Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bradshaw has broken ankle (Merge)

sfergson727

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure the Patriots wanted to stick it to Bradshaw based on their last memories of Lucas Oil Stadium, their loss to the Giants. If you noticed what I noticed, there was a lot of grabbing on OL and DL play from the Pats, just after the whistle late shots like they were begging for penalties.

The Patriots sure played with an edge. They have been one of the most penalized teams in the league this year, if you have not noticed. The Seahawks were the most penalized team last year and you know how it worked out. Belichick is counting on the fact that once the playoffs come around, the refs normally let them play and eventually, this edge that they play with will work for them. Ravens pushed the edge in 2012 too right up to the last minute drive vs the 49ers in the SB. It is called "using the refs tendencies to your advantage" and this time, Belichick has the team and is prepared to do it.

To be fair TR has been better this year. I don't think he is the answer but at the same time The Colts don't use him right. Big part of the problem is the last 4 or 5 years the oline just can't run block. Part of that is the Colts are a pass heavy team

Hes better in blocking and yards after receiving but not running from line of scrimmage.

I am sure the Patriots wanted to stick it to Bradshaw based on their last memories of Lucas Oil Stadium, their loss to the Giants. If you noticed what I noticed, there was a lot of grabbing on OL and DL play from the Pats, just after the whistle late shots like they were begging for penalties.

The Patriots sure played with an edge. They have been one of the most penalized teams in the league this year, if you have not noticed. The Seahawks were the most penalized team last year and you know how it worked out. Belichick is counting on the fact that once the playoffs come around, the refs normally let them play and eventually, this edge that they play with will work for them. Ravens pushed the edge in 2012 too right up to the last minute drive vs the 49ers in the SB. It is called "using the refs tendencies to your advantage" and this time, Belichick has the team and is prepared to do it.

The problem is that the [expensive] refs don't judge both teams with the same criteria , T.Y. and Wayne played against 5+yds holdings and PI also and a dirty play against Hilton illegal contact he was hit twice on the same play and the refs didn't throw the flag,  and Toler played really well a couple of non-penalty contacts that the refs consider PI, but really our DL and LB can't stop the run, and our secondary without Davis can't stop the pass.

I knew Bradshaw wouldn't make it the whole season, I hoped I was wrong, but it was just so unlikely.

Trent ..... Well ..... Ummmm .... He blocks well.

Ballard and Bradshaw are made of glass, who knows what Boom can or can't do at this point, and Trent will never be more then an overrated backup.

Gonna need to draft someone, because right now there is nobody.

I knew Bradshaw wouldn't make it the whole season, I hoped I was wrong, but it was just so unlikely.

Ballard and Bradshaw are made of glass, who knows what Boom can or can't do at this point, and Trent will never be more then an overrated backup.

Maybe move up Zurlon Tipton and he can be our Jonas Gray, :)

I really hope Richardson can finally show up...against the Jags..If not....

Don't put too much stock in that one. Herron is our only shot at running the ball. 

Trent shows up when there are holes to run through.

There were no holes tonight.   Zero.   Not even for Bradshaw or Luck.

I will give you that NE closed off all INDY's running lanes my friend, but Al Michaels & Cris Collinsworth basically inferred that Ryan Grigson giving up draft picks for Trent Richardson was a huge mistake & I happen to agree with them. Good running backs are supposed to be able to run effectively between the tackles not outside or in open space that never impresses me. 

I said this in another thread. We need to draft 1 maybe 2 quality RBs next May in the draft. 

Don't put too much stock in that one. Herron is are only shot at running the ball. 

I will give you that NE closed off all INDY's running lanes my friend, but Al Michaels & Cris Collinsworth basically inferred that Ryan Grigson giving up draft picks for Trent Richardson was a huge mistake & I happen to agree with them. Good running backs are supposed to be able to run effectively between the tackles not outside or in open space that never impresses me. 

I said this in another thread. We need to draft 1 maybe 2 quality RBs next May in the draft. 

Whether the trade was wise or not is no longer the point.    That ship sailed a long time ago.

The point now is to get the most out of Trent.   And I think he's shown he can be a decent RB.    Serviceable.

But when there's no where to run,  there's simply no where to run.    And that's what Jon Gruden said earlier this season when Trent was stuffed repeatedly.     It's not his fault,  he's got no where to run.

When we provide holes,  Trent runs through them.   Not as well as Bradshaw does, but he runs through them.

Right now, the Colts have a LOT of needs for next spring's draft.    I think there's little chance of drafting two.

