Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kendrick's Perryman are the same as freeman height and weight .. I think the colts want to go a different direction someone like McKinney or maybe David Harris in FA . The most important thing is to fix the D line . And then the O-line we need a center an a right guard . This is a great year for FA a lot of steals this year

Kendrick's Perryman are the same as freeman height and weight .. I think the colts want to go a different direction someone like McKinney or maybe David Harris in FA . The most important thing is to fix the D line . And then the O-line we need a center an a right guard . This is a great year for FA a lot of steals this year

1: DL

2: LB:

3: Safety:

4: Right side of line

5: RB

6: Catching receivers

7: Corner depth

For me,  the needs have to start on both lines....   when we lose,  we're losing the line of scrimmage.   Pagano said as much after Sunday's loss.

So,  we need help on the OL,  the DL,  and at Safety.    We also need an ILB.   And we'll be drafting a RB as well.   I suspect we'd like to draft a WR if possible.

That's 6 different needs at this point.   More than enough.   

For me, the needs have to start on both lines.... when we lose, we're losing the line of scrimmage. Pagano said as much after Sunday's loss.

So, we need help on the OL, the DL, and at Safety. We also need an ILB. And we'll be drafting a RB as well. I suspect we'd like to draft a WR if possible.

That's 6 different needs at this point. More than enough.

I agree the lines need to be addressed

I think our greatest area of need is to stop the run--that is the area where oppositions did the most damage.  Second greatest need is the right side of the OL--we need to protect Andrew Luck, and create opportunities for the running game (as for TRich, I think if he stays, we should use him as a Full Back--he's blocking is solid).  We need to add depth to our DB to partner Vontae Davis (I think he was probably our most improved player this year).  We also need to prepare for that time in a year or so when Reggie Wayne retires (TY and Moncrief, along with Fleener and Allen will form a strong basis for the receiving game for many years, but we still need someone extra}.

Fill "needs" with FA and draft BPA !!

We don't have the cap to fill all of our needs with talented players. If we just fill the roster because we want to draft BPA then we end up with position groups that are sub par (see our safeties). We can fill a few holes in FA with some solid players while still giving us money to put towards keeping Luck, Hilton, Costanzo, Fleener, Allen next year. That being said, we will still need to use the draft to fill a few more.

If you overextend yourself in FA you end up losing core players and we have a solid core to work with right now. We are past the point where low level Free Agents will help our team get over that hump. We need a few solid players, which means paying for them or developing them through the draft. We want to create a team that can compete and win for years, not a Dallas Cowboy type team that always seems to be right at the edge of the cap, forced to choose which core players they need to keep.

We don't have the cap to fill all of our needs with talented players. If we just fill the roster because we want to draft BPA then we end up with position groups that are sub par (see our safeties). We can fill a few holes in FA with some solid players while still giving us money to put towards keeping Luck, Hilton, Costanzo, Fleener, Allen next year. That being said, we will still need to use the draft to fill a few more.

If you overextend yourself in FA you end up losing core players and we have a solid core to work with right now. We are past the point where low level Free Agents will help our team get over that hump. We need a few solid players, which means paying for them or developing them through the draft. We want to create a team that can compete and win for years, not a Dallas Cowboy type team that always seems to be right at the edge of the cap, forced to choose which core players they need to keep.

Drafting BPA dosent mean it won't fill a "need", reaching in the draft to fill a need will certainly kill a team. I remember the year Reggie was drafted, We "needed" a CB really bad but Polian went BPA and you see the results. Now, I am not going to say that every BPA is going to have a hall of fame carrer or even turn out to really be the BPA (see Trich). The draft can be a crap shoot so you try to get the best player you think is on the board.

Drafting BPA dosent mean it won't fill a "need", reaching in the draft to fill a need will certainly kill a team. I remember the year Reggie was drafted, We "needed" a CB really bad but Polian went BPA and you see the results. Now, I am not going to say that every BPA is going to have a hall of fame carrer or even turn out to really be the BPA (see Trich). The draft can be a crap shoot so you try to get the best player you think is on the board.

I agree that we shouldn't be reaching on players. I was more concerned with us trying to fill our RG, RB, WR, and every position group on Defense with quality players in Free Agency. 

