Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Encroachment at End

AndreRison

Did anybody else notice the center nodded his head down before the encroachment? I'm pretty sure that should been a false start.

All centers do it, rarely called. He lifted his head so that he can see who is lined up against him. It is not like he moved his shoulders or anything. Weak sauce.

Brady said it was the first time he was able to do the count with voice. The whole game was a silent count. I guess the 12th man (or men) were there the whole game.

So what you are saying is #12 beat the 12th man? ;)

BTW, what irony that the SB last year began with crowd noise that caused the quick snap/safety and this year's game ended with Brady calling out the signal because it was quiet at the end even though he was back up against the goal line.

BTW, what irony that the SB last year began with crowd noise that caused the quick snap/safety and this year's game ended with Brady calling out the signal because it was quiet at the end even though he was back up against the goal line.

Here's your Gold Star :mindblow:

Yeah I guess he did beat the 12th ;)

Good pick up on the irony- I had forgotten that one.

Was the noise just when the pats were on O ? Were their more Seattle fans?

I thought I heard noise when Seattle was on O but as much?

Yeah I guess he did beat the 12th ;)

Good pick up on the irony- I had forgotten that one.

Was the noise just when the pats were on O ? Were their more Seattle fans?

I thought I heard noise when Seattle was on O but as much?

Rough estimates had the Seattle fans outnumbering the Pats 10 to 1. Makes sense given we are all getting buried here under the snow and the flight is longer and more expensive. Brady said he was going on a silent count all game as they knew how loud the Hawks fans would be. He said on that last play, he did the hard count and it drew them so my guess is it was quiet given the Hawks fans were in shock that the pick happened the play before to basically end the game.

Rough estimates had the Seattle fans outnumbering the Pats 10 to 1. Makes sense given we are all getting buried here under the snow and the flight is longer and more expensive. Brady said he was going on a silent count all game as they knew how loud the Hawks fans would be. He said on that last play, he did the hard count and it drew them so my guess is it was quiet given the Hawks fans were in shock that the pick happened the play before to basically end the game.

wow- 10:1

Not sure of the snow because people had to have their plans to go in advance.

All centers do it, rarely called. He lifted his head so that he can see who is lined up against him. It is not like he moved his shoulders or anything. Weak sauce.

actually If you watch it again, he does lift his head. I'm not talking about that. After the headlift, he's still for a sec. He then dips his head way down in a fast motion. It definately shoulda been called a false start.

Brady said it was the first time he was able to do the count with voice. The whole game was a silent count. I guess the 12th man (or men) were there the whole game.

The "12th man" was in the bathroom trying to see through his tears long enough to slit his wrist. 

The "12th man" was in the bathroom trying to see through his tears long enough to slit his wrist. 

From the Seahawk's website: 

© Seattle Seahawks 2013. All rights reserved. ® SEAHAWKS, SEAHAWKS LOGO, SPIRIT OF 12, WE ARE 12, BRING THE ON THE 12S, LEGION OF BOOM, 12 and 12S are trademarks of the Seattle Seahawks. ® The term 12th MAN is a trademark of Texas A & M University and its use is pursuant to a license agreement with the university.

You're really trying to find ways to discount the Pats' win, aren't you?

No a false start doesn't get the Seahawks a win, so they woulda won that game anyway.

I'll leave the discounting the Patriots to Jerry Rice, Marshall Faulk, Kurt Warner, Mark Brunell, and the man officially known as "The British" because all he does is kill the Patriots Eli Manning.

Just think Eli Manning single handedly took away Brady's immortal status, by out playing Brady in both Superbowls in which they faced one another.

No a false start doesn't get the Seahawks a win, so they woulda won that game anyway.

I'll leave the discounting the Patriots to Jerry Rice, Marshall Faulk, Kurt Warner, Mark Brunell, and the man officially known as "The British" because all he does is kill the Patriots Eli Manning.

Just think Eli Manning single handedly took away Brady's immortal status, by out playing Brady in both Superbowls in which they faced one another.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while...many quarterbacks are capable of going on a 'magical' 4 game win streak. You're right, Eli did it twice...but I guess we lowly Pats fans can take solice in the fact that Brady now has twice the number of Championships than Eli, four times the number of Championships as Peyton, and if you put them both together, they STILL haven't played in the big game as many times as Tom.

It's the sustained excellence, both in the regular season AND postseason, that gives him immortality. And I'm sorry to tell you, but as much as you want to think otherwise, his legacy is secure...and it's right at the top.

But please, hate on. It's 'clear' that credibility is important to you... ... ...

