Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Landon Collins is such a good tackler.

I like Collins a lot but don't think we have a real shot at him. Who do you see us drafting assuming we even take a safety?

I think if Collins is available, there's a 100% chance Grigson takes him.

Assuming we don't go safety, I like Carl Davis, Owamagbe Odighizuwa, Eric Kendricks, T.J. Clemmings, Arik Armstead, and Kevin Johnson all at 29. 

I meant which safety do you see us taking if we miss out on Collins

Oh sorry. Byron Jones is probably the only other safety worth a 1st round pick, I like Eric Rowe, but apparently the NFL isn't as high on him. 

Assuming we don't go safety, I like Carl Davis, Owamagbe Odighizuwa, Eric Kendricks, T.J. Clemmings, Arik Armstead, and Kevin Johnson all at 29.

Do you think Odighizuwa would be a fit here? I love that first step on him.

If Collins truly has round 1 talent ( I hope his coverage ability is round 1 material), then he should start opposite Adams immediately. I would think Pags/Grigs having Adams, Collins, Guy, and McDonald as the safeties would be high on there list of hopes come draft day.

If Collins is gone, I wouldn't mind seeing Rowe in the 3rd and Geathers in the 4th/5th, and have them fight with Guy and McDonald for the three remaining spots. Or perhaps save the roster spot and use Rowe as also the #4 or #5 CB.

I wouldn't be surprised if Grigson and co. trade up to get Landon Collins.

Move from 29 to 19 to secure him.

I agree with you ( and sort of hoping he does) that Grigson and Co. may move up for Collins. But I feel may move up even higher up than 19. The 3 candidates to take Collins would be Kansas City (18th), Philly (20th) and Pittsburgh (22nd). I see us either trading up with Cleveland or SD.

Oh sorry. Byron Jones is probably the only other safety worth a 1st round pick, I like Eric Rowe, but apparently the NFL isn't as high on him. 

Dustin....I actually like Eric Rowe too.

Do you think either Rowe or USC's Josh Shaw will last until the 4th round?

Dustin....I actually like Eric Rowe too.

Do you think either Rowe or USC's Josh Shaw will last until the 4th round?

I was thinking Eric Rowe could possibly sneak into the 1st round, but if you believe Matt Miller, scouts view him as a 3rd to 5th round player, so it wouldn't surprise me.

I think that Shaw will be available in the 4th, though I haven't watched him at all, so I don't have an opinion on his play. 

Watching him right now against Florida. If we do draft him, he'll definitely be a huge upgrade over Landry in the run game. Not only does he hit with power, but he gets low and wraps up consistently. 

He reminds me of what Landry was supposed to be.

Also, I don't know about the coverage concerns. He wasn't used to play a lot of man coverage, but the athleticism and range is there. I don't think he can cover Julius Thomas, but I don't think he's bad in coverage. 

He reminds me of what Landry was supposed to be.

Also, I don't know about the coverage concerns. He wasn't used to play a lot of man coverage, but the athleticism and range is there. I don't think he can cover Julius Thomas, but I don't think he's bad in coverage.

I don't think the range is there. He's incredibly stiff. He's got straight line speed, but he's never going to be confused with Earl Thomas. Change of direction is just really lacking.

He's TJ Ward to me. A good player if you run a defense that uses a traditional strong safety, a ton of nickel-lb, or 3-safety sets.

I don't think he fits what the Colts say they want in a safety (but then again, Pagano's last 3 safeties have been Pollard, Zbikowski, and Landry so who knows).

I don't think the range is there. He's incredibly stiff. He's got straight line speed, but he's never going to be confused with Earl Thomas. Change of direction is just really lacking.

He's TJ Ward to me. A good player if you run a defense that uses a traditional strong safety, a ton of nickel-lb, or 3-safety sets.

I don't think he fits what the Colts say they want in a safety (but then again, Pagano's last 3 safeties have been Pollard, Zbikowski, and Landry so who knows).

I don't know how you can watch the Florida tape and not see range. There are two plays where he goes from the middle of the field to almost the sideline to break up passes, and another where he's able to undercut the receiver and take the ball away (with one hand; I forgot to include ball skills). 

I agree that he's stiff. As you always point out, Alabama DBs don't backpedal, so the hip flip is foreign to them.

Ward is probably a good comparison. So is your point about the safeties they've signed in the past.

I don't know how you can watch the Florida tape and not see range. There are two plays where he goes from the middle of the field to almost the sideline to break up passes, and another where he's able to undercut the receiver and take the ball away (with one hand; I forgot to include ball skills). 

The first play at :29 the QB is starting down the WR from the snap. Paul Dawson effect. We're confusing athletic ability (in this case range) with him being aggressive and guessing well and therefore having a good start on the play. That play very well could have came back to bite him if the QB pulled back the ball and hit the WR that was about to be open in the middle of the field.

Same thing again for the 2nd play (1:44). QB stares down receiver. Also helps he has an elongated throwing motion and throws a terrible pass. 

The INT was a good play, but it wasn't some crazy athletic display of range. He moves up 5 1/2 yards laterally in 3 seconds. With the QB again starting down the WR the entire play.  

The first play at :29 the QB is starting down the WR from the snap. Paul Dawson effect. We're confusing athletic ability (in this case range) with him being aggressive and guessing well and therefore having a good start on the play. That play very well could have came back to bite him if the QB pulled back the ball and hit the WR that was about to be open in the middle of the field.

Same thing again for the 2nd play (1:44). QB stares down receiver. Also helps he has an elongated throwing motion and throws a terrible pass.

The INT was a good play, but it wasn't some crazy athletic display of range. He moves up 5 1/2 yards laterally in 3 seconds. With the QB again starting down the WR the entire play.

Some All-22 would help. I didn't think the QB tipped it that much.

The second one, yeah the ball should have been further outside. I think Collins still would have been able to make the play, based on where he ended up.

Assuming we don't go safety, I like Carl Davis, Owamagbe Odighizuwa, Eric Kendricks, T.J. Clemmings, Arik Armstead, and Kevin Johnson all at 29. 

Ohhh that is going to be a fun one to pronounce!

Watching him right now against Florida. If we do draft him, he'll definitely be a huge upgrade over Landry in the run game. Not only does he hit with power, but he gets low and wraps up consistently. 

Careful now.....

You just gave a compliment to a player you really don't like all that much....

You wouldn't want to give the wrong impression that maybe he's not so bad after all.... ?       :thmup:

(Just having a little fun with you....)