Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ray Lewis gave the Colts a pep talk

snkdy

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like it. Ray Lewis is a Baltimore Raven. You have guys like Bob Sander, Marlin Jackson, and Gary Brackett who are Colts players that have one the big one. Have one of them come in and give us a speech.

The only Colts that would know Sanders, Jackson and Brackett would be the 2 kickers and Reggie. :hmm:

Block and catch. Rinse and repeat until perfect. That will win us the game, not keynote speakers.

Yep, I subscribe to that philosophy too BHC. For the record, I do respect Ray Lewis & I have no issues with him whatsoever though. 

So was Stalin. 

haha You mean Soviet Union Gulags weren't centers of natl. pride to motivate the unity of Stalin's countrymen in labor camps? Yes, Stalin gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "obedience to the Motherland" indeed ruksak. No reflection on Ray Lewis naturally, but nevertheless, thank you for making me ROTF over that comment. 

And we have our first Ray Lewis, Joseph Stalin comparison.

All ruksak was saying is that it is possible to be charismatic & ruthless at the same time. Most football players can flip a switch from mild mannered civilian to a monster on the field once a player buckles their chinstrap at kickoff. Ray's not evil; He just knows how to get the competitive juices free flowing in others around him that's all. 

1 person's enemy of the state is another person's freedom fighter; It all depends what team colors your wear in the struggle for NFL supremacy & respect among the masses. 

Can we get Skip Bayless to give the team a pep talk?

Reverse psychology eh there Chris. I like it. Tell us openly that Andrew Luck is overrated, inspire boiling rage on site, our defense imagines every guy on the Broncos squad & in their secondary is Skip Bayless & we systematically play the best game in all 3 phases of our illustrious franchise's history. Sounds A okay to me man.

Fury channeled effectively is a glorious sight to see. Plus, it just proves that the best motivator is not praise but denial & an outlandish statement about being considered "S-O-F-T." Call my team that & I'm ready to throw down. Not fight; just validate on the field that whomever said that is severely misguided & about to be proven wrong. 

"The white suit Lewis was wearing the night of the killings has never been found."

Gotta say, I'll never understand the unquestioned admiration this phony gets.  Great player, but his inane philosophies and embarrassing preacher schtick should be called out more often.  Colts should've done better here.

Stalin was pretty good against the blitz. 

That statement works on a historical level, a scheme level, & the ability to adapt, countermeasure level. I'd ask Winston Churchill to confirm Stalin's tenacity, but all that cigar smoke in the London War Room makes my eyes water up unfortunately. 

Okay, back on topic. Sorry for the WWII detour folks. My bad. I'm back in 2015 again. 

Hopefully Colts players were more impressed than Flacco was with Ray's speech... I have to admit though, I do love listening to the guy even if what he is saying is not always clear. One of the best motivators of all time.

“I love Ray, and I love how he always spoke from the heart, but if you listened to those speeches, a lot of them didn't even make sense. He meant everything he was saying, but I didn't know what he was talking about 90 percent of the time.” - Joe Flacco

http://www.brobible.com/sports/article/joe-flacco-ray-lewis-was-saying/

Thug league respects thug who got away with murder?

Ray Lewis is by no means a thug or a murderer. He didn't want to "snitch" on his friend who committed the crime. He would have to later on though. Learn the facts of a story before labeling please.

This forum is so negative. We try to do something to make our players want to dig deeper and this forum starts blasting people.

Ray Lewis is what football is all about getting pumped up before a game and trying to build up the other 53 players around him. None of us have any evidence from his murder case and yet people are still trying to burn him at the stake. I always was taught innocent til proven guilty.

I commend this coaching staff for trying to motivate the players. And I also think this thread should be locked.

This illustrates how much Raven's players liked and respected Coach Pagano. It can never hurt a team with Ray giving one of his speeches. On a side note, it was heavily reported in Baltimore, and this isn't a joke, how Flacco gave a speech at half time of the last Brown's game when it looked like we were going to blow it with San Diego losing. His comment, " let's just win the dang game' shocked the locker room, as he was really agitated. As we know, Joe came up huge in the fourth quarter, but it illustrates the contrast of leadership styles between the two. Ray's speeches , of course, are more fun.

Ray Lewis is by no means a thug or a murderer. He didn't want to "snitch" on his friend who committed the crime. He would have to later on though. Learn the facts of a story before labeling please.

Even by what you admit Ray Lewis is a thug.  Ask a cop about how the whole "no snitching" culture allows thug culture to flourush.

I know the facts of the story, thank you.  So don't be such a pompous person, and learn that everyone who disagrees with you is not misinformed.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 11, 2015 - under review
Hidden by Nadine, January 11, 2015 - under review

Even by what you admit Ray Lewis is a thug. Ask a cop about how the whole "no snitching" culture allows thug culture to flourush.

I know the facts of the story, thank you. So don't be such a pompous person, and learn that everyone who disagrees with you is not misinformed.

The definition of a thug is a violent criminal. Not snitching is not a violent crime. For someone like you, using the word thug is just another way for you to use the N word without actually saying it.
Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 11, 2015 - response to removed post
Hidden by Nadine, January 11, 2015 - response to removed post

So if it is a Pep talk when Ray speaks, what is it called when Pep speaks?

(deep thoughts this morning....)

I tried desperately to think of a witty comeback to this, but the mind-blowing exposition you displayed has left me without words. 

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 11, 2015 - reference to removed post
Hidden by Nadine, January 11, 2015 - reference to removed post

I tried desperately to think of a witty comeback to this, but the mind-blowing exposition you displayed has left me without words. 

Yes, it is right up there with the question:  What if C A T really spelled Dog?