Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If this draft is comparable to the 2013 draft, the price for trading up to the middle of the 1st is....

Our 1st (29) and 3rd (93) round picks. That's what San Francisco gave to Dallas to move up (from 31 to 18) and select Eric Reid. It's also what New Orleans gave up to Arizona to move up to 20 in 2014. Not ground-breaking info. 

Would you be opposed to move up the middle of the 1st for a player like Malcom Brown, Marcus Peters, Danny Shelton, Bud Dupree, La'El Collins, ect...if the cost is just a 1st and a 3rd?

Our 1st (29) and 3rd (93) round picks. That's what San Francisco gave to Dallas to move up (from 31 to 18) and select Eric Reid. It's also what New Orleans gave up to Arizona to move up to 20 in 2014. Not ground-breaking info. 

Would you be opposed to move up the middle of the 1st for a player like Malcom Brown, Marcus Peters, Danny Shelton, Bud Dupree, La'El Collins, ect...if the cost is just a 1st and a 3rd?

would i do that trade to get Alvin Dupree? Heck yeah! get it done Grigs!!!

I bet one of those 5 will be available at 29.

I don't like anyone in the first round enough to do that deal. I'm probably being stubborn, but I don't think there's much difference between Brown/Shelton and Phillips/Davis. I like Peters, but I don't think there's much difference between him and PJ Williams. Not much difference between Collins and Clemmings, and Collins might have long term health issues with his knee. I don't like Dupree's tape, and probably wouldn't even want him at #29, although his athleticism is very intriguing. 

Maybe I'm overvaluing a late third rounder. But to me, it's about the difference in quality between the guys who will be there around #12-18 and the guys who will be there at #29. 

If I thought we should go after a first round receiver and we could get up to Kevin White, then I'd be all about it. He's probably the only top 20 guy that I'd want enough to move up. Or maybe Brandon Scherff. But they're both probably top 10 and out of range.

Wow, that's weird because I think PJ Williams is completely awful .

Nah, I disagree. He needs some refinement, but I like the way he covers. I could be wrong, of course.

To the point, though, Peters is better. I don't think I'd want to move up for him, though. And after what Grigson said about being burned by young knuckleheads, I don't think Peters is on his board. Maybe if he falls down to #61... Same for Paul Dawson.

Edit: Use Darby or Johnson instead of Williams. Same point.

I don't like anyone in the first round enough to do that deal. I'm probably being stubborn, but I don't think there's much difference between Brown/Shelton and Phillips/Davis. I like Peters, but I don't think there's much difference between him and PJ Williams. Not much difference between Collins and Clemmings, and Collins might have long term health issues with his knee. I don't like Dupree's tape, and probably wouldn't even want him at #29, although his athleticism is very intriguing. 

Maybe I'm overvaluing a late third rounder. But to me, it's about the difference in quality between the guys who will be there around #12-18 and the guys who will be there at #29. 

If I thought we should go after a first round receiver and we could get up to Kevin White, then I'd be all about it. He's probably the only top 20 guy that I'd want enough to move up. Or maybe Brandon Scherff. But they're both probably top 10 and out of range.

Collins?    Knee?

La'el Collins,  LSU?

A long-term knee issue is the first I've heard of this..... 

Can you elaborate?

Collins?    Knee?

La'el Collins,  LSU?

A long-term knee issue is the first I've heard of this..... 

Can you elaborate?

It's the first time you've heard of it because I made it up. 

I was thinking of Ereck Flowers. He had a meniscectomy done in October. Recovered well, and quickly, and that's great and all. But that usually has long term implications, because they've removed part of the fibro-cartilage in his knee. He's an offensive lineman; that's a lot of strain on the knee, and not a lot of cushioning.

So yeah, Flowers, not Collins. My bad.

1st and 3rd hmm

I'd only do it for Brown/Shelton.  Everyone else I see as not a big enough talent gap to trade up for.  I might "might" add Kendricks to this list as I think he's probably the most complete so on that alone he's sort of in a class of his own on the ILB's.  Then again I wouldn't mind just taking Perryman so I dunno... Tough question

I see a big difference between Brown/Shelton and Phillips/Davis.  I agree though on the CB I'd say there isn't a huge gap of talent between the top corners to trade up for one so taking at #29 will be remotely the same value.

I see a big difference between Brown/Shelton and Phillips/Davis.  I agree though on the CB I'd say there isn't a huge gap of talent between the top corners to trade up for one so taking at #29 will be remotely the same value.

Maybe. That's just my thinking. I'd have to feel like there's a difference between the guys that are available in that trade-up range and the guys that I hope will still be there at #29. 

Maybe. That's just my thinking. I'd have to feel like there's a difference between the guys that are available in that trade-up range and the guys that I hope will still be there at #29. 

Quick question though.  I'd say there is a clear separation from Kendricks to the other ILBs.  Do you see him as a value worth trading up for?  

Quick question though.  I'd say there is a clear separation from Kendricks to the other ILBs.  Do you see him as a value worth trading up for?  

He's one that I think will last to #29, so my inclination is to say no. But if it starts to look like you have to go up to #22-25 to get him, and you can do that and give up a third or a fourth, then maybe. (Think we could get a third or a fourth for Freeman?)

I think I'd rather just take one of the really nice prospects that is likely to still be there at #29, though.

He's one that I think will last to #29, so my inclination is to say no. But if it starts to look like you have to go up to #22-25 to get him, and you can do that and give up a third or a fourth, then maybe. (Think we could get a third or a fourth for Freeman?)

I think I'd rather just take one of the really nice prospects that is likely to still be there at #29, though.

Interesting thought on Freeman.  Yes I do think we could get a 3rd for him (solely based on previous production) but I don't think we'd get a deal before the draft...  Unless some team really likes him.  I wouldn't mind pulling it off though.  Freeman in my eyes is at the Mckinney/Perryman level so it would a good trade off value wise.  

I would if Grigson thinks that a NT, ILB or S could come in and make a big improvement this year but that's it.  This team is built to win now, so it either needs to be a big and immediate upgrade, or we need to keep the pick.  I think that Kendricks would be that guy, and would like to get him, but I think we would need to get in front of SF at 15, which might be too steep.