Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aaron Hernandez found guilty

lollygagger8

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed which is why I am hesitant to use it...but in two separate cases...again I'm not going to go too far with this because its not a forum for it but some things God will just have to be the judge of and if mistakes are made well he will right them in the end. That all said our criminals often times are treated better than 75% of the worlds population as far as the amminities they have access to. Anyways I don't want to derail the thread...very sensative topic and I don't want to ruin the thread.

"That all said our criminals often times are treated better than 75% of the worlds population as far as the amminities they have access to."

Depends on the prison, I agree somewhat but most of what they get is snuck in to them and they are not supposed to have, Many prisons I have seen from watching Lock Up don't offer much with the exception of whats called Yard Time, I mean I have seen a prison (forget which one) where prisoners are allowed TV's in there cells and 1 prison even allows weekend visits on prison grounds for significant others (provided the prisoner is qualified) but many prisons are just that.....pure hell and full of some evil evil people

I understand the 8th amendment, but I think if you kill a person/people, the victim (or family of the victim) should get do to you what you did to the victim. Make the punishment fit the crime.

Getting sentenced to prison for life for killing people is getting off too easy (and a waste of tax payer money) IMO. 

I understand the 8th amendment, but I think if you kill a person/people, the victim (or family of the victim) should get do to you what you did to the victim. Make the punishment fit the crime.

Getting sentenced to prison for life for killing people is getting off too easy (and a waste of tax payer money) IMO. 

He will constantly have to watch his back for the rest of his life and join a gang just to survive in prison(Prisons are VERY racist places), I don't think he has much of a clue how prison politics is, He literally will have to sit in a 8 foot concrete cell for just about 23 and a half hours a day....Death is to good for him

So having worked inside a number of prisons here in the UK previously I have seen cases where you can understand how a person's upbringing may have lead them to a path of crime.

This is not one of those cases, this is a guy who was addicted to the darker trappings of gang life. The respect (fear) of others. He did these things because he enjoyed them.

He will probably thrive in the prison environment, sociopaths often do.

"That all said our criminals often times are treated better than 75% of the worlds population as far as the amminities they have access to."

Depends on the prison, I agree somewhat but most of what they get is snuck in to them and they are not supposed to have, Many prisons I have seen from watching Lock Up don't offer much with the exception of whats called Yard Time, I mean I have seen a prison (forget which one) where prisoners are allowed TV's in there cells and 1 prison even allows weekend visits on prison grounds for significant others (provided the prisoner is qualified) but many prisons are just that.....pure hell and full of some evil evil people

There are certainly prisons like that...and I'm sure he is likely to go to one...but all too often I've seen them get better treatment than many. It is full of evil people no doubt....him being one of them obviously. But they aren't starving and they aren't being left to the elements and some of the privilages they do get well its no where near living a free mans life but then again for what most have done to be put there....the unspeakable horrible acts...its better than many deserve. All said though anyone there unfairly...wow I would feel horrible for them.

Prison life for white collar crimes is much different than prison life for those convicted of murder.

I am sure there are others on here more qualified to comment than I am, but I believe those convicted of certain crimes with chance of eventual parole do have it a little easier, with regards to visitations and the chance of furthering education and skills needed to eventually blend back into society.

In any event, whatever his life in prison is, there is no question it is far from the life he could have made for himself if he'd made better choices in life, and in the friends he chose to run with.

Indeed which is why I am hesitant to use it...but in two separate cases...again I'm not going to go too far with this because its not a forum for it but some things God will just have to be the judge of and if mistakes are made well he will right them in the end. That all said our criminals often times are treated better than 75% of the worlds population as far as the amminities they have access to. Anyways I don't want to derail the thread...very sensative topic and I don't want to ruin the thread.

I know what you mean. I felt very conflicted when reading/watching "A Time to Kill." Probably does not help that I have three daughters so the idea of taking justice into your own hands seems appealing. I thought the author did a great job of not taking sides but just presenting the situation leaving the reader to try to figure out what they would do.

there are many times money doesn't save you

Seen many wealthy people with aggressive illnesses....car accidents...and money hungry children and spouses that spend or swindel or kill for it so yep...money won't help with many things and can cause just as many problems as it solves. In this case though affording the best attornies couldn't have hurt him though.

There is no politics being discussed. Each state has their own laws. A personal opinion is not politics.

? "Liberals are ruining this country"..."Conservatives are ruining this country" <- Personal Opinions. Politics.

"The death penalty is morally wrong"<- Personal opinion, which is also in politics. The particular post I was specifically referring to appears to have been edited/deleted. But it is politics. And the logistics have no point of being argued about. Just seems like something that the rules are generally trying to prohibit from occuring. I

Seen many wealthy people with aggressive illnesses....car accidents...and money hungry children and spouses that spend or swindel or kill for it so yep...money won't help with many things and can cause just as many problems as it solves. In this case though affording the best attornies couldn't have hurt him though.

it did hurt if you think about it. He spent millions on a defense and will still spend the rest of his life in prison. He could have set up his family for life

My pops was killed about five years ago, i know what the families are going through, its not fun, at all.

