Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Harbaugh, "Flacco is the best Qb in football."

Cynjin

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harbaugh is playing mind games with the Pats too.  He knows the Boston media picked this up and will mention this to Brady.  But the Ravens similar to the Jets play mind games with the Pats through the media and it does get into the heads of the Patriots.  Patriots can be psychologically weak.

When the Pats were winning super bowls they had Bryan Cox, Ty Law, Rodney Harrison who would shoot their mouths off and gave  them confidence.  But it seems after the spy gate controversy in 2007 Belichick went under ground, secretive and more cantankerous, turned the entire locker room into some closed contained environment lacking emotion.  Belichick doesn't let his players respond anymore.

And this is why getting a guy like Brandon Browner and allowing him to play his way has been good for the Pats.

Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Luck, Rivers, Romo, Roethlisberger, Ryan, Wilson

It's time we put a stop to Peyton Manning even being in the top 5 QB's in the league.  He hasn't even been able to throw the ball properly the last 2 months.  If it wasn't for their running game and defense they wouldn't have made the playoffs.

Peyton Manning is no longer in the top 5.  There's something wrong with him either an injury he and the team are hiding that we won't know about till after the season or he's mentally losing it.

Hasn't it already been confirmed that Manning has some thigh/hip injury or his neck is bothering him?

It's time we put a stop to Peyton Manning even being in the top 5 QB's in the league. He hasn't even been able to throw the ball properly the last 2 months. If it wasn't for their running game and defense they wouldn't have made the playoffs.

Peyton Manning is no longer in the top 5. There's something wrong with him either an injury he and the team are hiding that we won't know about till after the season or he's mentally losing it.

Hasn't it already been confirmed that Manning has some thigh/hip injury or his neck is bothering him?

39 tds

Joe, for being as boring as he is, seems to be a bit of a lightning rod. I'm shocked after Flacco did what he did in Pittsburgh , and Ryan flopped in Carolina, we would still be having that particular argument.

I think you have answered that yourself. Joe has had the benefit of a great defense his entire career. I can't find one year since he has been the starter where the offense outranked the defense. And even after losing Reed and Lewis and other aging vets you have replaced them with younger, faster guys. Fact is Joe has had one of the most complete teams around him his entire career led by a great defense and a great coach. Joe does his part but most of the time he just needs to be average for the Ravens to win and that is pretty indicative when you look at his stats.

Flacco had a 3 - 2 record in playoffs his first 5 games, but he absolutely stbnk.. People still rail him about that.  But after 2009, Flacco has been 7 - 2, 17 TD's, 2 INT's.  Playoffs is where ru bber meets the road.  QB's cement their legacy by playoff performance.  But Flacco;s regular season is stuff made of ordinary.  But Harbaugh likes his response in the playoffs.

FlaccoLast9_zps71e0ceb2.png

I think you have answered that yourself. Joe has had the benefit of a great defense his entire career. I can't find one year since he has been the starter where the offense outranked the defense. And even after losing Reed and Lewis and other aging vets you have replaced them with younger, faster guys. Fact is Joe has had one of the most complete teams around him his entire career led by a great defense and a great coach. Joe does his part but most of the time he just needs to be average for the Ravens to win and that is pretty indicative when you look at his stats.

The Ravens had a better offense that D this year. Many would also say the same about Brady in comparison to Manning.

The Ravens had a better offense that D this year. Many would also say the same about Brady in comparison to Manning.

Offense was 8 in points scored, defense was 6 in points allowed.

Early in Brady's career he had the great defense and led them to 3 rings and the matured into an elite passer, league MVP and is in the top 5 of most major passing records. I don't see that type of ceiling for Flacco. When his defense was not great last year, he missed the playoffs.

It's time we put a stop to Peyton Manning even being in the top 5 QB's in the league.  He hasn't even been able to throw the ball properly the last 2 months.  If it wasn't for their running game and defense they wouldn't have made the playoffs.

Peyton Manning is no longer in the top 5.  There's something wrong with him either an injury he and the team are hiding that we won't know about till after the season or he's mentally losing it.

He's in a slump but he was #4 in qb rating, #2 in td passes, and #4 in yardage this season, all of which are higher than Brady

Offense was 8 in points scored, defense was 6 in points allowed.

Early in Brady's career he had the great defense and led them to 3 rings and the matured into an elite passer, league MVP and is in the top 5 of most major passing records. I don't see that type of ceiling for Flacco. When his defense was not great last year, he missed the playoffs.

27th in pass defense this year. They missed the playoffs because his O line stunk and he had no running game. He was one of the most sacked QB's on the league , and still he went 8-8. Less known is that he was injured the last two games he played against NE and Cincy. The O line and running game were fixed, and the results were better. The Ravens set club records in offense this year under Kubiak. Flacco is clearly a team

Leader now.

27th in pass defense this year. They missed the playoffs because his O line stunk and he had no running game. He was one of the most sacked QB's on the league , and still he went 8-8. Less known is that he was injured the last two games he played against NE and Cincy. The O line and running game were fixed, and the results were better. The Ravens set club records in offense this year under Kubiak. Flacco is clearly a team

Leader now.

