Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans appear to be frontrunners for Wilfork

If that were the case, he wouldn't have stayed in new england so long

Sure he would have. He was one of their highest paid defensive players back when he signed his second contract. They traded Seymour to pay Vince as they deemed his position more critical to their 3-4 defense.

Sure he would have. He was one of their highest paid defensive players back when he signed his second contract. They traded Seymour to pay Vince as they deemed his position more critical to their 3-4 defense.

He could have refused to restructure and went elsewhere and been over paid

Wilfork to Visit Houston

http://houseofhouston.com/2015/03/15/vince-wilfork-to-visit-houston-texans-today/

I don't see why some of you don't see the Texans as a possibility for Wilfork.  I don't see how it's any different from

when Ed Reed signed with the Texans at the end of his career.  If the money is right enough, there's

already a lot of familiarity with the staff, his agent lives in Houston, they already have a nice front 7, so it's believable enough to me that he would sign.  This is a team that almost made the playoffs last year with much of nothing on offense.  We are not talking about the Jaguars.

Wilfork to Visit Houston

http://houseofhouston.com/2015/03/15/vince-wilfork-to-visit-houston-texans-today/

I don't see why some of you don't see the Texans as a possibility for Wilfork.  I don't see how it's any different from

when Ed Reed signed with the Texans at the end of his career.  If the money is right enough, there's

already a lot of familiarity with the staff, his agent lives in Houston, they already have a nice front 7, so it's believable enough to me that he would sign.  This is a team that almost made the playoffs last year with much of nothing on offense.  We are not talking about the Jaguars.

I think maybe you're misunderstanding some of us. I just don't think he's a big favorite to go there if the Colts really do want him. No doubt that he's going there for his first visit makes Houston a strong possibility . I just think everything somewhat equal , including the money , he would probably sign with Indy. We really don't even know if the Colts covet him or if the talk is no more than rumor.

Remember hearing the Colts were offering all that guaranteed money to Fairley ? 

I think maybe you're misunderstanding some of us. I just don't think he's a big favorite to go there if the Colts really do want him. No doubt that he's going there for his first visit makes Houston a strong possibility . I just think everything somewhat equal , including the money , he would probably sign with Indy. We really don't even know if the Colts covet him or if the talk is no more than rumor.

Remember hearing the Colts were offering all that guaranteed money to Fairley ? 

I would say we aren't as high on bringing him here as Houston is.  I'm assuming that is why his first trip is Houston and not Indy. I haven't really even seen much showing that we have definite interest in the aquisition.  I can see where you are coming from though from a logical stand point. 

I would say we aren't as high on bringing him here as Houston is.  I'm assuming that is why his first trip is Houston and not Indy. I haven't really even seen much showing that we have definite interest in the aquisition.  I can see where you are coming from though from a logical stand point. 

Yeah no doubt the first trip is significant .. unless it's Reggie Bush visiting NE.

That's all we need is Wilfork going to the Texans. With JJ Watt on the Texans and Blount on the Titans, we have enough problems in the AFC South as it is. 

Dang, I was unaware that Blount signed with the Titans. Do they think that's what it takes to beat us? Not unless Blount wears a Patriots jersey. haha

In a rather surprising turn of events, the Houston Texans have gone from being considered the favorites by some to land Vince Wilfork to completely out of the running in a matter of days (even with Wilfork currently in town to visit the Texans), per a report from SportsRadio 610. On the air, the station elaborated that the differences came down to money – big Vince flat out wanted more than Bill O’Brien and Rick Smith were willing to pay.

http://www.battleredblog.com/2015/3/16/8225301/texans-out-of-vince-wilfork-sweepstakes

Looks like Big Vince wasn't stupid.  If you are going to play for  a team with no quarterback you better get paid well for doing so!

Well I have to admit I've been wrong before.....

Ahhh .. it made sense , especially if the Colts actually aren't interested in him. Anyway , the rumors connecting the Colts to D line guys were apparently just that... rumors . They had us interested in pot roast and Fairley and both guys signed on the cheap,

Anyway , that 2 day trip ended pretty abruptly for Houston and Wilfork

welp, Mike Wells just tweeted that he's been told Colts don't plan on meeting with Wilfork....so who knows now.

thats the vibe I've been getting is that the Colts are just not interested in Wilfork. We have seen if Grigson isn't shy about going after a guy he wants and the fact there have been zero reports saying the Colts are going after Wilfork told me he wasn't interested.

Dang, I was unaware that Blount signed with the Titans. Do they think that's what it takes to beat us? Not unless Blount wears a Patriots jersey. haha

He didn't... I'm not sure what that was in reference to. Blount's deal with NE last year was 2 seasons so he's back. 

Regarding Wilfork...

If no other team is going to pay him significantly more than NE will, he'll be back.

He didn't... I'm not sure what that was in reference to. Blount's deal with NE last year was 2 seasons so he's back. 

Regarding Wilfork...

If no other team is going to pay him significantly more than NE will, he'll be back.

Sorry. I just read a comment above and took it as Blount signed with the Titans. I didn't hear anything about it.

"That's all we need is Wilfork going to the Texans. With JJ Watt on the Texans and Blount on the Titans..."

Sorry. I just read a comment above and took it as Blount signed with the Titans. I didn't hear anything about it.

"That's all we need is Wilfork going to the Texans. With JJ Watt on the Texans and Blount on the Titans..."

I did a double-take and then checked the google just to make sure I didn't somehow miss it, lol...  haha

I let out a huge sigh of relief once the Texans secured him..  I'll admit, it would have stung pretty badly to see him go to a rival in the Colts and help them sure up their interior defensive line..  That would have been too much for me to handle... luckily the Texans stepped up and got it done..  Jets and Colts are teams that are off-limits for my favorite Pats players to run off to in FA.. any other team is fine, they just have to stay away from those 2.