I am very sorry to hear this. I can't even begin to imagine the pain you went through, and are still dealing with.

It has less to do about the rich being criminals and more about one side having unlimited resources and being able to hire the best talent, whereas the other side general does not get paid nearly as well and are limited by budgets.

I give the prosecution a lot of respect in this case since they didn't have a murder weapon, or could establish a clear motive, yet still managed to get a conviction.

With a mandatory sentence of life, with no death penalty. Why are they even going to bother with the double murder trial in Boston? I understand the families of the victims deserve justice. But he can't get more punishment than he already has. Seems like a waste of tax dollars

I was thinking the same thing..They already threw the book at him..There's no need to go back to the library

The only folks who benefit are he lawyers...

Prison life for white collar crimes is much different than prison life for those convicted of murder.

I am sure there are others on here more qualified to comment than I am, but I believe those convicted of certain crimes with chance of eventual parole do have it a little easier, with regards to visitations and the chance of furthering education and skills needed to eventually blend back into society.

In any event, whatever his life in prison is, there is no question it is far from the life he could have made for himself if he'd made better choices in life, and in the friends he chose to run with.

Oh no doubt....my father worked for over 15 years at Wabash Valley Correctional Facility and it wore him down mentally with what he had to go through so no doubt it isn't pleasent (not a country club for white collar criminals) but it also is still better than many deserve for the lives they've destroyed. Those for lesser crimes I agree would be great to rehibilitate these inmates and prepare them for a life outside of crime but thats a whole other ball of wax I'm sure.

it did hurt if you think about it. He spent millions on a defense and will still spend the rest of his life in prison. He could have set up his family for life

Oh...well it was worth it to him is all....his money will likely go in a civil case likely and hopefully to fees ext to pay for his court fees and his numerous attempts to get it overturned I'm sure. I doubt the guy is thinking too much about his family if he has one...I have no clue but he wasn't thinking of them during the acts of all this so I doubt he thinks much of them now.

I was thinking the same thing..They already threw the book at him..There's no need to go back to the library

The only folks who benefit are he lawyers...

Yes...but what if he gets it overturned after finding some technicalities or on appeal etc.....be hard to try him again with witnesses etc...you want to keep someone like this behind bars away from society...because if he is convicted on multiple murders if one gets overturned then you can still hold him on the other. 

Most millionaires aren't criminals.

Evidence dictates guilt.

Most people in general are not criminals, The majority that are criminals were either barely scraping by or selling drugs and doing them to get by,  Some people that are in prison were well off no doubt prior to conviction, Ya got your Scott Petersons and other no namers here and there that were well off, Most criminals were either poor or scraping by before convicted though

With a mandatory sentence of life, with no death penalty. Why are they even going to bother with the double murder trial in Boston? I understand the families of the victims deserve justice. But he can't get more punishment than he already has. Seems like a waste of tax dollars

Because that other crime needs to be solved, and resolved just as much as this one needed to be.

Thanks taking it one day at a time.

I don't imagine it is something you ever completely get over. I lost my father when I was 11 due to a heart attack, and I still miss him every day. I am forever grateful for the wonderful man he was and thankful for the time I had with him.

I don't imagine it is something you ever completely get over. I lost my father when I was 11 due to a heart attack, and I still miss him every day. I am forever grateful for the wonderful man he was and thankful for the time I had with him.

Yeah you right, you definitely never completely get over it. I'm very sorry to hear that, but what keeps me going is knowing everything happens for a reason. The man upstairs is now taking care of your father and mines.

Most people in general are not criminals, The majority that are criminals were either barely scraping by or selling drugs and doing them to get by, Some people that are in prison were well off no doubt prior to conviction, Ya got your Scott Petersons and other no namers here and there that were well off, Most criminals were either poor or scraping by before convicted though

No question, those that live in poverty are more likely to commit certain types of crimes.

If the death penalty is indeed more expensive to administer in some states than life in prison, it is because of a simple successful tactic employed by those who simply do not want the dealth penalty.  Tie up the legal system to make it more expensive than life in prison, which then provides an "objective" basis for more people to be against it. 

Nice try, but that's not real objective reasoning.  It's objective reasoning after a nonreasonable tactic has already been employed...not the same thing.

Too bad Hernandez didn't live in a state that doesn't put up with such nonsense. 

If the death penalty is indeed more expensive to administer in some states than life in prison, it is because of a simple successful tactic employed by those who simply do not want the dealth penalty.  Tie up the legal system to make it more expensive than life in prison, which then provides an "objective" basis for more people to be against it. 

Nice try, but that's not real objective reasoning.  It's objective reasoning after a nonreasonable tactic has already been employed...not the same thing.

Too bad Hernandez didn't live in a state that doesn't put up with such nonsense. 

I really don't get the outrage. I am fine with tax money going to keep prisoners in jail for life. There are many more areas for outrage over our tax money than the penal system ...