Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Credit to the defense

snkdy

I loved the defense! Especially Sergio! We could improve on dealing with RBs and TEs. But to only allow 13 points on a hot and 7 ranked offense, makes me pretty happy about their play!

Im going to give it to Werner also. I give him a lot of flack but he came up big!

The decision to start Harrison almost cost us with three really bad plays. Thank goodness Luck is good enough to cover them up. Disappointed with the sloppyness and turnovers. Without those, this game was a almost dominant performance. Defense stepped up big time. Werner has been a hair away from multiple sacks this season, perhaps this is where he turns the corner.

Manusky finally started to blitz more, it was the best play calling game he's had. This is how you play to your strengths, blitz 5 and rely on your CB's to make stops. Werner and Davis was outstanding today but they were put in great positions to make those plays. I want to see more of this aggressive defense as the season goes on.

Great game by our defense, Davis is a stud, Werner played great and got 2 sacks, Sergio Brown actually looked quite good, just solid all around, and we still don't even have our best D-lineman in Art Jones out there. 

dont forget mathis even tho wont be playing this year :(

The Colts dominated most of the game and yet the annoucers could only talk about how great the Raves D was, this game should have been around 35 - 13 Colts!!

Definitely should've been a routing indeed, doesn't help when the team has 2x redzone turnovers that's a min of 6 pts off the board. In the end though a win is a win, they gotta clean up those turnovers though.

The Colts dominated most of the game and yet the annoucers could only talk about how great the Raves D was,  this game should have been around 35 - 13 Colts!!

Probably because good red zone D by the ravens is what prevented it from being 35-13 colts.

I don't know about you guys but this should have been our style of D for the last decade and we would have had more Lombardis to show for it.

Plus, I get the feeling our D plays hard to make up for Luck's mistakes even if he has any, much like how Flacco's Ravens or Big Ben's Steelers or Brady's Pats used to do. That is why I feel our Lombardi is not too far off.