Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hats off to the AFC East Patriots

bap1331

The AFC is too weak to compete against the Pats especially with Home Field advantage. Brady is like 55 years old and knows every tip and trick in the book to beat every team. I mean, the Colts could barely beat the Browns today...

Peyton couldnt even score against the Bills. Chargers nevertheless never get past the Patriots or Broncos. Bengals...do I even need to go into that? And sheesh, the Steelers only won 2 Super Bowls since 2005 when they didnt have to face the Patriots to get there..

Maybe the Ravens on a day when Joe Flacco feels like playing...

Its an utterly complete joke! Now maybe if we had Mathis, Vick Ballard wasnt made out of glass, and Reggie was still 29, maybe we would have higher chances.

However i dont think the Pats stand a chance against the NFC. Theyre very young, hungry and their defenses are among the best. All it takes is pressure against Brady and he starts to panic. He tries to run the ball so much he forgets how to pass...

in my point made, i believe the Colts can beat any team in the NFL but if you cant figure out how to beat the Patriots, then the win wont be worth it...

Any given Sunday.  To say the Pats are AFC Champions right now is premature.  They may be in that position when the time comes, but it's too early to say.  Plus, this is the NFL; you never know what could happen.  The Raiders beat the 49ers, and Carolina's defense held the Saints offense to just 10 points in the Superdome.

Been saying for like 6 weeks they're the best overall team in football by a mile. Loss to GB be damned. If GB didn't have a monster for a QB NE would have beat them, too.

NE's offense didn't do jack today, so they won with defense and special teams. They have no  substantial weaknesses, and all phases of that team can rise up and win any given game by making great plays. They are at least "ok" at everything and in most cases a lot better than that.

Miami has a puncher's chance if Tannehill is in Jekyl not Hyde mode. Buffalo? Jets? lol no.

So much more football to be played but I like the Pats chances more now to get the 1 seed and then go from there. 3 tough division games coming up so more work to do.

But tonight was BIG. Great defensive performance against a good offense on the road. That is what it will take to really make a run at this thing.

As an aside, NE is one of the top teams in the +- takeaways/giveaways for the umpteenth time in a row.

The entire NE team is a weapon. It's pretty impressive to watch year after year with that consistency. This year nobody can really go toe to toe with them in that regard....no other dominant teams. Closest would be ARZ if they had a QB.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 8, 2014 - baiting
Hidden by Nadine, December 8, 2014 - baiting

Sadly this isn't the biggest overreaction thread of the season.

Sadly it seems most people around here care more about getting attention then making it a fun place to be. I'm glad the holidays are upon us, and I wont be around to see such sad faces... and silly comments from people like this whole thread. It should only take a few minutes before stuff like this is closed.

I was going to post something similar. My prediction is GB and NE in the Super Bowl with GB getting the win. Unfortunately, the AFC is most likely going through NE to get to the Super Bowl. I know "Any given Sunday", but realistically, the odds are stacked against anyone beating NE at home. A good team has a chance against NE outside of NE, even a statistical edge (slight edge as favorite), but not so much at NE. Too big of a mountain to climb. SD was the last best chance to knock NE from the top.

I was going to post something similar. My prediction is GB and NE in the Super Bowl with GB getting the win. Unfortunately, the AFC is most likely going through NE to get to the Super Bowl. I know "Any given Sunday", but realistically, the odds are stacked against anyone beating NE at home. A good team has a chance against NE outside of NE, even a statistical edge (slight edge as favorite), but not so much at NE. Too big of a mountain to climb. SD was the last best chance to knock NE from the top.

I'll respond to my comment with this, I would have said odds are, "NE will be going to the Super Bowl" (not so much as "Hats off to the AFC Champions - Patriots". Of course, my comment means they would have to eventually be the AFC Champions. I don't think it's so ridiculous to make that bet if you were a betting person. I'm not being negative, I'm only suggesting the odds are supporting that end. I believe the same would have happened last year if NE had not gone to Denver for the AFC Championship, but instead had home field throughout. I would rather face any other team at their home field than to face NE at Foxboro. 

