Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

First rumor

gnet550

Remember,  the rumor is "if the price is reasonable..."

Free agent prices are rarely reasonable....   especially if you're the top at your spot.

I think guard Andy Levitre left Buffalo to go to Tennessee for 5/40.     If Iupoti tries for that and doesn't budge,  I don't think we go shopping down that isle...

Incarcerated Bob has a documented history of creating rumors himself to keep his name circulating and getting points in the sports media world. You should not go by anything he says. 

Read this article and it will give you another side of the story.

http://davidpurdumsports.com/2013/06/11/what-happened-when-i-tried-to-interview-incarcerated-bob/

Incarcerated Bob has a documented history of creating rumors himself to keep his name circulating and getting points in the sports media world. You should not go by anything he says. 

Read this article and it will give you another side of the story.

http://davidpurdumsports.com/2013/06/11/what-happened-when-i-tried-to-interview-incarcerated-bob/

Incarcerated Bob is the lowest of low sports intel and TBQH... a swindler.

One more opinion, but about Lupati, not incarcerated Bob. Two years ago when Tennessee signed Buffalo G Levitre, they set a very high market price, one which Lupati will probably benefit greatly from. I too liked Levitre, and thought we should have gone after him considering how bad our line was 2 years ago. He has been a disaster for Tenn. and they are probably going to cut him considering the 8.6M cap hit he has. They will have a good bit of dead money, but his contract is structured so releasing him right now, and doing it as a June 1st cut makes sense.

I bring this up for two reasons. Lupati is going to be looking for the same kind of money in free agency. 8M for a guard is a lot. Last year I thought Lupati in FA this year would be great to go after. After this year, I don't feel quite the same. First off he had a bad year. Hey it happens, and overall he has been really good. The second thing though that worries me is in FA, you have to go after people that fit your scheme. This is where teams who spend big in FA make the mistake. FA are for teams who have a few holes to plug, and the players fit the scheme. I believe SF is a zone blocking run scheme, so would he fit her in Indy? I don't know. I like him overall, but after the year he had, SF's running scheme, and the money he will cost, I am on the fence. I believe the money could be spent in better places, but I still would not be upset if he came here. He would still be an upgrade I believe, possibly a huge upgrade. At what cost though. Just some thoughts to consider.

One more opinion, but about Lupati, not incarcerated Bob. Two years ago when Tennessee signed Buffalo G Levitre, they set a very high market price, one which Lupati will probably benefit greatly from. I too liked Levitre, and thought we should have gone after him considering how bad our line was 2 years ago. He has been a disaster for Tenn. and they are probably going to cut him considering the 8.6M cap hit he has. They will have a good bit of dead money, but his contract is structured so releasing him right now, and doing it as a June 1st cut makes sense.

I bring this up for two reasons. Lupati is going to be looking for the same kind of money in free agency. 8M for a guard is a lot. Last year I thought Lupati in FA this year would be great to go after. After this year, I don't feel quite the same. First off he had a bad year. Hey it happens, and overall he has been really good. The second thing though that worries me is in FA, you have to go after people that fit your scheme. This is where teams who spend big in FA make the mistake. FA are for teams who have a few holes to plug, and the players fit the scheme. I believe SF is a zone blocking run scheme, so would he fit her in Indy? I don't know. I like him overall, but after the year he had, SF's running scheme, and the money he will cost, I am on the fence. I believe the money could be spent in better places, but I still would not be upset if he came here. He would still be an upgrade I believe, possibly a huge upgrade. At what cost though. Just some thoughts to consider.

49ers run a similar scheme....lots of pulling, except they are successful at it

Can't you say this about any free agent?  If the price is decent, the Colts will pursue Revis/Maclin/Iupati/Orlando Franklin/any free agent possible?  "If the price is decent" is the key qualifier; I think any team would pursue any free agent if the price is decent.  Of course, "decent" is subjective

Where did this Marcel Dareus trade rumor come from that I saw in the twittersphere yesterday?

It was a recommendation made by a writer for the website, Football Outsiders.   ESPN picked it up...   now others are picking it up...  that's how rumors get spread....

It's just from the imagination of one writer.....      that's all.    No worries....