We might draft one and sign another in free agency.    That's what could happen....

and why is that do you think NCF ?  Patriots have a new Oline Coach and in 5 games with new people and changes he has their Oline purring and then Pushes our Heavy Dline at will....  think it is people or Coaching ?... I lean towards the latter of the two....

Honestly,  I wish I knew....   not close enough to know.    But if we make a coaching change this off-season,  then we'll know what Grigson thinks.

At this point, I'm willing to say both.   But right now we're not getting much from 4 lineman.   Everyone but Castanzo.

Truer words were never more accuate Modern. All TR is decent at is blocking. It feels like Donald Brown #2: Get the ball, bounce off a pile, & fall down. I realize that sounds harsh, but it's how I truly feel regarding TR. 

I still say he has a large blind spot vision wise regarding his peripheral vision. 

I feel for Bradshaw guy has heart and is hard running. But I think its time to cut ties with him. Trich isn't setting the world on fire either so I'd look at letting him walk as well. Rumor has it that the seahawks will not be resigning Lynch, time to go for him. And get us an oline that can block.

an aging (and wearing) running back thats been on two previous teams and will probably ask for a ridiculous contract to underperform? No thanks.  We don't need Lynch or anything like that, we need holes in the oline.  Yesterday's rushing attack was 100% on the oline

wow. one of the most well thought/analytical posts i seen here in awhile. never realized that, and it makes 100% sense looking back at the previous SB champs as well

Truer words were never more accuate Modern. All TR is decent at is blocking. It feels like Donald Brown #2: Get the ball, bounce off a pile, & fall down. I realize that sounds harsh, but it's how I truly feel regarding TR. 

I still say he has a large blind spot vision wise regarding his peripheral vision. 

Trent is fine as a receiver.

Whether the trade was wise or not is no longer the point.    That ship sailed a long time ago.

The point now is to get the most out of Trent.   And I think he's shown he can be a decent RB.    Serviceable.

But when there's no where to run,  there's simply no where to run.    And that's what Jon Gruden said earlier this season when Trent was stuffed repeatedly.     It's not his fault,  he's got no where to run.

When we provide holes,  Trent runs through them.   Not as well as Bradshaw does, but he runs through them.

Right now, the Colts have a LOT of needs for next spring's draft.    I think there's little chance of drafting two.

We might draft one and sign another in free agency.    That's what could happen....

I'd have to watch TR's start against San Francisco last year with INDY to see if that's actually true or remind myself anyway since that West Coast game is his best game to date. 

You might be right about a lack of running lanes NCF, but TR's been on our roster awhile now & the lightbulb of awareness should be turning on at some point beyond just 1 exceptional Niners game. 

Trent is fine as a receiver.

Yes, I have seen TR catch the ball from Luck out of the backfield before. But, I never said that Richardson can't produce in open space. I said he has difficulty running between the tackles when the weather gets cold & opposing DCs cut off the outside edges. 

I get it. When DCs restrict the ground game, you institute bubble screens like Andy Reid does to move the ball in short intervals through the air as a way to move the chains. My point is this: INDY is paying him to run the ball effectively not be a TE/WR. 

Speaking of TE's what's the health status of Dwayne Allen BTW? I was so bummed when it was announced that he was out of the game. Fleener played great though. 

Yes, I have seen TR catch the ball from Luck out of the backfield before. But, I never said that Richardson can't produce in open space. I said he has difficulty running between the tackles when the weather gets cold & opposing DCs cut off the outside edges. 

I get it. When DCs restrict the ground game, you institute bubble screens like Andy Reid does to move the ball in short intervals through the air as a way to move the chains. My point is this: INDY is paying him to run the ball effectively not be a TE/WR. 

Speaking of TE's what's the health status of Dwayne Allen BTW? I was so bummed when it was announced that he was out of the game. Fleener played great though. 

Dwayne Allen is day to day with a low ankle sprain and is hopefully about playing Sunday.

One of the biggest problems I've noticed with Trent is that he takes forever to get moving and when he is at full speed he looks like a deer wearing roller skates.

I don't think catching out of the backfield is gonna help much at this point. You have to be able to run and pick up yards.

The line isn't great but there have been holes and Trent has found them, he just doesn't do much with them and leaves a lot of yards on the field.

Can't go into next season thinking Trent and Ballard are gonna cut it, Ballard isn't any more durable then Bradshaw.

I don't think Boom will set the world on fire, I wish he would, but I don't see it happening.

Grigson has to do something in the off season with the running back position, he has to admit Trent was a mistake and move on and find someone else. Trent can back up whoever he finds, but forcing Trent into a starting role which he doesn't deserve will only lead to another disappointing season.