That's correct.  The announcers on Westwood One radio network actually called the play.  As they came to huddle, the announcers mentioned that they expected Brady to Hard count and draw an encroachment penalty.  And in doing so, that would have been the first time all game Brady went on a voice count. The fact the Seahawk's still fell for it makes me laugh and shake my head.

Posted · Hidden by -JJ-, February 4, 2015 - inflamatory
Hidden by -JJ-, February 4, 2015 - inflamatory

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while...many quarterbacks are capable of going on a 'magical' 4 game win streak. You're right, Eli did it twice...but I guess we lowly Pats fans can take solice in the fact that Brady now has twice the number of Championships than Eli, four times the number of Championships as Peyton, and if you put them both together, they STILL haven't played in the big game as many times as Tom.

It's the sustained excellence, both in the regular season AND postseason, that gives him immortality. And I'm sorry to tell you, but as much as you want to think otherwise, his legacy is secure...and it's right at the top.

But please, hate on. It's 'clear' that credibility is important to you... ... ...

Is there not a patriots web site that you can go spew your love for your boy ,I feel like your team is a bunch of cheaters and im sure I will be proven right so yes he has won some super bowls but how many did he win fair and square   

Posted · Hidden by -JJ-, February 4, 2015 - quote above post
Hidden by -JJ-, February 4, 2015 - quote above post

Is there not a patriots web site that you can go spew your love for your boy ,I feel like your team is a bunch of cheaters and im sure I will be proven right so yes he has won some super bowls but how many did he win fair and square

There is...but I'd rather stay here and 'spew' facts in response to a poster who's desperately trying to find any reason he can to undermine the champions.

That's correct.  The announcers on Westwood One radio network actually called the play.  As they came to huddle, the announcers mentioned that they expected Brady to Hard count and draw an encroachment penalty.  And in doing so, that would have been the first time all game Brady went on a voice count. The fact the Seahawk's still fell for it makes me laugh and shake my head.

Not only that but apparently when Brady went to BB on the TO BB said "don't F it up" in reference to drawing him off sides and also the play to get it out of the endzone.

I don't hate Brady, then that would be my problem. I just don't buy into the greatest ever talk. He's been beat by Eli Manning twice. He got outplayed both times. Eli has had no problem beating the Patriots. My thinking is Tom Coughlin was smart enough not to let the Patriots steal his game plan. Peyton Manning has choked in some big games, but the biggest choke of all time was when Brady choked in that undefeated season. I'm sure if Belichick could have a do over, he would rest some guys at the end of the regular season. You could clearly see in the Superbowl Brady was a little tired. Eli on the other hand played great.

I don't hate Brady, then that would be my problem. I just don't buy into the greatest ever talk. He's been beat by Eli Manning twice. He got outplayed both times. Eli has had no problem beating the Patriots. My thinking is Tom Coughlin was smart enough not to let the Patriots steal his game plan. Peyton Manning has choked in some big games, but the biggest choke of all time was when Brady choked in that undefeated season. I'm sure if Belichick could have a do over, he would rest some guys at the end of the regular season. You could clearly see in the Superbowl Brady was a little tired. Eli on the other hand played great.

Eli had " no problem"?

What kind of ridiculous statement is that?!

He won those two games by a combined 8 points! Both thanks to extraordinary catches by Tyree and Manningham.

Man, learn your NFL history.

Eli had " no problem"?

What kind of ridiculous statement is that?!

He won those two games by a combined 8 points! Both thanks to extraordinary catches by Tyree and Manningham.

Man, learn your NFL history.

Well, to be fair,  Eli was the SB MVP  both times.  

Yes, if not for those incredible, twice in a lifetime catches, it might not have happened.  But like Brady,  he drove his team down the field on game winning drives, and thanks to some miracle catches by teammates was awarded the game MVP.

Well, to be fair, Eli was the SB MVP both times.

Yes, if not for those incredible, twice in a lifetime catches, it might not have happened. But like Brady, he drove his team down the field on game winning drives, and thanks to some miracle catches by teammates was awarded the game MVP.

Oh, agreed. But someone posted above that Eli beat the Patriots easily.

Oh, agreed. But someone posted above that Eli beat the Patriots easily.

Well, that certainly was not true, was it...???  

We have seen some incredible endings to Super Bowls this past decade.   

You couldn't make this stuff up.  :)

Hey look, everyone has an opinion, and that's great. What we're looking for though is just a little consistency...an example: you claim that someone can't be the greatest of all time if he got beat a few times and outplayed a few times. Yet earlier in the decade when Peyton was regularly getting beat and outplayed by Brady, 100% of the Colts fanbase were adamant that he was the greatest of all time. There was literally no room for discussion in the minds of his defenders. Even when it turned out that it wasnt 'just' the Patriots, but any team after January that played the Colts would regularly beat them, that wasnt enough to persuade anybody that he wasnt the best to ever play.

