Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank Gore interested in joining Colts

NBColtsFanatic

Just wondering how long does everyone want to continue the revolving door of RBs ? Or due we want a young stud to c arry the load for 4 or5 years ?

Here's the thing...90% of the board doesn't want to use a high pick on a RB and that's fine. A larger % of the board wants to draft a guy in the later rounds, which could be a home run or a crapshoot. Some posters seem to love the kid out of Indiana, who I know nothing about because I don't watch Big 10 sports (I live in VA). People don't want the team to bring in a vet because "runningbacks are a dime a dozen". The Colts have spent more dimes than the state of Colorado has smoked yet they have nothing to show for it.

I would love a young guy that would play for very little money and would tear it up. He's just not on the team yet. If they sign Gore they could still draft the young stud.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the thing...90% of the board doesn't want to use a high pick on a RB and that's fine. A larger % of the board wants to draft a guy in the later rounds, which could be a home run or a crapshoot. Some posters seem to love the kid out of Indiana, who I know nothing about because I don't watch Big 10 sports (I live in VA). People don't want the team to bring in a vet because "runningbacks are a dime a dozen". The Colts have spent more dimes than the state of Colorado has smoked yet they have nothing to show for it.

I would love a young guy that would play for very little money and would tear it up. He's just not on the team yet. If they sign Gore they could still draft the young stud.

As reffering to the kid from IU , hes the real deal whoever gets him gets a stud. Have watched and hes not the only one they say deepest draft on RB in over a decade. If Gore came for right money I would not be upset , just no long term contract please.

As reffering to the kid from IU , hes the real deal whoever gets him gets a stud. Have watched and hes not the only one they say deepest draft on RB in over a decade. If Gore came for right money I would not be upset , just no long term contract please.

I would imagine it's a two year deal. If the guy from IU is as good as people are saying, I'd love to see him on the team.

colts fine what they have  bradshaw , richardson, boom, tipton.   stop with signing rb,s  need fa  offense linemen  way worst . need a pass rusher in Fa .  werner was not rdy  and  their fault for not  try get a fa pass rusher in fa

Richardson will not be on the team next year. they are already trying to find a way to void his contract for his antics during the playoffs. Bradshaw is has not had a healthy year with the colts since being on the team. but Boom, Tipton and Ballard could be fine....MAYBE. yeah ballard has only had one full season but he is under contract still and its a very cheap contract and being the end of it maybe he will be healthy all year and prove he can be the answer at that position. 

if all else fails, i think Ray Rice would be a nice addition. he can run and catch well. he made one mistake and he made up for it with the public humility and not playing all year. 

I'd be cool with Frank Gore coming here as the #1 back for most of the season.  That way if the Colts decided to pull the trigger on Gurley he could continue in his rehab with a possibility of being ready to play around November or December.   I'd love to see a tandem of Gore and Gurley, that would be hard to stop.

melvin gordon. not those free agents

I'm not specifically just saying those FAs but the Colts do need to bring in a RB if Bradshaw isn't resigned, those RBs may be the best options though. I don't know if Gordons college success will translate to the NFL, I'm more on the Tevin Coleman bandwagon, Coleman got 2000 yards behind a bad I.U. OL compared to Gordons line he had in Wisconsin. That may be my opinion though. I would like to see Coleman in the 3rd, possibly 2nd.

Definitely depends on the price. If he is dirt cheap then I don't think there is any risk. He still looked good this season the few times I saw the 49ers play. Still would want us to draft a RB regardless.

slow rbs cant run behind a line that is too slow to pull and run block, mewhort!

If he was as good as people here are saying, he'd go #1 overall.

And if he was as bad as you say he is he'd go in the 4th round.....

And you seem to be the lone wolf on that one.

It's no surprise that people in Indiana would love a local kid from I-U. 

But the people who scout him also love him.    Maybe not as much as Indiana fans,  but far more than you....   that's why most everything I can find says 2nd or 3rd round.

But the people who scout him also love him.    Maybe not as much as Indiana fans,  but far more than you....   that's why most everything I can find says 2nd or 3rd round.

Im hoping he slides that low , he would be a bargain to us there.

There are more than a few good RBS in this draft.

This is a great draft for RB's.   And for at least the third straight year,  a very, very good draft for WR's.   Those two spots and DL is the strength of the draft.

But it's a crappy draft for Safety, which is a pressing need for us.

But I like so many of the RB's in this draft,  I'm confident we'll get one.   I just don't know who, or when?

I can see him being a 3rd rounder. 

I'm not specifically just saying those FAs but the Colts do need to bring in a RB if Bradshaw isn't resigned, those RBs may be the best options though. I don't know if Gordons college success will translate to the NFL, I'm more on the Tevin Coleman bandwagon, Coleman got 2000 yards behind a bad I.U. OL compared to Gordons line he had in Wisconsin. That may be my opinion though. I would like to see Coleman in the 3rd, possibly 2nd.

So what you're saying is, Melvin Gordon is basically shaping up to be Trent Richardson 2.0? Without the good oline, he won't do anything?

Just reading that Reggie Bush's status with the Lions is up in the air at this point. I think he would be a much better pick up than Gore. I know he has injury issues, but so does Bradshaw and people are wanting to sign him. you pick up Bush and then draft a RB I think you would be in solid shape.

Just reading that Reggie Bush's status with the Lions is up in the air at this point. I think he would be a much better pick up than Gore. I know he has injury issues, but so does Bradshaw and people are wanting to sign him. you pick up Bush and then draft a RB I think you would be in solid shape.

Colts love a good pass catching running back. But I'm scared to death of this guy. He was hurt like 98% of last year. Yikes.

So what you're saying is, Melvin Gordon is basically shaping up to be Trent Richardson 2.0? Without the good oline, he won't do anything?

I'm saying Coleman is a better option than Gordon for the Colts. Not necessarily saying he will be a bust but who knows.I also don't want the Colts to draft a RB in the first.

I'm highly afraid of this happening.  But I'll tell you if we get a back who starts putting up 1000 yards a season, makes it through the whole season and makes teams respect our run game then he's worth it even in the first. 

I just don't believe Gordon will be that guy.

However if you are a Melvin Gordon fan, then this picture on NFL.com should make you happy.

0ap3000000471106.jpg

I'm highly afraid of this happening. But I'll tell you if we get a back who starts putting up 1000 yards a season, makes it through the whole season and makes teams respect our run game then he's worth it even in the first.

I just don't believe Gordon will be that guy.

However if you are a Melvin Gordon fan, then this picture on NFL.com should make you happy.

0ap3000000471106.jpg

That's a beautiful picture :scoregood:

A great franchise back is just what this offense needs to take that next step. Who that RB is? I don't know. But, we need to first fix the offensive line then worry about the possibility of getting a RB.

That's a beautiful picture :scoregood:

A great franchise back is just what this offense needs to take that next step. Who that RB is? I don't know. But, we need to first fix the offensive line then worry about the possibility of getting a RB.

Melvin Gordon. You didn't honestly know? I couldn't find the sarcastic font anywhere. haha