Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Patriots truly don't like the Colts

loudnproudcolt

I don't know, I was just making a general comment, that's all. If she is from that area she knows what I was saying I am sure. Anyone who knows New York knows their is a portion of Ney York that don't care much for New York City.  Especially up state New York. I worked at Lack Placid when the winter Olympics were going on. I have also spent a lot of time in the Syracuse and Buffalo areas.

Yeah Buffalo and Newyork city are different ball game

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally am ready for a different rivalry.  I agree that it was mainly about Manning and Brady, but those days are over and those guys have had their 15 minutes of fame. 

Troy Brown?  He didn't do a very good job of marketing his brand.  I bet  nobody recognizes that guy outside of Boston.

I personally am ready for a different rivalry.  I agree that it was mainly about Manning and Brady, but those days are over and those guys have had their 15 minutes of fame. 

Troy Brown?  He didn't do a very good job of marketing his brand.  I bet  nobody recognizes that guy outside of Boston.

15 minutes of fame? A little more like 15 years I think.

I don't mean to rain on the hate parade here but Pats fans do not hate the Colts. In fact, since Manning has left, I would say the rivalry has disappeared. The rivalry was really between Brady and Manning and Polian too anyways not really the Pats and Colts. Most of us like your team, Luck, Pagano, Wayne, all good guys and players/coaches. No guys to really hate. And the fans are great too.

The team that boils my blood and always will is the Jets. Second to them is probably Denver given they always owned us back in the Elway days ...

Well, I do hope, in the near future, that this team gives Pats fans good reason to hate on the Colts.

Don't like BB and TB, but gotta have the utmost respect for what they have achieved over the years!

Looking forward to the next shot we get at knocking you guys off in Foxboro.

Troy is certainly entitled to his opinion, and the stats he used to form that opinion are accurate, so there you have it.

My opinion comes from another perspective. One that knows stats are only part of the info needed to offer a meaningful and insightful take on a player. Imagine if Luck played behind NE's O-Line instead. Brady has had more time to throw the ball than any QB I've ever seen in my nearly 50 years of watching football. Easily the best O-line in football the last 15 years. Here's a stat" Matt Cassel ranked 8th in the NFL in passing when Brady went down. 8th! Ahead of Brett Farve, Ben Roethlisberger, Tony Romo, Eli Manning, Jake Delhomme, Matt Ryan. Couldn't hold a job anywhere else. In fact he sucked once he left the secure little super pocket he had in NE. Having a great defense and an unbeatable O-Line is a formula for championships. It'll make even an average 6th rounder look like a hall-of-famer. Have a nice day Troy.

I just don't see how Troy Brown can say with a straight face that Andy Dalton is better than Luck. In what universe? Let me ask you this Troy, if both QBs switched teams, would Andy win behind our offensive line? Hades no, but I'm pretty sure if you put Chewbacca on the Bengals the defense & running backs would love him because he's cool as a cucumber under pressure & he's the 4th QTR comeback kid.

I didn't read the thread but why are we supposed to care what the Patriots (past or present) or their fans even think of the Colts?

:dunno:

I guess for me it depends which Patriots player we are talking about.  Heath Evans & Willie McGinest are such homers for NE it's hilarious trying to watch them be even remotely objective while Tedy Bruschi &  Mike Vrabel seemed like reasonable & balanced players to me meaning that Tedy & Mike strike me as 2 fellas who could actually be constructively critical of a team they played for while at the same time highlighting what another franchise does well. 

I know Vrabel is no analyst on TV like Tedy is on ESPN, but Mike seems like a straight shooter to me. No nonsense just tell you exactly what he think with no blind allegiance to any specific NFL team. JMO. 

Off topic slightly: 

The cool thing I love about our own Jeff Saturday on ESPN is that a) he openly admits that he is biased toward the Colts & b) Because of that acute awareness of his Colts preference, it makes him a better analyst allowing him to hold his enthusiasm in check. 

Bias is fine as long as you own it upfront & do not let your emotions get the best of you, which Jeff does quite well for the most part. 

I have a question that maybe a Pats fan can give a little insight on.  Did Giselle make Tom sign a prenuptial agreement before they got married? 

Good question CC1. I have no idea, but I have this sarcastic image in my head of Giselle & Tom introducing each other to their lawyer before doing the mom & dad meet & greet & taking their relationship to the next level. 

I don't know, I was just making a general comment, that's all. If she is from that area she knows what I was saying I am sure. Anyone who knows New York knows their is a portion of Ney York that don't care much for New York City.  Especially up state New York. I worked at Lack Placid when the winter Olympics were going on. I have also spent a lot of time in the Syracuse and Buffalo areas.