Everyone has an opinion, but all it takes is a little consistency to have credibility.

Well, that certainly was not true, was it...???  

We have seen some incredible endings to Super Bowls this past decade.   

You couldn't make this stuff up.   :)

As much as you guys hate the Patriots, it might be time to start rooting for them to at least make the Superbowl every year if the Colts do not, because they sure do play some entertaining games in February!!! It really is crazy, but if you were to compile a top 10 Superbowl list, I bet the games with the Patriots would probably be in 5 of them!

As much as you guys hate the Patriots, it might be time to start rooting for them to at least make the Superbowl every year if the Colts do not, because they sure do play some entertaining games in February!!! It really is crazy, but if you were to compile a top 10 Superbowl list, I bet the games with the Patriots would probably be in 5 of them!

haha   rooting for them to make the SB is probably not in my DNA.  :P

But I do agree with you, there's have been amongst the most exciting,  no matter what the outcome. :)

He's been beat by Eli Manning twice. He got outplayed both times. Eli has had no problem beating the Patriots. 

In reality, Brady didn't do much of anything different versus the Seahawks than he did against the Giants both times. In all three games, the Patriots' offense left the field very late in the game with the lead. The Giants pulled off a couple of game-winning drives and Seattle came within a yard of doing the same thing. The only change really is that the defense got a stop this time (albeit barely) at the end.

I personally think Brady played better on Sunday than he did in the previous two SBs, but the two INTs hurt, and could have made the difference in the game. But they all had eerily similar endings, in my opinion. 

I understand hating on Brady, but at this point the bashing is a little surprising, because quite frankly the conversation is over. He's the best of his generation, assuming you define "best" by someone having the most success and being the most accomplished among his peers. 

Yes, the entertainment factor is pretty great when the Patriots play in the SB.

I'm new to the Board and live in NYC.  

In today's NYTimes, there's an article on the Sports Page entitled "10 Most Painful Losses in Super Bowl History." (I don't think I'm allowed to post links yet as a new poster or I would, but just go to the Times web page, click on sports and you can find it).

Anyway, the Patriots figure in three of the ten:

# 9: 2002 when they beat the 14 point favorite Rams on a walk-off Vinatieri FG.

#3: 2008 when they lose on the Tyree Catch

#2: Sunday's game when they almost lose on the Kearse Catch and then win on The Pick.

So out of 50 games, they figure in three of the most memorable endings.

I agree.  I always thought that the Patriots were wearing down at the end of that season and they would have been better off losing a game (or two) in December.  I remember watching them have to battle to beat the Giants to go 18--0 and they were out of emotional gas by the SB.  

In reality, Brady didn't do much of anything different versus the Seahawks than he did against the Giants both times. In all three games, the Patriots' offense left the field very late in the game with the lead. The Giants pulled off a couple of game-winning drives and Seattle came within a yard of doing the same thing. The only change really is that the defense got a stop this time (albeit barely) at the end.

I personally think Brady played better on Sunday than he did in the previous two SBs, but the two INTs hurt, and could have made the difference in the game. But they all had eerily similar endings, in my opinion. 

I understand hating on Brady, but at this point the bashing is a little surprising, because quite frankly the conversation is over. He's the best of his generation, assuming you define "best" by someone having the most success and being the most accomplished among his peers. 

I never have liked the QB debates, GOAT debates and comparisons and you know where my loyalties lay,  but credit where credit is due.

It is hard to deny what Brady has accomplished in his career, and what the Pats as a team have accomplished.

I never have liked the QB debates, GOAT debates and comparisons and you know where my loyalties lay,  but credit where credit is due.

It is hard to deny what Brady has accomplished in his career, and what the Pats as a team have accomplished.

I agree, it's silly. That's why, my opinion aside, you won't find me bashing Brady's rivals very much, if at all.  ;)

I don't expect those who hated him to start giving him love and props... but it's surprising to see that some people still won't give him his due. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. 

To be fair, they really lucked out at the end.

One could easily say that Seattle got lucky to even be on that position at the end. I mean, how often does a ball get tipped, the receiver falls down and the ball lands on his shin and pops back up to his hands?

But hey, that's football!

One could easily say that Seattle got lucky to even be on that position at the end. I mean, how often does a ball get tipped, the receiver falls down and the ball lands on his shin and pops back up to his hands?

But hey, that's football!

I said at the end.  

Seattle had it in the bag and blew it because of a stupid call.  

The interception was luckier than that catch because it ended the game when it was almost certain Seattle was going to win.  

Disclaimer: I didn't even watch the game. Saw a replay of the final SEA play.