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 8, 2014 - response to removed post
Hidden by Nadine, December 8, 2014 - response to removed post

Sadly it seems most people around here care more about getting attention then making it a fun place to be. I'm glad the holidays are upon us, and I wont be around to see such sad faces... and silly comments from people like this whole thread. It should only take a few minutes before stuff like this is closed.

Enjoy your festivities Skelly.

At this point I would pick Seattle to beat GB even on the road. They are playing the best defense in the league along with the Patriots.

The only team that can win in NE is Baltimore. Right now, they are 8-5 with a game coming up against the Jags. Frankly, it's a miracle they are 8-5, as they just lost two more cornerbacks, Gorrer and Levine. They are down to just two cornerbacks , Ladarius Webb coming off a bad back, and Asa Jackson, who just came off IR after missing five weeks. If they could win out, they have the Jags at home, at Houston, and the Browns at home, they could be dangerous if Pees could stabilize a battered secondary. Flacco is starting to look like the quarterback that led us to the Super Bowl. They could be a dangerous team if they got in the playoffs. It's going to be tough though to win with that secondary against elite quarterbacks like Brady, etc.

The only team that can win in NE is Baltimore. Right now, they are 8-5 with a game coming up against the Jags. Frankly, it's a miracle they are 8-5, as they just lost two more cornerbacks, Gorrer and Levine. They are down to just two cornerbacks , Ladarius Webb coming off a bad back, and Asa Jackson, who just came off IR after missing five weeks. If they could win out, they have the Jags at home, at Houston, and the Browns at home, they could be dangerous if Pees could stabilize a battered secondary. Flacco is starting to look like the quarterback that led us to the Super Bowl. They could be a dangerous team if they got in the playoffs. It's going to be tough though to win with that secondary against elite quarterbacks like Brady, etc.

Not this year Crow. We have the defense to completely shut down Flacco. Did you see what we did to Rivers? Did you see how well the SD defense played us? Did not matter. The defense let up 7 points on the road and the Chargers never saw the red zone after that first drive again.

Not this year Crow. We have the defense to completely shut down Flacco. Did you see what we did to Rivers? Did you see how well the SD defense played us? Did not matter. The defense let up 7 points on the road and the Chargers never saw the red zone after that first drive again.

I think it would be a long shot, but Baltimore has the mentality to play NE tough and handle the cold weather. Flacco is a much better QB in the playoffs. The sad thing is the Ravens are a vastly improved team from a year ago, but they will have a tough time playing any elite QB with their injuries. If we had Jimmy Smith at CB, we could make a run. Right now, with all the injuries , I would be happy making the playoffs , then one and done. If we could get a division Championship somehow with all the injuries , I would be overjoyed.

I think it would be a long shot, but Baltimore has the mentality to play NE tough and handle the cold weather. Flacco is a much better QB in the playoffs. The sad thing is the Ravens are a vastly improved team from a year ago, but they will have a tough time playing any elite QB with their injuries. If we had Jimmy Smith at CB, we could make a run. Right now, with all the injuries , I would be happy making the playoffs , then one and done. If we could get a division Championship somehow with all the injuries , I would be overjoyed.

That is true. There is no fear in the Ravens. I just think with this defense we will be hard to beat especially if we get home field.

What do you make of the Steelers? So up and down. They have a chance at the division too.

That is true. There is no fear in the Ravens. I just think with this defense we will be hard to beat especially if we get home field.

What do you make of the Steelers? So up and down. They have a chance at the division too.

The Ravens are easy to figure out. We beat all the teams we should beat, and have trouble beating the elite QB's because of our secondary situation. The only exception is the Bengals, who we would have split with, except for that horrible offensive pass interference call against Steve Smith.

As far as Pittsburgh goes, I can't figure them out at all. It is one of the weirdest teams around, losing to Tampa , NO, and other horrible teams, and blowing out the Colts, Ravens, and Bengals. If anyone can figure them out, let me know.

All I know is we need to win out. I will hope the Steelers lose to the Falcons in Atlanta. Cincy and SD need to lose again also. We play three teams with not elite QB's coming up, and that is usually good. This team is probably a year away if Ozzie addresses the CB situation. It is not dissimilar to Belichick picking up Browner and Revis. That is what we need now .