Yes. New York state is big and I have friends from all over. But I was referring to the city where the sports team are represented. Although technically the Jets play in NJ with the Giants but their fans are in Manhattan. I do not hate Buffalo at all and one of my good friends is from Syracuse although he is a Giants fan and a Mets fan.

Troy is certainly entitled to his opinion, and the stats he used to form that opinion are accurate, so there you have it.

My opinion comes from another perspective. One that knows stats are only part of the info needed to offer a meaningful and insightful take on a player. Imagine if Luck played behind NE's O-Line instead. Brady has had more time to throw the ball than any QB I've ever seen in my nearly 50 years of watching football. Easily the best O-line in football the last 15 years. Here's a stat" Matt Cassel ranked 8th in the NFL in passing when Brady went down. 8th! Ahead of Brett Farve, Ben Roethlisberger, Tony Romo, Eli Manning, Jake Delhomme, Matt Ryan. Couldn't hold a job anywhere else. In fact he sucked once he left the secure little super pocket he had in NE. Having a great defense and an unbeatable O-Line is a formula for championships. It'll make even an average 6th rounder look like a hall-of-famer. Have a nice day Troy.

The team Cassell inherited went 16-0 the year prior. It had A LOT more than just a good Oline and yet Cassell was not able to lead the Pats to the playoffs whereas Brady took that team two minutes from a perfect season. That is the difference between a good QB leading a good team and a great player leading a good team. We soon find out if Luck is in the latter category ...

I have pondered this many times. As colt's fans we hate the Patriots, and I think that is what makes a good rivalry. SF hates Seattle, Pitt hates Baltimore. The one thing I don't see in these rivalries is former players going out and just trying to take down guys from other teams. Now I am not in those markets, so it may happen in their newspapers, but usually those things go national when something is said which seems to tear down an opponent.

The Patriots former players seem to like tearing down Colts players and the teams. Harrison does not like the Colts. If you have ever seen the replay of the 2006 AFC game, with all the players giving voice to what is happening, Harrison is the one guy who talks about the game, although he could not play in it, and seems to think it would have been a totally different result if he played. I do understand it is the player in him, but I get tired of it. Do you see former Colts players ripping on NE? Well enter Troy Brown on Patriots live show, and he needed to give his unvarnished version of what he thinks of Luck.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24931541/troy-brown-andrew-luck-is-no-better-than-andy-dalton

If a former player would give an honest estimate of a player, I can respect that, but lets look at reality.

What do you think Luck would do if he had the Cincinatti OL in front of him? Never considered that!

Too many of them think that there is an I in team. So okay, we are going to look at "a couple numbers" where dalton does better on? Now that's intelligent to get the whole picture.

Can we see comparisons for

Sacks/hits

Running game

OLine

WR drops

the old pats players are just upset because they know with Luck we have another 10-15 years of winning and as for the Pats in a few years when Belicheck and Brady retire the pats will go back to being bottom feeders just like they were before Belicheck and Brady.

the old pats players are just upset because they know with Luck we have another 10-15 years of winning and as for the Pats in a few years when Belicheck and Brady retire the pats will go back to being bottom feeders just like they were before Belicheck and Brady.

Because the Patriots weren't in the SB in '96.

Perhaps the Patriots will tank a season to get the #1 pick.

You really think Peyton's nerve issue in his neck was some kind of purposeful set up to get the first pick? You think the G.M and Head Coach and all of the players that got cut WANTED to lose their jobs? 

Chalk this up to another good reason to not like the Pats and their fans. Clueless and rude. 

As a Pats fan living in NE I can say that most Pats fans don't hate the Colts or Andrew Luck.  If you were to take a poll of Pats fans of the teams they dislike, it would most likely go in this order...

1.) Jets

2.) Steelers

3.) Broncos

4.) Ravens

5.) Colts

There's many Pats fans who dislike the Dolphins and Bills more than the Colts.

Most Pats fans don't hate Andrew Luck and many probably don't follow his career very closely so they base Luck on how he performs against the Pats and other top tier teams which hasn't been that good.

You really think Peyton's nerve issue in his neck was some kind of purposeful set up to get the first pick? You think the G.M and Head Coach and all of the players that got cut WANTED to lose their jobs? 

Chalk this up to another good reason to not like the Pats and their fans. Clueless and rude. 

I've never read or heard any Pats fan say or believe that conspiracy.  If they exist they're ignorant.  I think most Pats fans believed it was a right move to tank the season in 2011 and get the #1 pick if they were in the Colts position.  I know I'd want the Pats to tank if Brady got hurt to get as high a draft pick as possible.

Yes. New York state is big and I have friends from all over. But I was referring to the city where the sports team are represented. Although technically the Jets play in NJ with the Giants but their fans are in Manhattan. I do not hate Buffalo at all and one of my good friends is from Syracuse although he is a Giants fan and a Mets fan.

I have relatives who live in Manhattan.  Manhattan maybe the most international non-american part of the U.S. full of foreigners but also americans from all over the country who are not originally from New York,

Most Giants, Jets, Yankees, Mets fans live in Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island, Yonkers, New Jersey and southeast Connecticut (Tri-State area).  

As a Pats fan living in NE I can say that most Pats fans don't hate the Colts or Andrew Luck.  If you were to take a poll of Pats fans of the teams they dislike, it would most likely go in this order...

1.) Jets

2.) Steelers

3.) Broncos

4.) Ravens

5.) Colts

Most Pats fans don't hate Andrew Luck and many probably don't follow his career very closely so they base Luck on how he performs against the Pats and other top tier teams which hasn't been that good.

I'm surprised that you put the Ravens in that list at all SW33 because if John Harbaugh played in the NFC & Bill rarely faced Baltimore in the regular season they would best best friends hanging out on his luxurious yacht fishing boat in the offseason. Those 2 men have tremendous respect for 1 another. I agree with you though on the Dolphins. The fins always play NE tough. If Miami ever won a playoff game & went up against NE, that would be a fascinating 3 hours game to watch. It will never happen though because Joe Philbin doesn't have the mental capacity to ever make that happen in a million years. 

Regarding Luck, his 2 issues are starting slow in games & for some reason, he likes to throw multiple picks against the Patriots. He will solve this turnover rubix cube eventually or as soon as we get a reliable running game that is. I am confident that INDY will beat the Bengals this weekend, but beyond that not so much. Only if lady luck is on our side which means we get knocked out in round 2 probably by Brady & company. It is what it is. 

And now that Rex Ryan is gone from NY, the Jets slide to the bottom of the barrel in the AFC East. They are gonna suck with sexy Rexy gone. Book it. I realize 4-12 blows, but trust me, I can see the Jets sinking even lower. It's not gonna be pretty even with a top draft pick in May. 

I'm surprised that you put the Ravens in that list at all SW33 because if John Harbaugh played in the NFC & Bill rarely faced Baltimore in the regular season they best best friends hanging out on his luxurious yacht fishing boat in the offseason. Those 2 men have tremendous respect for 1 another. I agree with you though on the Dolphins. The fins always play NE tough. If Miami ever won a playoff game & went up against NE, that would be a fascinating 3 hours game to watch. It will never happen though because Joe Philbin does have the mental capacity to ever make that happen in a million years. 

Regarding Luck, his 2 issues are starting slow in games & for some reason, he likes to throw multiple picks against the Patriots. He will solve this turnover rubix cube eventually or as soon as we get a reliable running game that is. I am confident that INDY will beat the Bengals this weekend, but beyond that not so much. Only if lady luck is on our side which means we get knocked out in round 2 probably by Brady & company. It is what it is. 

It was the Ravens who knocked the Pats out of the playoffs twice since 2009 and were a trash talking team.  Suggs shooting his mouth off about the Pats and their fans didn't help their popularity among Pats fans either.  Not sure if they changed their tune.

The Dolphins to me seem like a team on the rise.

Some of ya'll just have to come to terms with the fact that not everyone is going to worship Luck like a god. Lucks a good QB, We know that...Brown knows that even if he don't come right out and say that...That's all that really needs to be said

We get it Gavin, some fans worship Luck and you are not one of them.

As a Pats fan living in NE I can say that most Pats fans don't hate the Colts or Andrew Luck. If you were to take a poll of Pats fans of the teams they dislike, it would most likely go in this order...

1.) Jets

2.) Steelers

3.) Broncos

4.) Ravens

5.) Colts

Agreed. Luck is a good kid; there's no one on the Colts that I dislike.

It was the Ravens who knocked the Pats out of the playoffs twice since 2009 and were a trash talking team.  Suggs shooting his mouth off about the Pats and their fans didn't help their popularity among Pats fans either.  Not sure if they changed their tune.

The Dolphins to me seem like a team on the rise.

Suggs is a good trash talker. He just does that to get his competitive juices flowing. T-sizzle usually shows up on the field so I'm okay with his smack talk. Secretly, I think he likes Brady's tenacity to win getting the o-line pumped up on the sidelines. He'd never admit that publicly though. 

Yeah, I get that John Harbaugh's team has beaten the Patriots before, but if BB loses against Baltimore, he doesn't hate them though. I just don't fear the Dolphins though & while their QB is improving I just don't see Ryan Tannehill as a legitimate franchise QB even with HOF Dan Marino's expert NFL tutelage.  

the fact that so many people think we did that on purpose is comical. And I agree pats fans give you plenty of reason to dislike then it's always "Look at us we are great we are above all" bla bla bla no one cares