Sure. He is a good QB on a team led by a great coach and GM. He has benefited as much from his stellar upper mgmt. as Brady has and he has been a great fit for his team. But his play, his stats say he is an average QB that can be very good situationally. I am not sure how you can really argue otherwise. When he was asked to carry the team more like last year he did not do it. He has yet to carry a team the way Rodgers, Manning, Brady and Brees have. In reality they win a lot of games in spite of him.

Sure. He is a good QB on a team led by a great coach and GM. He has benefited as much from his stellar upper mgmt. as Brady has and he has been a great fit for his team. But his play, his stats say he is an average QB that can be very good situationally. I am not sure how you can really argue otherwise. When he was asked to carry the team more like last year he did not do it. He has yet to carry a team the way Rodgers, Manning, Brady and Brees have. In reality they win a lot of games in spite of him.

I never put him on that category , just saying he's a very good winning QB, who does his best work in the playoffs. He is a clutch QB. The stats there are undeniable.

I never put him on that category , just saying he's a very good winning QB, who does his best work in the playoffs. He is a clutch QB. The stats there are undeniable.

He was not good at all in the playoffs until 2012. And he had stretches in last nights game where he was putrid but yet again his defense carried the day holding an explosive Pitt offense to FGs. He made the plays at the end and deserves credit for that but that game was won largely from the defensive effort. Remember in 2012 his defense averaged 14 points vs Luck, Manning and Brady. 14. That is other worldly.

He was not good at all in the playoffs until 2012. And he had stretches in last nights game where he was putrid but yet again his defense carried the day holding an explosive Pitt offense to FGs. He made the plays at the end and deserves credit for that but that game was won largely from the defensive effort. Remember in 2012 his defense averaged 14 points vs Luck, Manning and Brady. 14. That is other worldly.

You forget he outplayed Brady in 2011 also. He put the ball right in Evan's hands also on that play.

"we" so you are a ravens fan? lol.

Revis and Browner will take the Smiths out.

Forsett won't get much with big Vince in the middle.

you say that like browner is a good football player

In all bradys super bowl runs his defense averaged 15 points twice and 14 points leading up to the big game

I don't even really care if Grandma Harbaugh thinks Flacco is the best.

The truth is, yeah the guy has never gone one and done in his career and he is a pretty cool playoff performer all around. He has his bad moments......but I have a lot of trust in him in January. It's like I could not even watch the guy until January. He is like this crazy tall cool QB in the postseason without a ton of emotions showing on his face.

If he wins this weekend hell I will declare him the GOAT I will be so happy.

He's in a slump but he was #4 in qb rating, #2 in td passes, and #4 in yardage this season, all of which are higher than Brady

Re-posted here...

Manning was on fire till the Rams game.  Most of those 39 td's came before Thanksgiving when the weather was warmer.  What is Manning's stats from the Rams game on?

Pats had one of the slowest starts in the entire NFL.  Patriots were a below average to bad team their first 4 games with one of the worst O-lines in the NFL till they corrected it before the Bengals game.

I don't even really care if Grandma Harbaugh thinks Flacco is the best.

The truth is, yeah the guy has never gone one and done in his career and he is a pretty cool playoff performer all around. He has his bad moments......but I have a lot of trust in him in January. It's like I could not even watch the guy until January. He is like this crazy tall cool QB in the postseason without a ton of emotions showing on his face.

If he wins this weekend hell I will declare him the GOAT I will be so happy.

If he won it all this year, he is the greatest for me also. I don't want to go crazy, as this is an 11-6 wildcard team with tons of injuries.

Posted · Hidden by -JJ-, January 5, 2015 - abusvie and dirty
Hidden by -JJ-, January 5, 2015 - abusvie and dirty

He's an excellent #2 CB and plays very well when there is a top corner on the other side.  He does his job.

no, he actually sucks like the girl all your buddies denied hooking up with in high school 

Posted · Hidden by -JJ-, January 5, 2015 - quoting hidden
Hidden by -JJ-, January 5, 2015 - quoting hidden

no, he actually sucks like the girl all your buddies denied hooking up with in high school 

Actually, he's a great #2 CB with a super bowl ring.  And he shut down Julius Thomas earlier in the year for most the game.

Actually, he's a great #2 CB with a super bowl ring.  And he shut down Julius Thomas earlier in the year for most the game.

he didnt even play in the super bowl. He probably didnt even cover Julius Thomas on 50 percent of the passing snaps so Im gonna go out on a limb here and say that when you say "for most of the game" the catches Thomas did make were when Browner was assigned.

he didnt even play in the super bowl. He probably didnt even cover Julius Thomas on 50 percent of the passing snaps so Im gonna go out on a limb here and say that when you say "for most of the game" the catches Thomas did make were when Browner was assigned.

Any proof of this?  Any stats to back that up?

http://nesn.com/2014/11/darrelle-revis-brandon-browners-solid-play-among-takeaways-from-patriots-broncos/

I think it's funny how you can replace the name Flacco with Brady in this argument.  Welcome to the Colts fan side of the Manning vs Brady debate and am glad a Pats fan finally agrees.

I think it's funny how you can replace the name Flacco with Brady in this argument.  Welcome to the Colts fan side of the Manning vs Brady debate and am glad a Pats fan finally agrees.

That logic applies to every QB not named Brady. Dont you know Brady is the Chuck Norris of football.    :clap:  :disco: