Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Harbaugh, "Flacco is the best Qb in football."

Cynjin

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just like you becoming moral police, take care of yourself

Moral police?  I was just wondering what difference winning a Superbowl by a last second field goal vs a game winning drive made other than you just wanting to argue with Patriots fans.  Because the latter seems to be the most logical explanation, if that is your goal, then have at it.  

Moral police?  I was just wondering what difference winning a Superbowl by a last second field goal vs a game winning drive made other than you just wanting to argue with Patriots fans.  Because the latter seems to be the most logical explanation, if that is your goal, then have at it.  

And i was wondering why not you just focus on the topic or focus on yourself

good morning

And i was wondering why not you just focus on the topic or focus on yourself

good morning

Didn't you post that you would take game winning drives over field goals?  Why yes you did, so I did stay on topic.  Good Morning to you too.

It does not apply post 2006 when Brady has carried horrible defenses deep into the playoffs and into the Super Bowl ...

And Brady's post season record since those "defense led " SB wins ? Around .500 which is I think is what most would consider average. Crazy you can't see the argument that Flaco > Brady when you look at the last 10 years of Brady. 

And Brady's post season record since those "defense led " SB wins ? Around .500 which is I think is what most would consider average. Crazy you can't see the argument that Flaco > Brady when you look at the last 10 years of Brady. 

Sure. Flacco has been the best playoff performer along with Eli over the past 7 years. No argument.

Sure. Flacco has been the best playoff performer along with Eli over the past 7 years. No argument.

You're crazy . He's not as good as Brady. He was so average that if SD had beaten KC , he'd be on his couch right now. Look at that game he had vs Houston in what appeared to be a must win game in week 16. QB rating of 40 and if you watched the game , it was really worse than that. Did Harbaugh crow about his greatness then ? If so maybe I missed it. 

You're crazy . He's not as good as Brady. He was so average that if SD had beaten KC , he'd be on his couch right now. Look at that game he had vs Houston in what appeared to be a must win game in week 16. QB rating of 40 and if you watched the game , it was really worse than that. Did Harbaugh crow about his greatness then ? If so maybe I missed it. 

Yeah. He has had his ups and downs. Brady has won some games too though when he hasn't played well like the 2012 AFCCG.

I really don't know why Harbaugh called him the greatest QB in the game. I am not sure what purpose it serves as the football universe knows Joe is not close to the greatest QB and yet I don't think Joe needs that type of tire pumping either at this point in his career. He is a SB champion and MVP and had a run two years ago for the ages in the post-season. I really thought Harbaugh's remark at this juncture was interesting. Perhaps he knows this Pats team can dominate this Ravens O. Unlike past Pats team, this team is built to stop exactly what the Ravens bring. They can defend the pass and bring the pressure on Joe and force him to do more than just his lollipops down the sideline. I don't think the Ravens lack confidence but football is always a game of match ups and the Pats have favorable match-ups across the board in this game. They rarely lose when that is the case. In fact it is usually a blow out as we have seen time and again this season ...

Yeah. He has had his ups and downs. Brady has won some games too though when he hasn't played well like the 2012 AFCCG.

I really don't know why Harbaugh called him the greatest QB in the game. I am not sure what purpose it serves as the football universe knows Joe is not close to the greatest QB and yet I don't think Joe needs that type of tire pumping either at this point in his career. He is a SB champion and MVP and had a run two years ago for the ages in the post-season. I really thought Harbaugh's remark at this juncture was interesting. Perhaps he knows this Pats team can dominate this Ravens O. Unlike past Pats team, this team is built to stop exactly what the Ravens bring. They can defend the pass and bring the pressure on Joe and force him to do more than just his lollipops down the sideline. I don't think the Ravens lack confidence but football is always a game of match ups and the Pats have favorable match-ups across the board in this game. They rarely lose when that is the case. In fact it is usually a blow out as we have seen time and again this season ...

