensive than feeding, housing, and paying for the educations of rapists and murders for 40+ years. You spend over $500M a year on your inmates.

Also how does killing someone not typically work for someone who is on death row? Seems like it worked to me.

You also say you kill innocent people. Do you not also imprison innocent people for life then? If you're keeping them til they are dead... just off them

Thanks, i appreciate it.

So sorry you lost your loved one in that manner, Luck12-to-Hilton13. My deepest Colts Fan condolences to you and your family. I was watching NFL Live today on ESPN and they reported than Aaron Hernandez lost his father when he was in his teens. Up to that point in his life, he was a model youngster his family says. After his father's death, he was never the same. It changed him for the worse according to the segment this afternoon. Got in with the wrong crowds. Followed it all the way to this tragic event(s). That's more than sad. It's a complete waste of family, friends, comforts, and life in general not to mention his own hell he will face the rest of his life.

I think a guilty verdict had to be unanimous. 

All it means is a bunch of people think he did it doesn't mean he actually did kill anyone, only the people there really know, was it illegal possession of a gun? thought all you Americans had them...? 

All it means is a bunch of people think he did it doesn't mean he actually did kill anyone, only the people there really know, was it illegal possession of a gun? thought all you Americans had them...? 

That wasn't my point. I was saying I think that might be why it took a few days.

It's not possible to say exactly what happened, given that no one who was there is coming out with a full story. But that's why trial by jury exists. It's not perfect, but it's kind of hard to get a murder conviction with no weapon as evidence. They didn't even have a clear motive (since the other two unsolved homicides weren't admissible). Yet they got a conviction, unanimously. That means they probably had a pretty strong case.

And yeah, it was illegal possession of a gun, according to the jury. No, all Americans don't have guns. And even if we did, that wouldn't mean we all had them legally.

That wasn't my point. I was saying I think that might be why it took a few days.

It's not possible to say exactly what happened, given that no one who was there is coming out with a full story. But that's why trial by jury exists. It's not perfect, but it's kind of hard to get a murder conviction with no weapon as evidence. They didn't even have a clear motive (since the other two unsolved homicides weren't admissible). Yet they got a conviction, unanimously. That means they probably had a pretty strong case.

And yeah, it was illegal possession of a gun, according to the jury. No, all Americans don't have guns. And even if we did, that wouldn't mean we all had them legally.

Such a waste of talent

Don't know how you can prove someone did it with no weapon or eye whiteness', those are usually pretty crucial. Don't know about the US but the justice system is flawed in AUS.

So its like having your drivers licence but for a firearm??  

Such a waste of talent

Don't know how you can prove someone did it with no weapon or eye whiteness', those are usually pretty crucial. Don't know about the US but the justice system is flawed in AUS.

So its like having your drivers licence but for a firearm??  

It might be like having a drivers license, but far fewer people have guns than drivers licenses. And fewer still have guns legally.

The justice system is flawed everywhere. That doesn't mean juries can't get it right.

As for building a case without a weapon or eyewitnesses, it's called a preponderance of evidence. That the jury reached this verdict unanimously certainly indicates that the prosecution built a strong case. That there was no weapon, no eyewitness testimony, and not even a clear motive (the judge wouldn't admit the double murder that Hernandez will now stand trial for), just reinforces how much evidence they actually had with which to build their case.

So sorry you lost your loved one in that manner, Luck12-to-Hilton13. My deepest Colts Fan condolences to you and your family. I was watching NFL Live today on ESPN and they reported than Aaron Hernandez lost his father when he was in his teens. Up to that point in his life, he was a model youngster his family says. After his father's death, he was never the same. It changed him for the worse according to the segment this afternoon. Got in with the wrong crowds. Followed it all the way to this tragic event(s). That's more than sad. It's a complete waste of family, friends, comforts, and life in general not to mention his own hell he will face the rest of his life.

Thanks alot and thats very unfortunate.

It might be like having a drivers license, but far fewer people have guns than drivers licenses. And fewer still have guns legally.

The justice system is flawed everywhere. That doesn't mean juries can't get it right.

As for building a case without a weapon or eyewitnesses, it's called a preponderance of evidence. That the jury reached this verdict unanimously certainly indicates that the prosecution built a strong case. That there was no weapon, no eyewitness testimony, and not even a clear motive (the judge wouldn't admit the double murder that Hernandez will now stand trial for), just reinforces how much evidence they actually had with which to build their case.

Once Hernandez's defense team said he witnessed the murder they were done for IMO. Also, there was evidence like text messages that were not permitted as evidence as well. I am not sure how anyone can feel like the jury got it wrong in this case but there is always a few I guess ... or maybe just some to take shots at America.

Ya, so much more expensive than feeding, housing, and paying for the educations of rapists and murders for 40+ years. You spend over $500M a year on your inmates.

Also how does killing someone not typically work for someone who is on death row? Seems like it worked to me.

You also say you kill innocent people. Do you not also imprison innocent people for life then? If you're keeping them til they are dead... just off them

I realize there's been some borderline posting about capital punishment in this thread but this post openly invites the debate.  That's politics so please no more

thank you

Ray Lewis has a statue for life, and Aaron Hernandez has a statute for life !

In Ray's case money did pay and plea bargaining. But then again he has to live with that horrible night so in some ways no one really does get away with anything regardless of the justice system ...

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12696046/aaron-hernandez-trial-jurors-say-testimony-new-england-patriots-owner-robert-kraft-compelling

Apparently Kraft's testimony was key in the jury coming to a guilty verdict given Kraft said Hernandez told him he was at a club when the murder took place only to have his defense team say during the trial that Hernandez witnessed the murder. That pretty much sealed his conviction.

In Ray's case money did pay and plea bargaining. But then again he has to live with that horrible night so in some ways no one really does get away with anything regardless of the justice system ...

We will never fully know what happened with Ray that night , but I know he thinks about it every day because he has said that. He really tried to turn things around after this episode. Still, to me, he is a flawed hero.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12696046/aaron-hernandez-trial-jurors-say-testimony-new-england-patriots-owner-robert-kraft-compelling

Apparently Kraft's testimony was key in the jury coming to a guilty verdict given Kraft said Hernandez told him he was at a club when the murder took place only to have his defense team say during the trial that Hernandez witnessed the murder. That pretty much sealed his conviction.

Although we're not privy to the entire case evidence, this certainly was a damning statement from Kraft. Have had the excruciating painful experience of determining a case like this. Not pretty. Not pretty at all. Do not wish that upon anyone.

Although we're not privy to the entire case evidence, this certainly was a damning statement from Kraft. Have had the excruciating painful experience of determining a case like this. Not pretty. Not pretty at all. Do not wish that upon anyone.

Yes. The whole thing has been ugly for Kraft and the Patriots. I am sure they are happy to have to it behind them now. It is a blessing of sorts that the end of the trial and the testimonies and verdict came in the off-season.

You say that as if you know for a fact what happened.

Lol. What facts exactly are you referring to? 

You tell me, you are the one who made a claim that the death penalty is somehow saving money.  So let's see the numbers.

Please don't use the boards to debate capital punishment

Thankyou

Please explain how money was a factor in the Ray Lewis case

Yes, it's a delicate balance between finding talented players & hoping they are smart enough to not put your organization in a negative light of any kind. But, part of me wonders why Robert Kraft was so distraught over testifying in open court about the Aaron Hernandez shooting. It's fine to be disappointed as an owner & to even feel betrayed, but Robert didn't do anything wrong. He's not on trial for murder. I'd be miffed if a TE I trust abused my trust in him personally. 

Yes, it's a delicate balance between finding talented players & hoping they are smart enough to not put your organization in a negative light of any kind. But, part of me wonders why Robert Kraft was so distraught over testifying in open court about the Aaron Hernandez shooting. It's fine to be disappointed as an owner & to even feel betrayed, but Robert didn't do anything wrong. He's not on trial for murder. I'd be miffed if a TE I trust abused my trust in him personally.

Yeah, SW1. I really think that Robert Kraft did not want to be there, period. It sure looked that way to me. And you're correct about abusing the trust between the two. Both of these combined would create an absolute resolve of unwillingness if the relationship was at a crossroads of sadness. The outcome reflected Kraft's demeanor. I know how tough that would be from an employee/employer standpoint. Knowing that your testimony could actually be so damning, it has to affect anyone with a heartfelt conscience so to speak no matter what the outcome/verdict/sentencing.

You say that as if you know for a fact what happened.

I am basing that Ray's own remorsefulness that he has displayed throughout the years. He seems haunted. Only he really does know what happened and the guys that were with him. It was an ugly night for sure.

Yeah, SW1. I really think that Robert Kraft did not want to be there, period. It sure looked that way to me. And you're correct about abusing the trust between the two. Both of these combined would create an absolute resolve of unwillingness if the relationship was at a crossroads of sadness. The outcome reflected Kraft's demeanor. I know how tough that would be from an employee/employer standpoint. Knowing that your testimony could actually be so damning, it has to affect anyone with a heartfelt conscience so to speak no matter what the outcome/verdict/sentencing.

I wouldn't want to testify so I think nobody would want to have been in Kraft's shoes.

I was on a jury once were several of the people compelled to testify looked scared to death.