One thing is for sure. Chargers are a feisty bunch and the Broncos should be thanking the Patriots for at least keeping their division hopes alive because I feel the Chargers will take down the Broncos at home the next game and run the table moving forward as well, much like the Patriots.

Chargers at #5 will probably have a repeat matchup vs the Patriots at Foxboro in the divisional round after taking down the Bengals, I feel, assuming that the Colts take care of business as a #3 seed.

One thing is for sure. Chargers are a feisty bunch and the Broncos should be thanking the Patriots for at least keeping their division hopes alive because I feel the Chargers will take down the Broncos at home the next game and run the table moving forward as well, much like the Patriots.

Chargers at #5 will probably have a repeat matchup vs the Patriots at Foxboro in the divisional round after taking down the Bengals, I feel, assuming that the Colts take care of business as a #3 seed.

The Chargers have a tough way to go playing Denver, KC, and SF. I will be pulling for Denver in that game.

Anything can happen in the playoffs, but New England is the favorite at this point. The Colts possible saving grace is that their away record is close to their home record (5-2 at home, 4-2 on the road), so they can win anywhere. The problem is that New England is undefeated at home and that is a true homefield advantage with a dominant team and coach. I'd like to see a miracle, but it's maybe a 25% chance at this point.

The Chargers have a tough way to go playing Denver, KC, and SF. I will be pulling for Denver in that game.

Outside the Broncos, I do not see the 49ers or Chiefs challenging them and those 2 are road games, for crying out loud.

Besides, the way Peyton has been playing and C.J.Anderson is playing, the Broncos will be a stiff test. Once Peyton sees his runs stuffed, he starts to get impatient and panic. 4 three and outs for Brady and the Patriots, his D held up EVERY SINGLE TIME. 4 three and outs for Peyton, the Broncos' D will start panicking and give up 1 or 2 TDs at least. There in lies the difference while playing the Chargers. The character and patience to win a game with low offensive output that is tied for most of the game, I just do not see it in Peyton and the Broncos.

Outside the Broncos, I do not see the 49ers or Chiefs challenging them and those 2 are road games, for crying out loud.

Besides, the way Peyton has been playing and C.J.Anderson is playing, the Broncos will be a stiff test. Once Peyton sees his runs stuffed, he starts to get impatient and panic. 4 three and outs for Brady and the Patriots, his D held up EVERY SINGLE TIME. 4 three and outs for Peyton, the Broncos' D will start panicking and give up 1 or 2 TDs at least. There in lies the difference while playing the Chargers. The character and patience to win a game with low offensive output that is tied for most of the game, I just do not see it in Peyton and the Broncos.

I'm just looking at it from a Ravens perspective. We need to win out beating the Jags, at Houston, and Cleveland at home. I need the Chargers to lose at least one of the three remaining games. The Patriots win helped me. I agree, Denver looks like they are running out of gas.

No-no-no, never... 

Nothing is decided yet. It's a complete mistake to assume anything with these next three games. All three teams are capable of beating the Patriots. The Jets played them to the final whistle in Foxboro, the Dolphins already beat them once, and the Bills could come to Gillette, and... OK, so two of the three teams they have left could play spoiler! (Just kidding Buffalo!) 

You don't know that. Seems to me the Seahawks might be in that mix. They are playing at a super bowl level right now too. :dunno:

Just my opinion, and I really hate the Patriots, Tom Brady, and Belichick. As far as Seattle goes, yes their playing at a high level right now, but I think Green Bay is coming out of the NFC. I would put money on it.

Been saying for like 6 weeks they're the best overall team in football by a mile. Loss to GB be damned. If GB didn't have a monster for a QB NE would have beat them, too.

NE's offense didn't do jack today, so they won with defense and special teams. They have no  substantial weaknesses, and all phases of that team can rise up and win any given game by making great plays. They are at least "ok" at everything and in most cases a lot better than that.

Miami has a puncher's chance if Tannehill is in Jekyl not Hyde mode. Buffalo? Jets? lol no.

"If GB didn't have a monster for a QB NE would have beat them, too" . . . One could counter that NE wouldn't be the best team in the AFC without Tom Brady. . .  No sense in pointing that out.

However what is worth pointing out is that NE had to play that game in Green Bay, it was close and there was points left on the field.

So you never know what might happen on a neutral field.

