Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So now, is TY Hilton a #1 Receiver?

ColtsHappy

Seemed to be a lot of opinions about this as we entered the season. So, has he  convinced the naysayers, or is Hilton still NOT a #1 receiver?

From the IndyStar:

Hilton is off to a historic pace. Through three seasons, he leads Harrison and Wayne in receptions (214 compared to Harrison's 196 and Wayne's 172) and yards (3,289 to Harrison's 2,478 and Wayne's 1,899). Harrison remains tops in touchdowns (21 to Hilton's 19 and Wayne's 11). Either way, it's good company to have. Harrison was named a Hall of Fame finalist Thursday night.

Hilton's proving he belongs in the conversation.

I think you may be practicing some revisionist history.

1) I think it goes without saying that he is the Colts' # 1 receiver.  Does that make him a league quality # 1?  Who cares?

2) You argued that he is on his way to being the next Harrison which is still just a touch premature to make that claim.

3) What's worse is that I think you maintained the Colts had two Harrison quality receivers with Hilton and Brazill and I think we can write that off as completely absurd.  It was a bad thought when Brazill was on the roster and now just plain funny.

Depends on what you expect out of Number 1 WR.  Like me, I expect the number #1 WR to be the WR that QB goes to when a 1st down is needed.  I agree that T.Y. has had a good year statistically, but he was not the WR Luck went to when he needed the short/mid-range yards for 1st downs.  That was Reggie.

If all you want are numbers, then T.Y. is your man.  If like me, you want clutch production, then T.Y. is not.

JMO

Seemed to be a lot of opinions about this as we entered the season. So, has he  convinced the naysayers, or is Hilton still NOT a #1 receiver?

From the IndyStar:

Hilton is off to a historic pace. Through three seasons, he leads Harrison and Wayne in receptions (214 compared to Harrison's 196 and Wayne's 172) and yards (3,289 to Harrison's 2,478 and Wayne's 1,899). Harrison remains tops in touchdowns (21 to Hilton's 19 and Wayne's 11). Either way, it's good company to have. Harrison was named a Hall of Fame finalist Thursday night.

Hilton's proving he belongs in the conversation.

To be fair to Harrison his first two years he had Harbaugh as his QB, Hilton has had Luck.

I think you may be practicing some revisionist history.

1) I think it goes without saying that he is the Colts' # 1 receiver.  Does that make him a league quality # 1?  Who cares?

2) You argued that he is on his way to being the next Harrison which is still just a touch premature to make that claim.

3) What's worse is that I think you maintained the Colts had two Harrison quality receivers with Hilton and Brazill and I think we can write that off as completely absurd.  It was a bad thought when Brazill was on the roster and now just plain funny.

No revisionist history at all. I was wrong about Brazil and openly and quite humbly admitted to that. Brazil is unfortunately HISTORY, not revisionist history. No one rewrote anything including me.

Still a lot of folks don't feel Hilton is a #1, that is the plain funny part.

Nice try.

No revisionist history at all. I was wrong about Brazil and openly and quite humbly admitted to that. Brazil is unfortunately HISTORY, not revisionist history. No one rewrote anything including me.

Still a lot of folks don't feel Hilton is a #1, that is the plain funny part.

Nice try.

Why are you so concerned if people think he is a # 1 or not?  What does it matter?  He plainly the Colts go to receiver and past that, where he rates to anyone else really does not matter.

Why are you so concerned if people think he is a # 1 or not?  What does it matter?  He plainly the Colts go to receiver and past that, where he rates to anyone else really does not matter.

This is so hilarious. It was REALLY important to all those who said he wasn't. Now it's so obvious that he is, but quite suddenly - what do you know? It doesn't matter.....

LOL

This is so hilarious. It was REALLY important to all those who said he wasn't. Now it's so obvious that he is, but quite suddenly - what do you know? It doesn't matter.....

LOL

I don't know why you find this so funny.  I was NEVER one of those people you seem to be lumping me in with.  I know how good he is and has been.  What I am asking is why this # 1 label on him is so important to you.  What does it matter?

Depends on what you expect out of Number 1 WR.  Like me, I expect the number #1 WR to be the WR that QB goes to when a 1st down is needed.  I agree that T.Y. has had a good year statistically, but he was not the WR Luck went to when he needed the short/mid-range yards for 1st downs.  That was Reggie.

If all you want are numbers, then T.Y. is your man.  If like me, you want clutch production, then T.Y. is not.

JMO

TY had 62 1st Downs, Reggie and Coby had 40.

To be fair I think the argument was about crowning TY a HOF with the majority saying quite rightly it's far too earky for that sort of thing.

Besides people have different definitions of a #1 receiver, for some its purely production, for others its about physical measurables as well as production.

I think we can however agree we are blessed to have TY in a Colts jersey.

This thread amuses me.

Me too. Who cares what someone thought at the start of the season? Besides it's a game to game call as far who is #1 on that day. The opposing defenses dictate that with who they are covering or double teaming. TY is a fantastic receiver but he is not the type of receiver that can break tackles and his size limits his ability to out jump a defender. He is the Colts #1 but I hope #10 can become that receiver I was referring to. I don't mean that in a negative way it is what it is.