The only thing that makes me think the Ravens have a chance is that front 4 is playing lights out right now. Thing is besides Suggs from the outside , they can bring inside pressure and that is a QB killer. Plus it appears their patched up secondary is actually jelling a bit. Last and not least , Browner can be beat deep and Flaco , if anything can throw it a ways. As far as the J.H. remark , I don't know why he would make that kind of statement , especially when they have to do a new contract before 2016. He has hits of 28 and 31 mill in 2016  and 17

The only thing that makes me think the Ravens have a chance is that front 4 is playing lights out right now. Thing is besides Suggs from the outside , they can bring inside pressure and that is a QB killer. Plus it appears their patched up secondary is actually jelling a bit. Last and not least , Browner can be beat deep and Flaco , if anything can throw it a ways. As far as the J.H. remark , I don't know why he would make that kind of statement , especially when they have to do a new contract before 2016. He has hits of 28 and 31 mill in 2016  and 17

Yes, their front is playing well but the Pats have been tested with that vs their division opponents and SD and GB. I think they will be ready. The secondary might be jelling but that was against a Pitt team that only had Brown and Bell as threats in the pass game and Bell did not play leaving Brown to be double teamed. The Pats have a lot more for them to worry about with Gronk, Lafells, Edelman and Vareen out of the backfield.

I see this game as very similar to when the Pats played Detroit. Detroit had a great line but weak in the secondary and Brady picked them apart. Revis and Browner took out Tate and Johnson with Browner playing Johnson and limiting him to one of his worst offensive games. Joe will be forced to beat the Pats with receivers other than the Smiths and I don't think he can do it. The only QB that beat us with his 3 and 4 receivers was Rodgers and even then he mostly led FG drives with his defense make the big stop at the end for the win.

I didn't even think about Joe's contract but you are right. That is a really dumb comment from Harbaugh in light of that. I am sure they will want to rework Joe's deal this off-season and those type of comments will not help negotiations as Joe and his agent have made it clear in the past that they are ALL about the money.

Yes, their front is playing well but the Pats have been tested with that vs their division opponents and SD and GB. I think they will be ready. The secondary might be jelling but that was against a Pitt team that only had Brown and Bell as threats in the pass game and Bell did not play leaving Brown to be double teamed. The Pats have a lot more for them to worry about with Gronk, Lafells, Edelman and Vareen out of the backfield.

I see this game as very similar to when the Pats played Detroit. Detroit had a great line but weak in the secondary and Brady picked them apart. Revis and Browner took out Tate and Johnson with Browner playing Johnson and limiting him to one of his worst offensive games. Joe will be forced to beat the Pats with receivers other than the Smiths and I don't think he can do it. The only QB that beat us with his 3 and 4 receivers was Rodgers and even then he mostly led FG drives with his defense make the big stop at the end for the win.

I didn't even think about Joe's contract but you are right. That is a really dumb comment from Harbaugh in light of that. I am sure they will want to rework Joe's deal this off-season and those type of comments will not help negotiations as Joe and his agent have made it clear in the past that they are ALL about the money.

From what I understand, there is an understanding that Joe will re-negotiate to be a long term Raven, similar to what Lewis and Suggs did. Reed did the same thing, but left when he should have retired. Everything you guys are saying is probably true. The Patriots on paper should beat the Ravens. I feel this way in everyone of these road playoff games, including the ones in 2012. Did I feel good before the Pittsburgh game no, before this game no, and if we made it to Indy or Denver, no. This team and quarterback keep surprising everyone on the road. 

I agree this Patriots team is more formidable than some of those past teams. The Ravens are a year off of being blown up, and losing some of their all time greats. I'm glad we made it this far, and hope we can pull off an upset. The front seven will have to put heat on Brady, and Will Hill, who shut down Graham in New Orleans, will probably draw Gronk. He is in the style of Bernard Pollard, and we will need that to have a chance in this game.

From what I understand, there is an understanding that Joe will re-negotiate to be a long term Raven, similar to what Lewis and Suggs did. Reed did the same thing, but left when he should have retired. Everything you guys are saying is probably true. The Patriots on paper should beat the Ravens. I feel this way in everyone of these road playoff games, including the ones in 2012. Did I feel good before the Pittsburgh game no, before this game no, and if we made it to Indy or Denver, no. This team and quarterback keep surprising everyone on the road. 

I agree this Patriots team is more formidable than some of those past teams. The Ravens are a year off of being blown up, and losing some of their all time greats. I'm glad we made it this far, and hope we can pull off an upset. The front seven will have to put heat on Brady, and Will Hill, who shut down Graham in New Orleans, will probably draw Gronk. He is in the style of Bernard Pollard, and we will need that to have a chance in this game.

You think Joe will rework after only two years? He was pretty adamant about sticking it to the Ravens for not offering him more prior to the 2012 season.