Bradshaw was bound to get hurt again, the whole league knew it which is why the Colts could sign him for next to nothing.

I would bring in someone to replace Bradshaw and let Trent and Ballard battle for the number 2 spot while also adding another back for insurance purposes and to give me more options if anyone, Ballard most likely, is injured.

Dwayne Allen is day to day with a low ankle sprain and is hopefully about playing Sunday.

One of the biggest problems I've noticed with Trent is that he takes forever to get moving and when he is at full speed he looks like a deer wearing roller skates.

That's for the health update Dr. Corgi.  ;)

Yeah, TR does take longer that he should to get going once he gets the ball like a semi driver who has to downshift to climb a large steep hill. Part of that is waiting for his line to generate openings for him, but I get what your saying though TR hesitates too long before he progresses forward. Maybe he's just trying to secure the ball on handoff before he moves I don't know. 

I like TR's attitude & work ethic, but that still doesn't change the fact that his yards per carry average is minimal at best & unless we go to Herron & only use TR on pass protection blocking we are toast. TR is not gonna be viewed as a serious ground threat to anybody period. Does less than 3 yards per carry scare any DC? Nope. 

Trent miss's a lot of holes to! Not last night but in other games, he is a dancer in a north & south runners body!

To be fair TR has been better this year. I don't think he is the answer but at the same time The Colts don't use him right. Big part of the problem is the last 4 or 5 years the oline just can't run block. Part of that is the Colts are a pass heavy team

What boggles me is they sometimes hand the ball to him on sweeping pitch plays. This is a mistake. He doesn't have the agility to turn it up-field, north-south, so soon. The problem is he's also too fat to go inside. We paid for a HB, not a FB! We need 3+yds on average, not 1-2.

This whole power run scheme isn't working. There is a reason undersized HB's, like Darren Sproles, are thriving in today's no-huddle NFL. Last time I checked, the Colts do occasionally run no-huddle under Luck, so why are we not taking advantage of that I will never know.

I'd have to watch TR's start against San Francisco last year with INDY to see if that's actually true or remind myself anyway since that West Coast game is his best game to date. 

You might be right about a lack of running lanes NCF, but TR's been on our roster awhile now & the lightbulb of awareness should be turning on at some point beyond just 1 exceptional Niners game. 

I don't know why you have to go back to the SF game?

You can look at the games this year.    When there's room to run,  Trent runs fine.    

Trying to keep up with you....

Yes I'm the one running around and crying about the season being over in Mid-November when my team is in first place in their division. You scream bloody murder every time the Colts are down by a field goal. You are 1664 posts ahead of me in the drama queen department madam.

I don't know why you have to go back to the SF game?

You can look at the games this year. When there's room to run, Trent runs fine.

The question is how much room does he need to pick up average yards ? You want a back who can create holes and blast through crevices, not one who needs a hole big enough to drive a truck through so that he can pick up 3.5 yards.

He is yet to bust off a huge run in his career. To me that's kinda disturbing, I mean every dog has his day and every now and then you will catch the defense out of position and you can pop off a big one, but so far he hasn't.

Honestly unless Boom comes out on fire, the running game is done for. Bradshaw could keep defenses honest, I don't think Trent can, odds are Boom won't be able to either unless he was solely placed as a 3rd stringer because Grigson wouldn't admit he was better then Trent, which I can't really see. Even if Grigson demanded Trent be ahead in the depth chart, midway through the season and struggling to run you would have to put the other guy in if he was better.

I think the run game is pretty much done this season. I have a feeling that from here on out Luck will be making the longest runs on the team.

The question is how much room does he need to pick up average yards ? You want a back who can create holes and blast through crevices, not one who needs a hole big enough to drive a truck through so that he can pick up 3.5 yards.

He is yet to bust off a huge run in his career. To me that's kinda disturbing, I mean every dog has his day and every now and then you will catch the defense out of position and you can pop off a big one, but so far he hasn't.

Honestly unless Boom comes out on fire, the running game is done for. Bradshaw could keep defenses honest, I don't think Trent can, odds are Boom won't be able to either unless he was solely placed as a 3rd stringer because Grigson wouldn't admit he was better then Trent, which I can't really see. Even if Grigson demanded Trent be ahead in the depth chart, midway through the season and struggling to run you would have to put the other guy in if he was better.

I think the run game is pretty much done this season. I have a feeling that from here on out Luck will be making the longest runs on the team.

You may be right.....   but I certainly hope you're wrong.   (I suspect you hope that too)

If Luck is the one making our longest runs of the year,  then the rest of this season might go very, very badly for the Colts.