"The O didn't do jack"? They were Ok but pedestrian doesn't cut it for the Patriots. They're always held to higher standards by fans around the league.  

"If GB didn't have a monster for a QB NE would have beat them, too" . . . One could counter that NE wouldn't be the best team in the AFC without Tom Brady. . .  No sense in pointing that out.

However what is worth pointing out is that NE had to play that game in Green Bay, it was close and there was points left on the field.

So you never know what might happen on a neutral field.

NE would still be the best overall team in football without Brady, just not head and shoulders above the rest like it is now.   Arizona would be better if they actually had a QB. They're the only team I'd say is as balanced or better at everyr facet as NE....aside from the most important which is QB. No QB is brutal and absolutely damning to SB aspirations.

GB isn't an amazing well rounded team, but they're better than most and their QB plays out of his mind. They probably have the best chance of anyone in the league at beating NE...but even then on a neutral field or at Foxboro I'd take NE 7/10 times.

The Ravens are easy to figure out. We beat all the teams we should beat, and have trouble beating the elite QB's because of our secondary situation. The only exception is the Bengals, who we would have split with, except for that horrible offensive pass interference call against Steve Smith.

As far as Pittsburgh goes, I can't figure them out at all. It is one of the weirdest teams around, losing to Tampa , NO, and other horrible teams, and blowing out the Colts, Ravens, and Bengals. If anyone can figure them out, let me know.

All I know is we need to win out. I will hope the Steelers lose to the Falcons in Atlanta. Cincy and SD need to lose again also. We play three teams with not elite QB's coming up, and that is usually good. This team is probably a year away if Ozzie addresses the CB situation. It is not dissimilar to Belichick picking up Browner and Revis. That is what we need now .

While I respect Baltimore (how can I not, having seen the Patriots lose two playoff games to them at home)...

I think this dynamic changed a lot when Ray Lewis and Ed Reed left. Those two were the savvy veterans who played the chess game with Brady every time. I know the Ravens aren't a bunch of chumps, but NE went to Baltimore last year in a big game for the Ravens (playoff implications) and it wasn't even close. Although Lewis and Reed were past their physical primes, their acumen and intelligence were huge in defeating the Patriots. I wouldn't be quite as nervous about playing them at this point.

That said, I'd rather get a nice tomato can in the divisional round, lol! 

While I respect Baltimore (how can I not, having seen the Patriots lose two playoff games to them at home)...

I think this dynamic changed a lot when Ray Lewis and Ed Reed left. Those two were the savvy veterans who played the chess game with Brady every time. I know the Ravens aren't a bunch of chumps, but NE went to Baltimore last year in a big game for the Ravens (playoff implications) and it wasn't even close. Although Lewis and Reed were past their physical primes, their acumen and intelligence were huge in defeating the Patriots. I wouldn't be quite as nervous about playing them at this point.

That said, I'd rather get a nice tomato can in the divisional round, lol!

There may be something to that, but we are hoping CJ Mosley will eventually fill that role for Ray. In all honesty, we are probably a year away from being a serious contender if Ozzie gets us cornerback help. This year's team is far better than the one NE blasted last year. At this point, I would be happy just getting in the playoffs. The major reason the Ravens have had some success against the Patriots, is because they build to beat the Steelers. NE is a lot like Pittsburgh in that it's a tough northeast team with a solid defense and good quarterback. The Ravens don't get intimidated playing Pittsburgh or NE like some other teams do. That being said, the Patriots would be a prohibitive favorite against Baltimore this year.

There may be something to that, but we are hoping CJ Mosley will eventually fill that role for Ray. In all honesty, we are probably a year away from being a serious contender if Ozzie gets us cornerback help. This year's team is far better than the one NE blasted last year. At this point, I would be happy just getting in the playoffs. The major reason the Ravens have had some success against the Patriots, is because they build to beat the Steelers. NE is a lot like Pittsburgh in that it's a tough northeast team with a solid defense and good quarterback. The Ravens don't get intimidated playing Pittsburgh or NE like some other teams do. That being said, the Patriots would be a prohibitive favorite against Baltimore this year.

All in all I can think of a couple other teams I'd rather see NE play, lol!

No Ravens, no Giants... lol...