Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tevin Coleman in the 2nd

would you take him if he was available? Pick up a RG in FA, Draft a guy on defense in the first and take Coleman in the 2nd. I would be pleased with this. From Mayock's analysis on NFL.com, he seems to be the exact opposite of trent richardson. A guy who is kinda impatient and hits the hole full speed extremely quickly.

Anyone that knows anything about the draft would take him in the 2nd as a Colts fan. He probably won't last that long though. He's the no1 RB in the draft IMO and I believe he will dominate in the NFL. He reminds me of a Matt Forte, Lesean Mccoy type RB that can break a big run for a td as well as catch the ball extremely well. If you spend a 2nd rounder to get him, it's not a bad thing at all. 

Anyone that knows anything about the draft would take him in the 2nd as a Colts fan. He probably won't last that long though. He's the no1 RB in the draft IMO and I believe he will dominate in the NFL. He reminds me of a Matt Forte, Lesean Mccoy type RB that can break a big run for a td as well as catch the ball extremely well. If you spend a 2nd rounder to get him, it's not a bad thing at all.

IU fan I'm guessing? Number 1 back in the draft? Bruh.

I'd love Tevin Coleman. I am especially intrigued by a potential Gore/Coleman backfield. But I think there are bigger holes on this team then RB, especially if we do indeed sign Gore, and with this especially deep draft class I think we should target a RB in the 3-4th round. Unless, Coleman falls to the 3rd, which is possible as he is not participating at the combine.  

IU fan I'm guessing? Number 1 back in the draft? Bruh.

I'm not a college fan at all to be honest. the only reason I pay any attention to it is to scout players for the NFL. I also am not afraid to go against popular opinion and voice my opinion even if it goes against the grain. I had Sheldon Richardson as my no1 overall pick in 2013 when I saw that play of him running 69 yards to chase down a rb in college. I had Khalil Mack over Clowney. I don't have homer mentality, especially when it comes to something as silly as a college that means nothing in the NFL. I do my own research.

When I think of great IU RBs I think of AT, Dunbar & now Coleman.

Hopefully Tevin is a far better pro than his predecessors. To my knowledge IU has rarely, if ever produced a capable NFL RB, at least in the common era.

He'll definitely have a lot riding on his pro day. Regardless, I don't like the thought of using one of our top 3 picks on a RB. I might be inclined in the 3rd if AA or Coleman slipped, but definitely not in the 2nd.

I really like Cobb in the 4th, or Allen & Johnson in the 5th.

When I think of great IU RBs I think of AT, Dunbar & now Coleman.

Hopefully Tevin is a far better pro than his predecessors. To my knowledge IU has rarely, if ever produced a capable NFL RB, at least in the common era.

He'll definitely have a lot riding on his pro day. Regardless, I don't like the thought of using one of our top 3 picks on a RB. I might be inclined in the 3rd if AA or Coleman slipped, but definitely not in the 2nd.

I really like Cobb in the 4th, or Allen & Johnson in the 5th.

I heard Coleman might not compete in the combine because of a foot injury. I actually wouldn't mind if that were the case. It would make him fall on a lot of teams boards and that would be a scenario where he could be a 3rd round pick for us. Cobb in the 4th would be great, but I see him as a 3rd rounder. Our main problem is where we pick in every round. We are either reaching a bit if we choose an rb, or we need a little luck and hope one falls to us. I like the rbs you are mentioning though.

Darren McFadden 2.0

That would definitely be a possibility as I have heard the comparisions, but it's unlikely IMO. Darren Mcfadden also had a bunch of injury history that hurt his career. I don't know how much that specifically ruined it, but I know it played a big part in it. I see Coleman as a Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy type. I'll make you a friendly bet on this and you save this post and we'll see who eats crow later.

That would definitely be a possibility as I have heard the comparisions, but it's unlikely IMO. Darren Mcfadden also had a bunch of injury history that hurt his career. I don't know how much that specifically ruined it, but I know it played a big part in it. I see Coleman as a Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy type. I'll make you a friendly bet on this and you save this post and we'll see who eats crow later.

I just see him as a player who people will be intrigued in (especially Hoosiers) for his speed and college production but I can see how people compare him to Darren McFadden. It wasn't just injuries with McFadden, it was the inability to break tackles and find holes and that's what I see in Coleman. I'll take the bet though.

I just see him as a player who people will be intrigued in (especially Hoosiers) for his speed and college production but I can see how people compare him to Darren McFadden. It wasn't just injuries with McFadden, it was the inability to break tackles and find holes and that's what I see in Coleman. I'll take the bet though.

Interestingly enough, from what I've seen on Coleman so far, the times he can't break tackles are in short yardage situations. He seems to do well otherwise, but I haven't watched a ton of tape yet. I disagree on finding holes though. He seems to find them very well from what I've seen and his vision is a huge strength (something trent lacked big time). I hope we can see him at the combine and pro day. If we get him, we get him, if not, I hope whatever RB we get works out. Good Luck on that bet!

That sounds like a huge generalization to use on a whole conference for one position. I don't watch college football though, so I can't agree or disagree 100%.

Well in general B1G teams have good OL and their RBs can sometimes not learn how to hit a hole properly because it's there so long. It is a bad reason to avoid a player though.

