Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aaron Hernandez found guilty

I agree, Nadine. When people are put on a "hot seat" and juries are hanging over your every word it tends to do that very thing. The spotlight works in a multitude of variances. The one in question here is certainly not deemed applauding to most.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am basing that Ray's own remorsefulness that he has displayed throughout the years. He seems haunted. Only he really does know what happened and the guys that were with him. It was an ugly night for sure.

what does that have to do with money getting him out of murder charges?

I agree, Nadine. When people are put on a "hot seat" and juries are hanging over your every word it tends to do that very thing. The spotlight works in a multitude of variances. The one in question here is certainly not deemed applauding to most.

I've always said, as long as you're honest, then you don't really need to worry about, or try to remember what to say.  Just tell the truth.

And if it means putting someone you care about, or once cared about behind bars, well..... they shouldn't have put you in that position to begin with.   All you can do is be honest.

I am basing that Ray's own remorsefulness that he has displayed throughout the years. He seems haunted. Only he really does know what happened and the guys that were with him. It was an ugly night for sure.

Nah, you've insinuated many times that he's a murderer, and your previous comment made it seem like the justice system let him get away with being a murderer. Of course it was an ugly night. That doesn't mean he got away with anything.

Nah, you've insinuated many times that he's a murderer, and your previous comment made it seem like the justice system let him get away with being a murderer. Of course it was an ugly night. That doesn't mean he got away with anything.

I think he knows what happened for sure. Whether or not he was involved ? His bloody white suit would indicate he was and his plea bargain to offer up his two friends and his lying about him not being there the morning after.

I think he knows what happened for sure. Whether or not he was involved ? His bloody white suit would indicate he was and his plea bargain to offer up his two friends and his lying about him not being there the morning after.

And that's where I go right back to what I said earlier. You don't know what happened, and you're acting like you do, and judging him for it at the same time.

And that's where I go right back to what I said earlier. You don't know what happened, and you're acting like you do, and judging him for it at the same time.

Preponderance of evidence has helped me formed my opinion. Others hold the same stance as I do but you can disagree with it.

Preponderance of evidence has helped me formed my opinion. Others hold the same stance as I do but you can disagree with it.

If there were a "preponderance" of evidence", he wouldn't have been offered a plea agreement. He testified against those he was with and they weren't even convicted. Plus, none of that equates to him being let off because he is wealthy

If there were a "preponderance" of evidence", he wouldn't have been offered a plea agreement. He testified against those he was with and they weren't even convicted. Plus, none of that equates to him being let off because he is wealthy

What? Do you even know what a plea bargain is and why they are offered?

What? Do you even know what a plea bargain is and why they are offered?

they are offered for many many reasons actually. Also in varying degrees. They wouldn't have offered him an obstruction charge if they had evidence to murder no matter how much money he had

they are offered for many many reasons actually. But you certainly can't buy one

In Lewis' case he was charged with double murder and the plea bargain allowed those charges to be dropped and reduced to obstruction of justice in exchange for his testimony against his friends Oakley and Sweeting. And his defensive team was not free or cheap.

In Lewis' case he was charged with double murder and the plea bargain allowed those charges to be dropped and reduced to obstruction of justice in exchange for his testimony against his friends Oakley and Sweeting.

If they had evidence to take him to trial for murder, he wouldn't have been offered a misdemeanor obstruction charge. Millionaire or not

If they had evidence to take him to trial for murder, he wouldn't have been offered a misdemeanor obstruction charge. Millionaire or not

Baloney. They had two others at the scene who were not budding NFL stars. His defensive team was not cheap and perhaps you also do not remember that he reached a settlement with four-year-old India Lollar, born months after the death of her father Richard, pre-empting a scheduled civil proceeding. And he also reached an undisclosed settlement with Baker's family as well.

Yes. Money did pay.

Baloney. They had two others at the scene who were not budding NFL stars. His defensive team was not cheap and perhaps you also do not remember that he reached a settlement with four-year-old India Lollar, born months after the death of her father Richard, pre-empting a scheduled civil proceeding. And he also reached an undisclosed settlement with Baker's family as well.

Yes. Money did pay.

civil suits settled out of court have ZERO to do with plea bargaining murder one down to a misdemeanor. They couldn't even get convictions on the two he testified against

civil suits settled out of court have ZERO to do with plea bargaining murder one down to a misdemeanor. They couldn't even get convictions on the two he testified against

Again baloney. His defense team as I said was not cheap. Credit to them for getting that charge reduced to obstruction in exchange for his testimony. But none of that means he was not involved in the killings of those two people. He just copped a plea. And admitted to obstruction of justice.

Again baloney. His defense team as I said was not cheap. Credit to them for getting that charge reduced to obstruction in exchange for his testimony. But none of that means he was not involved in the killings of those two people. He just copped a plea. And admitted to obstruction of justice.

obstruction is a far cry from murder. If the evidence was there he would have been charged just like anyone else

Unless you are lying about the killing ...

if there were evidence to support that, he would have went to trial. Again, they couldn't even get convictions WITH his testimony. The evidence didn't support murder charges. Million dollar defense teams watch their millionaire clients go to jail all the time. Aaron Hernandez for example

I've always said, as long as you're honest, then you don't really need to worry about, or try to remember what to say.  Just tell the truth.

And if it means putting someone you care about, or once cared about behind bars, well..... they shouldn't have put you in that position to begin with.   All you can do is be honest.

Beautifully stated Gramz. A jury or a judge can figure out who is being candid & who is being disingenuous or misleading on the stand. 

This man was is a monster. I am glad he's going to jail where he belongs. For the record I would say that if he had played for the Colts so this has nothing to do with the fact he once played for New England.

I know I criticize reporters a lot for assigning to much body language psychology to Mr. Hernandez's stoic reaction to the verdict, but it blows my mind how Aaron told his fiancee to be strong in the courtroom. Are you kidding me?! Your immature selfishness cost your son the life of his father, endless ridicule & torment the rest of his life, & your lovely significant other constant agony & financial burden now. 

Do you assume any responsibility for your actions at all? Real men provide fiscal security to their families & they have a daily presence in their loved ones lives. You lost your father at a  young age yourself; You know how devastating that is Aaron. Just pathetic, sad, & disgusting man...

Yes, his defense team did may be the best job of any team in the history of murder trials getting him off. Money did pay big time for OJ.

If they were so good, why couldn't they get him an obstruction of justice plea?

You tell me, you are the one who made a claim that the death penalty is somehow saving money.  So let's see the numbers.

Numbers? It's basic math. 

If you put the prisoner to death, the only (taxpayer) cost associated is the method: electricity, injection, etc. 

If they get a life sentence, then we (taxpayers) have to feed them, clothe them, house them, pay the cable bill, upkeep the prison, pay the guards, etc, etc, etc for the rest of their life.