There is no order of needs for this draft. But ILB, Safety, DE, and NT are all things we need to address. You can't write off the team potentially taking a guy like Kendricks. Plus we've invested a lot into the line in the draft, whereas we have really neglected the D-Line and Safeties. Mike Adams was great this season but he's on the wrong side of 30 so he'll play one more season at most then leave.

We absolutely have to address both the D Line and O Line, its the main priority as a few others have already said. So here are our needs. Guard, RB ,WR, NT, DT/DE, OLB, ILB, FS, and depth at CB. We can take care of 3 or 4 through the draft, but I feel we need to look to Free Agency for a solid Guard.

My thoughts are both lines for sure. if we can protect Andrew and run the ball we can keep the D fresh. A DE and ILB and a safety would be great and I think we can get some help in FA. We will need a WR soon and I think the draft is the only way for a WR and this year they are plentiful. My preference in order would be either best DE, OL or WR, whichever is best player at their position in the first three spots. Then ILB, OLB and S as the best player in that order.Next two would be BPA period. Some of this would change depending on who we pick up if any in FA.

Drafting for need is an insanely stupid strategy, you don't draft some bum D Lineman who cant stay on the field for more then a few snaps at a time just because D Line is a need, This also goes for Safety and RG, you don't draft some bum because of need, you draft BPA, We DID NOT get all the way to the AFC Championship game because we have all our needs filled.

Drafting for need is an insanely stupid strategy, you don't draft some bum D Lineman who cant stay on the field for more then a few snaps at a time just because D Line is a need, This also goes for Safety and RG, you don't draft some bum because of need, you draft BPA, We DID NOT get all the way to the AFC Championship game because we have all our needs filled.

To be fair you could argue we didn't make the super bowl because we did not fill all of our needs. We are weak in some areas and not addressing them properly has hurt us.

I think we need a guy at NT with a similar skill set as Brandon Wiliams with Baltimore.  I believe he was really who we were shooting for in the same draft we picked up Montori Hughes,  but the Ravens snatched him up very close at the point we were about to pick.  We need a massive guy who can command double teams, and put good pressure on the pocket.  Williams can do pass or run at a really good level.

I think we need a guy at NT with a similar skill set as Brandon Wiliams with Baltimore.  I believe he was really who we were shooting for in the same draft we picked up Montori Hughes,  but the Ravens snatched him up very close at the point we were about to pick.  We need a massive guy who can command double teams, and put good pressure on the pocket.  Williams can do pass or run at a really good level.

Damon Harrison, Jets ?

Damon Harrison, Jets ?

I'd have to study him to know more.  I do think we are going to need another nose man and a DE.

Some people have been talking up Potroast Knighton but I'm not sure of his fit in a 3-4.  I will have

to give more thought on that one.  I will say the Broncos normally had a very good front against the

run with him in there.  Maybe him and 2 or 3 young bucks in the draft.  We need some diciplined

guys with size down there in the trenches I know that.  Guys who can play the right run fits, and execute

the proper techniques to seal those holes up.

I'd have to study him to know more.  I do think we are going to need another nose man and a DE.

Some people have been talking up Potroast Knighton but I'm not sure of his fit in a 3-4.  I will have

to give more thought on that one.  I will say the Broncos normally had a very good front against the

run with him in there.  Maybe him and 2 or 3 young bucks in the draft.  We need some diciplined

guys with size down there in the trenches I know that.  Guys who can play the right run fits, and execute

the proper techniques to seal those holes up.

Agreed

I would love Shelton but chances are hes gonein the top 15. Never know though, there is always those few guys who slide. If not him though I like Phillips from Oklahoma. And then if Perryman or Kendricks slid to us in the 2nd somehow that would be awesome!!! Highly unlikely though.

The right guard might just be Thornton.    Or not.

not not not.  Holmes best one did play their when he did,  rest play rg sucked. reason running and passing game suffer..  rt show up 60% time whole season due too injury.  a need at rt.   this year OT's  suck  but great news be best OT's  draft in 2016  

Laken Tomlinson, G, Duke 
Height: 6-3. Weight: 330. 
Projected 40 Time: 5.18. 
Projected Round (2015): 3-5. 

1/17/15: Tomlinson blocked well for Duke in 2014. He is a strong run-blocker who has to improve his pass protection for the NFL. Sources have said that Tomlinson received a grade well into Day 3, but the team that likes him enough to ultimately draft him could end up taking him on Day 2. 

best draft classes for guards  7 top picks in this class.