Look at the top 50 rushers in NFL history I believe the Big Ten produced exactly 1 Eddie George maybe it just a coincidence you may find Ahman Green while Nebraska was Big 8

That's interesting. I hope the tides turns then. I watched college football one year (forgot the exact year). It was the year houston and one other team went undefeated. Houston was tied for the best record and didn't go to the national championship which really upset me. Ever since then, I've been unable to take college football seriously or have any passion for it. Sorry to go off subject, just stating my reason for a lack of knowledge on college football. I do trust Grigson to make the right choice at rb, the draft is his (matt) forte.

Lots of first round busts Michael Benbett TY Wheatley Ron Dayne Tim Biabatakbutuka??

Really Eddie George is the only NFL RB the big 10 has produced.

Power Conference watch MG3 the next Montae Ball. You really think IU is sitting on the next big thing in Foitball?

Ugh, those traits sound like Trent R. Ick

I'm not a college fan at all to be honest. the only reason I pay any attention to it is to scout players for the NFL. I also am not afraid to go against popular opinion and voice my opinion even if it goes against the grain. I had Sheldon Richardson as my no1 overall pick in 2013 when I saw that play of him running 69 yards to chase down a rb in college. I had Khalil Mack over Clowney. I don't have homer mentality, especially when it comes to something as silly as a college that means nothing in the NFL. I do my own research.

CAPTAIN HINDSIGHT FOR THE WIN! I CAN'T WAIT TO CATCH YOUR HOT TAKE ON WHO THE BEST PLAYER IN THIS DRAFT IS AT THIS TIME NEXT YEAR!!!

CAPTAIN HINDSIGHT FOR THE WIN! I CAN'T WAIT TO CATCH YOUR HOT TAKE ON WHO THE BEST PLAYER IN THIS DRAFT IS AT THIS TIME NEXT YEAR!!!

Wow, what a loser, having to troll right when he wakes up in the morning. I bet I could pick a random name out of a hat and he'd do better than someone you suggest. Let me guess, Leonard Williams will be the best player in the draft in your view, and you'll say it because the majority said it. At least I can think for myself, I don't have to be a leech and if I'm wrong, i can take it. So keep absorbing info from the draft experts, you don't have the capability to comprehend actual ability on your own.

Wow, what a loser, having to troll right when he wakes up in the morning. I bet I could pick a random name out of a hat and he'd do better than someone you suggest. Let me guess, Leonard Williams will be the best player in the draft in your view, and you'll say it because the majority said it. At least I can think for myself, I don't have to be a leech and if I'm wrong, i can take it. So keep absorbing info from the draft experts, you don't have the capability to comprehend actual ability on your own.

A little early for name calling isn't it? I don't know who will be the best player in this draft. A lot of it depends on how a player fits into a scheme, coaching and the stability of management. I'll guarantee you right now it won't be Tevin Coleman though.

Abdullah is the better Back out of him and Coleman

I'd go so far as to say David Cobb is better than Coleman because Cobb is exactly what teams who like power runners are looking for. He can bounce off and break tackles and is an every down back. Coleman I feel will be as good as his offensive line is. He doesn't create his own yards or holes.

I'd touch Coleman in the 3rd round or later.

I don't see Lashon Mcoy with him at all.  Coleman is a straight line speed runner with very few moves, while Mcoy is a bit of a slasher and cutback kind of player.  The way Coleman runs to me is similar to Robert Smith who played for the Vikings when Randall Cunningham was there. Or maybe even similar to Eric Dickerson.  Just my opinion.

People don't talk about it a lot because IU mostly ran the football because of their sorry quarterback situation, but I think there's a lot of stuff you could do with Coleman in the passing game.  Very similar to some of the things we did with E. James I believe.  They didn't throw the ball a whole lot to coleman but some of the stuff I saw made me feel like he is natural at catching and securing the football if we involved him more in that area.  With practice I believe you could even get him involved on some deep routes as well.

Lots of first round busts Michael Benbett TY Wheatley Ron Dayne Tim Biabatakbutuka??

Really Eddie George is the only NFL RB the big 10 has produced.

Power Conference watch MG3 the next Montae Ball. You really think IU is sitting on the next big thing in Foitball?

Leveon Bell is a top 3 RB right now

I don't see Lashon Mcoy with him at all.  Coleman is a straight line speed runner with very few moves, while Mcoy is a bit of a slasher and cutback kind of player.  The way Coleman runs to me is similar to Robert Smith who played for the Vikings when Randall Cunningham was there. Or maybe even similar to Eric Dickerson.  Just my opinion.

Bingo! This dude has no elusiveness whatsoever, very stiff IMO. Hes a straight line runner which wont cut it. You've got to make someone miss (Gordon/Abdullah) or make someone afraid to tackle you (Gurley) and he doesnt possess either trait.

Bingo! This dude has no elusiveness whatsoever, very stiff IMO. Hes a straight line runner which wont cut it. You've got to make someone miss (Gordon/Abdullah) or make someone afraid to tackle you (Gurley) and he doesnt possess either trait.

There's some things to be desired in his running style, but I think he made too many plays with little help from his sorry team mates for me to think he can't be special.  You can already see that he's fast from the film, but I think he's one of those types that is so fast that it's more difficult than people think to close in on him once he makes a cut.

I think the more carries you give the guy he'll eventually pop a couple of big runs out on you.

I don't think you have to be all that elusive with the right type of schemed runs.  You just make your cut and get North and South quickly.  I don't think Arian Foster is all that elusive, he just finds the hole quickly and plants his foot with authority faster than people can get to him.  Terrell Davis to me was the same with Denver.  I think Coleman could do the same if we use him properly.