Some of this talk from Harbaugh reminds me of Rex Ryan when he used to say Revis was the greatest in the game. That yielded him two hold outs from Revis in 5 seasons and ultimately a trade to TB given Woody could not take his contract demands anymore. The only different being Revis really was the best CB in the game.

You think Joe will rework after only two years? He was pretty adamant about sticking it to the Ravens for not offering him more prior to the 2012 season.

Some of this talk from Harbaugh reminds me of Rex Ryan when he used to say Revis was the greatest in the game. That yielded him two hold outs from Revis in 5 seasons and ultimately a trade to TB given Woody could not take his contract demands anymore. The only different being Revis really was the best CB in the game.

It was different. Ozzie had a number in mind, then Joe bet on himself. Joe's agent is a goof, but I think Joe will want the best team around him like Brady. The Ravens have always given extensions and money for performance , and Joe knows this. I think he will definitely spread out the money for more years. Joe is much different than Revis, and Harbaugh is hardly Rex.

I have a ton of respect for Joe Flacco. He comes alive in the playoffs, rarely makes bad football decisions, & the guy usually plays his best football in the 2nd half of games. 

I also like John Harbaugh a lot. He was a great special teams coach in Philadelphia, he is always even keel attitude wise, & John just doesn't panic. He's the perfect coach for Baltimore. 

Man, this divisional round is tough to call this weekend since I admire both the Ravens & the Patriots as NFL squads. Honestly, if INDY beats Denver, we match up better vs Suggs & that defense vs NE.

The Ravens are a world class organization & Ozzie Newsome is a fantastic GM. Yeah, I admire this club a lot one of my favorite franchises around.  

I have a ton of respect for Joe Flacco. He comes alive in the playoffs, rarely makes bad football decisions, & the guy usually plays his best football in the 2nd half of games.

I also like John Harbaugh a lot. He was a great special teams coach in Philadelphia, he is always even keel attitude wise, & John just doesn't panic. He's the perfect coach for Baltimore.

Man, this divisional round is tough to call this weekend since I admire both the Ravens & the Patriots as NFL squads. Honestly, if INDY beats Denver, we match up better vs Suggs & that defense vs NE.

The Ravens are a world class organization & Ozzie Newsome is a fantastic GM. Yeah, I admire this club a lot one of my favorite franchises around.

I second that. You have a lot of class !

So......Wheres the news? I don't get it, I sure don't get why we have 5 pages of this

As the OP I am actually surprised this has 5 pages of responses, but I am also stunned that the TRich thread has 35 pages at this point.

After seven years and 4000 passes a quarterback is what he is. In Flacco's case he's an above average quarterback who can beat you with the deep ball but is also relatively inaccurate and makes poor decisions at times. I don't buy that Flacco suddenly transforms into a different quarterback during the playoffs. If you look at his stats over his last five playoff games the only thing that jumps off the page as being radically different is a 13/0 TD/Int ratio. For a guy who has a career TD pct of 4.0 and Int pct of 2.5 this is an aberration that is most likely due to a small sample size and is unsustainable. The more playoff games that Flacco plays the more likely he is to regress to the mean and I wouldn't be surprised if that regression begins against the Patriots.

After seven years and 4000 passes a quarterback is what he is. In Flacco's case he's an above average quarterback who can beat you with the deep ball but is also relatively inaccurate and makes poor decisions at times. I don't buy that Flacco suddenly transforms into a different quarterback during the playoffs. If you look at his stats over his last five playoff games the only thing that jumps off the page as being radically different is a 13/0 TD/Int ratio. For a guy who has a career TD pct of 4.0 and Int pct of 2.5 this is an aberration that is most likely due to a small sample size and is unsustainable. The more playoff games that Flacco plays the more likely he is to regress to the mean and I wouldn't be surprised if that regression begins against the Patriots.

Maybe, but they said it would happen against Pittsburgh also.

Thank you TOC. I appreciate that complement. Keep giving me your insights here on the forum because I respect your opinion especially your perspective on my Colts because it is honest, fair, & it doesn't come from a malicious place meaning it is constructive criticism. 

You're a good man yourself TOC.  ;)

Yep. This pretty much. Well said. This Ravens team is 1-6 vs good teams year. 

Flacco has generally been good in the post season throughout his career. He played the second best game of the 8 QBs in wild card weekend. Luck played the best hands down, that was a fantastic performance and he could've had about 500 yards without the drops. But Flacco was sharp in his own right. 

I will take game winning drives not some one kicking field goals to win

Pretty impressive for a kicker to drive all the way up the field and put himself in field goal range.

