Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If You Were Belichek Would You Play Brady?

King Colt

I would bet the house he would. Belichek is not known to pull back on the reigns. I'm sure he would love nothing more than to run it up on the Colts. He's the same coach that left Welker in during a meaningless game at the end of the year and lost him for the playoffs.

Why risk Tom Brady's health against the Colts ( or Clods as I call them). I am anxious to see if he plays all four quarters. I bet the house he will not.

Belichek, does not QUIT. He does'nt care that we don't have a coach or a quarterback! they are going to destroy us. The only reason they might back off is because he feels he has nothing to prove against Caldwell. If we had dungy or a respected coach in this situation he would want to embarrass, that seems to be the he works.

Can't understand why the saints and giants game played both starting qbs for the entire game, but that was a heck of a fantasy football point machine. Please keep brady there since I have many teams led by him, but I doubt that could help much since we couldn't even stop their running backs.

Can't understand why the saints and giants game played both starting qbs for the entire game, but that was a heck of a fantasy football point machine. Please keep brady there since I have many teams led by him, but I doubt that could help much since we couldn't even stop their running backs.

rotfl.....Tony, if fantasy football is your concern you couldn't have a better starting QB this week than Brady.

He'll probably play all 60 minutes...and he might just produce 60 points... in reality AND fantasy.

rotfl.....Tony, if fantasy football is your concern you couldn't have a better starting QB this week than Brady.

He'll probably play all 60 minutes...and he might just produce 60 points... in reality AND fantasy.

Actually they have adviced to start any player of any team against the colts including their defense and kickers, and we just keep proving they are right. DeAngelo williams had only 1td in his previous 20sth games but against colts he got 2... Since we slip to the dead last of the league, fantasy football has become my only opium...

Actually they have adviced to start any player of any team against the colts including their defense and kickers, and we just keep proving they are right. DeAngelo williams had only 1td in his previous 20sth games but against colts he got 2... Since we slip to the dead last of the league, fantasy football has become my only opium...

Me too.....its a long time until Draft Day.

Of course he's going to play.....I dont know of many NFL QB's who dont play in a game unless injured or a playoff spot has been wrapped up.

Now, he may not finish the game....but since this is Belichek we're talking about, he may still have Brady throwing 50 yrd bombs when they're up 40+ in the 4th quarter.

Wonder how much heat Bill would get if say in the 4th quarter with the Pats up by 20+ ole Tom gets injuried and is out for the rest of the season all but squashing the Pats shot at the playoffs....

He has got the experience of playing welker in the meaningless game and teared his acl. They got kicked out of the playoff by the ravens the next week and watched the well-rested colts march all the way to the superbowl.

Wonder how much heat Bill would get if say in the 4th quarter with the Pats up by 20+ ole Tom gets injuried and is out for the rest of the season all but squashing the Pats shot at the playoffs....
They'll likely be up 20+ before halftime.....maybe the 1st quarter depending on how things go. That said....I would have a bit of a smile if Brady got hurt due to playing in blow-out time thanks to Belichek running up the score.

I thought this thread was a joke until I started reading.

Apparently some of you have not been paying attention to the New England Patriots. Hoyer might get a little mop-up duty IF the game is out of reach late, but otherwise, Brady will take every snap.

You play 16 games in an NFL season. None of them are "meaningless." Some are more important than others and have divisional and/or playoff implications, but there's zero chance Belichick would ever say that a game is meaningless.

Apparently some of you have not been paying attention to the New England Patriots. Hoyer might get a little mop-up duty IF the game is out of reach late, but otherwise, Brady will take every snap.

You play 16 games in an NFL season. None of them are "meaningless." Some are more important than others and have divisional and/or playoff implications, but there's zero chance Belichick would ever say that a game is meaningless.

Hence the 3 super bowl rings.He always plays to win, and big. Like Jimmy Johnson once said while coaching the Cowboys when he was up big, as long as the team behind is not taking a knee, why should we.

Why risk Tom Brady's health against the Colts ( or Clods as I call them). I am anxious to see if he plays all four quarters. I bet the house he will not.

You're going to lose your house....

Its late in the years and some of Brady's receivers are relatively young...

Indy doesnt have anybody who's going to crush your receivers coming across the middle.

I think the Colts may put up decent points..but NE pjuts up big points..

...and Tom Brady will play until the final series

I think Brady should and would start out the game. If I would Belicheck I would play Brady the first half, and then let Hoyer play the 3rd and Mallet the 4th. The halfitme score should be something big, so play Hoyer, but if it isn't keep Brady. If the Colts somehow make the game close, put Brady in there to close it out.

I had to laugh when I saw that the New England defense was the number one pick up in NFL fantasy leagues this week,

I assume it's just a coincidence...

Right?

:eek:

Agreed. It is ridiculous there was even a thread about this in the first place.

Let's see; I have Brady, Welker, R.Gronkowski and the Patriots D. I might do pretty well this week. :)

That is a sig-worthy quote. :D