Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ereck Flowers visiting Colts.

Per. Charlie Campbell

Per sources Miami LT Ereck Flowers will visit the Jets, Rams, Browns, & Colts. In addition to the Bucs & Panthers. http://t.co/rGxt2LdqaQ

— Charlie Campbell (@DraftCampbell)

April 3, 2015

I'm not the biggest fan of Flowers, not a hater, not a huge fan though. On tape he is a powerful run blocker but needs a lot of touching up in pass protection. Like, alot. We're talking technique, hands, hips, kickslide. The whole works. He's a massive project, but if you give him his time he could be a all-pro tackle. I'd rather have Clemmings, Humphries, or even Jake Fisher.

I really liked his tape against Florida St., he looked really dominate against a good defense. However he looked shaky against Virginia, and brutal in the combine drills.

FSU had far from a good defense last year.  Specifically their D-line, very ineffective.

Per. Charlie Campbell

Per sources Miami LT Ereck Flowers will visit the Jets, Rams, Browns, & Colts. In addition to the Bucs & Panthers. http://t.co/rGxt2LdqaQ

— Charlie Campbell (@DraftCampbell)

April 3, 2015

I'm not the biggest fan of Flowers, not a hater, not a huge fan though. On tape he is a powerful run blocker but needs a lot of touching up in pass protection. Like, alot. We're talking technique, hands, hips, kickslide. The whole works. He's a massive project, but if you give him his time he could be a all-pro tackle. I'd rather have Clemmings, Humphries, or even Jake Fisher.

Fisher has moved way up for me,  but (A) he's a zone scheme blocker and not a power-man blocker, so he's not a fit for the Colts, and (B)  he's not a 1st round pick for me.     But he's a high second.

The best news out of this report, along with the one about Cummings,  (have there been links to other tackles?)  is that it shows we're serious about a possible o-tackle draft pick perhaps even in the first round.

Eddie Goldman and Mario Edwards are on their D-line. That's no joke.

I'm not talking about individual players with potential, I'm talking about how they played. It wasn't good, including those two.

73rd in the nation against the run. That's a joke as far as I'm concerned.