Also is Vinitieri hit 1 of his first 2 kicks in that Panthers SB, they would have been kneeling on the ball for the win. He was 1 for 3 in that Sb... 33%..

Southwest1 is a class act, we could all learn a thing or two from him for sure.

I'm a total mess compared to him usually lol, poeple say things to me that send me off the rails and in fight mode, he keeps his cool and has respect for the game of football and appreciates all aspects of the game and it's teams.

He is certainly 1 poster that I'll be genuinely happy for if the Colts manage to win the big one. .. some of these other characters, not so much ;)

Ryan, Romo, Rivers - non winners like Dalton. Romo will be out soon.

That's what I'm counting on TOC. Aaron Rogers bad calf muscle or not, slicing up that Cowboys secondary just to bring an end to the orange New Jersey Governor's sweater good luck charm. 

Part of me still wants NE to kick their caboose in the SB though. Man, that would be so spectacular. Mr. Lumberjack man is going to demolish them at Lambeau Field though. I can just feel it. 

Easy on Philip Rivers there though TOC. He's 1 hades of a QB who always gives INDY, NE, & Denver a run for their money when that cat is healthy. He's a tough hombre who knows how to win late in games. 

Southwest1 is a class act, we could all learn a thing or two from him for sure.

I'm a total mess compared to him usually lol, poeple say things to me that send me off the rails and in fight mode, he keeps his cool and has respect for the game of football and appreciates all aspects of the game and it's teams.

He is certainly 1 poster that I'll be genuinely happy for if the Colts manage to win the big one. .. some of these other characters, not so much ;)

Thanks JM51. I really appreciate that. Coming from a well respected rival & guy with a great sense of humor that means a lot. If we beat Denver, I will be shocked. Pleasantly surprised but shocked. RB CJ Anderson is gonna be lethal to our defense. I rooting for INDY naturally, but I have to be a realist. The Colts can't run & the Broncos can & if Andrew is forced to throw more that 40-45 times the chances of a costly pick skyrocket. 

It is what it is. Just as long as neither Dallas or Seattle wins the SB this season, I am cool with it. I still think the Patriots win it all this year. Brady is possessed to win it all & Revis will clinch it. That's what I honestly believe. Let the backlash begin...LOL! SW1 can handle it. 

I'd love to have INDY pull another 2006 incredible playoffs run again sure, but my rational brain says no. That ain't happening. So be it it. 

That's what I'm counting on TOC. Aaron Rogers bad calf muscle or not, slicing up that Cowboys secondary just to bring an end to the orange New Jersey Governor's sweater good luck charm.

Part of me still wants NE to kick their caboose in the SB though. Man, that would be so spectacular. Mr. Lumberjack man is going to demolish them at Lambeau Field though. I can just feel it.

Easy on Philip Rivers there though TOC. He's 1 hades of a QB who always gives INDY, NE, & Denver a run for their money when that cat is healthy. He's a tough hombre who knows how to win late in games.

Romo going out would be great, especially what happened in the Detroit game .

Romo going out would be great, especially what happened in the Detroit game .

Maybe it was justice for Suh cheating trying to remove Rogers intentionally from the game. When that happened on TV, I laughed outloud [the picked up flag] because it was karma for Suh's shady tendencies. I just deplore that guy's attitude. You've gotta win honorably Suh so I was cool with Dallas knocking them out of the Playoffs. 

I respect your Ravens TOC tremendously, but I have an intuition about this...Brady gets his 4 SB ring in February. NE has weapons on both sides of the ball & their FG kicker is money in the bank. 

Suggs is awesome yes, but Ayers, Wilfork, & Browner are darn good enforcers in their own right. 

Maybe it was justice for Suh cheating trying to remove Rogers intentionally from the game. When that happened on TV, I laughed outloud [the picked up flag] because it was karma for Suh's shady tendencies. I just deplore that guy's attitude. You've gotta win honorably Suh so I was cool with Dallas knocking them out of the Playoffs.

I respect your Ravens TOC tremendously, but I have an intuition about this...Brady gets his 4 SB ring in February. NE has weapons on both sides of the ball & their FG kicker is money in the bank.

Suggs is awesome yes, but Ayers, Wilfork, & Browner are darn good enforcers in their own right.

It's hard to pick against NE. I never make predictions generally about my own team

because I don't want to jinx them. I'm looking forward to the challenge.