Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have blocked Chudzinski from all of his interview requests - Rapoport

B-B

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are people acting like the colts have to wait for Pep to get a coaching job somewhere else?  Can't they just fire him if they wanted to?

Pep was hired before chud.  Who knows, if Chud was available at the time, maybe he would have been hired instead of Pep. 

Either way, I like the assertive attitude Grigs is displaying in not allowing Chud to be interviewed.

The probably could but then most likely they would be responsible for paying all or a portion of his remaining contract.  If he leaves for a HC job then they don't have to pay him anything additional.

Alabama is open assuming Lane Kiffin takes the job for the 49ers

Pep would work perfectly there. Determined to run the ball, Alabama has the oline for Pep

Ah...there has been a lot of speculation on this board about Pep leaving, but nothing more than just general wishful thinking.

That's the first thing I've heard that actually makes sense. 

Exactly.  Pep was just a convenient "Rooney Rule" interviewee.

He was interviewed by the Reggie McKenzie immediately following the Bengals game.  Reggie flew here to Indy in order to meet with Pep during a very small window of opportunity.  How was that "convenient"?  

The Colts cannot block Head Coach interviews...anything below that, they can.

...and they wouldn't be blocking anything without first checking with Chud.

Apparently Chud is very valuable working with the offense...more valuable than Pep...

...which raises the question "Why the Heck is Pep still the OC?".

YOU are the only one that's said Chud is more valuable than Pep.

Alabama is open assuming Lane Kiffin takes the job for the 49ers

Pep would work perfectly there. Determined to run the ball, Alabama has the oline for Pep

Ah...there has been a lot of speculation on this board about Pep leaving, but nothing more than just general wishful thinking.

That's the first thing I've heard that actually makes sense. 

Unless the Colts fire Pep, I highly doubt he leaves a pro OC job for a college OC job. 

The thread is about Chud, but just another thought on Pep.  I think he has the calm, cerebral demeanor that you want in a HC, I just don't know if he has the managerial experience or is particularly innovative.

I suppose ATL could still be interested, but are they reported to be waiting for one of the SEA assistants?

Unless the Colts fire Pep, I highly doubt he leaves a pro OC job for a college OC job. 

Yes, I thought of that after my post.  That's probably not going to happen.  But I think that is a team that will hire him based upon his body of work so far.

Yes, I thought of that after my post.  That's probably not going to happen.  But I think that is a team that will hire him based upon his body of work so far.

I'd think there are a ton of college programs that would hire Pep as OC, even if it meant opening up their OC position to do so. 

A more likely scenario would be SF or one of the other NFL teams with an OC opening hiring him, if he were on the open market. 

It happens from time to time. Brady Hoke's DC left the ravens for the wolverines and brian Shottenheimer left the rams for Georgia.

Edit: I misread you're post and then was wrong on Michigan DC. My bad.

I think Shottenheimer basically got fired from the Rams. 

At any rate, it isn't the norm, so I still doubt Pep would do it. 

Charley Weiss left for Kansas. Harbaugh went to Michigan. Saban went to Alabama. Petrino went to Arkansas. There's a bunch of examples. 

In pretty much all of the cases, the coaches were either on the hot seat, unhappy with the Pros, or asked to leave: i.e., had a reason to leave. My point is that a coach who has no reason to leave typically won't leave the pros for college. At this point, I have no reason to believe that Pep has a reason to leave. 

The thread is about Chud, but just another thought on Pep. I think he has the calm, cerebral demeanor that you want in a HC, I just don't know if he has the managerial experience or is particularly innovative.

I suppose ATL could still be interested, but are they reported to be waiting for one of the SEA assistants?

1. Nothing about Pep says cerebral

2. They're waiting for Dan Quinn for the DC position..... Or HC. It's one of those 2

The Colts cannot block Head Coach interviews...anything below that, they can.

...and they wouldn't be blocking anything without first checking with Chud.

Apparently Chud is very valuable working with the offense...more valuable than Pep...

...which raises the question "Why the Heck is Pep still the OC?".

can i get a link where they think chud is more important than pep. I'll hold my breath while i wait

Charley Weiss left for Kansas. Harbaugh went to Michigan. Saban went to Alabama. Petrino went to Arkansas. There's a bunch of examples. 

Almost all of them went to be head coaches. They didn't leave NFL OC jobs for college OC jobs.

Except Weis. He left KC and went to Florida as OC for a year, then was hired by Kansas as the head coach. 

Venturi was pretty hard on Pep for the Patriots game. Patriots keep doing the same thing defensively and the Colts don't adjust.

I like Venturi but I think he's wrong on this one.  I'm not a big fan of Peps but if Herron makes that catch at the sideline, if Luck doesn't over throw the receivers half the time, it's a different ball game. If some of those things happen and the Colts are able to sustain a couple of drives then maybe Pep would have ran the ball more which could have had an overall positive effect.

Andrew needs a reset with his disdain for the short game.

Pep needs to goooooooooooo!

Pagano has John Harbaugh like leadership qualities. And a nice resume as a DB Coach.

We need a great offensive mind for Andrew.

Andrew starts most every game Not ready to play. Something is WRONG!

100% spot on.

,They seem to never have a plan to attack opponent to start a game. Everything reactionary....almost like they don't watch film....then they see it live and after they fall behind they say "aha! So that's what they do"

In pretty much all of the cases, the coaches were either on the hot seat, unhappy with the Pros, or asked to leave: i.e., had a reason to leave. My point is that a coach who has no reason to leave typically won't leave the pros for college. At this point, I have no reason to believe that Pep has a reason to leave. 

His 'reason' would be a pink slip from Irsay...pretty easy.

His 'reason' would be a pink slip from Irsay...pretty easy.

Well sure, but I think it is really premature to make assumptions that is/will be the case. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Colts "mutually part ways" with Pep. 

I'll be really surprised if that happens. That said, if it does, I'll eat my crow.

I think there is a higher likelihood that Manusky is axed, but that's also a shot fired at Chuck if that happens. 

I don't expect there to be any significant changes made. Perhaps some position coaches.