Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Wr Reggie Wayne Frustrated, But Keeps His Cool

Coltssouth

I can certainly understand that he is frustrated, just like everyone else on the team I'm sure, but I hope that he will hang in there until next season. Hopefully Manning will be back, and things will be back to normal. We need Reggie on the team. He is such an assest, such a valuable weapon on the offensive side. I would hate to see him go, but I guess he has to do whatever is right for him. Whatever he does, I wish him the best. It would sure be weird to see him in anything excpt Indy blue, however.

I certainly hope he stays, but not at a high price. And I don't like his attitude towards it. "I'm not going to make it easy on them"? I know it's a business, but be open to negotiations. Keep your price too high and you could have a guy like Mark Sanchez throwing you the ball or end up on a team that doesn't make the playoffs until after you retire

the two big casualties from this year will be Wayne and Mathis. :(

I agree. It is not a good sign that the Colts and Wayne and Mathis haven't been able to negotiate their contracts. Wayne will definitely be gone if the team drafts Luck because that will be clear sign that we will be in rebuilding mode.

I certainly hope he stays, but not at a high price. And I don't like his attitude towards it. "I'm not going to make it easy on them"? I know it's a business, but be open to negotiations. Keep your price too high and you could have a guy like Mark Sanchez throwing you the ball or end up on a team that doesn't make the playoffs until after you retire

If sanzhez throws to him, that may mean that he is in playoff...

Only advice to him - don't stay here if manning is not around.

.....There's not a lot of place he can go for the money he wants...

(..although NewEngland is probably one)

THere are plenty of places he can go and will go. Other teams have the money to burn, even for an aging great receiver. Now, with news that Manning is thinking of retiring... Wayne is already as good as gone.

THere are plenty of places he can go and will go. Other teams have the money to burn, even for an aging great receiver. Now, with news that Manning is thinking of retiring... Wayne is already as good as gone.

where did you hear this

Hate to say this - if Peyton retires, Wayne is gone and he may go to a team like the Chargers who need the underneath possession wideout that runs good routes. Crayton ain't cutting it and Gates is a TE. Floyd is always banged up. Plus, I saw Rivers and Wayne play at the Pro Bowl and felt Rivers felt secure going for Wayne as a target whenever Rivers was in there. I can definitely see Wayne going to one of those teams that need a wideout to put them at a consistently high level of offense.

I can also see Wayne re-uniting with his U fellas in Santana Moss and Leonard Hankerson with the Redskins.

I agree...I didn't like that statement either.

I agree...I didn't like that statement either.

Maybe Wayne feels unappreciated for the money he has been paid recently, around $6 mil. a year while elite wideouts get in the range of $9-10 mil. a year. He may have meant that he won't come cheap but all the frustration of losing and uncertain future may have resulted in what he said.

I like Reggie, He is hard nosed and will take a hit. He has the fingers to prove it. But, I am sorry Reggie, he is to old to be acting like that. Either he stays or goes now. I am sure the team would love to have him back as a leader, but he isnt the same Reggie of old. It just is scary to think the Garcon might be our best reciever from now on. Collie isnt the same, but that might just be Painter always looking Reggies way. But, I am just not big on Garcon. He drops way to many important passes. Although, so has Reggie lately. I sure hope we can get a big, quick reciever in the draft.

Watching that highlight of reggie only makes me miss peyton even more... if or when peyton comes back it could start of rocky by i could see some good times for the colts... with peyton the colts always seemed like a team to go undefeated... Wayne is a great WR but there's no doubt that he is getting old and right now the colts dont need a possesion receiver they need a threat on the outside, it would be great if he comes back cheap but if he's expensive then yea let him go.

It doesn't sound like he's open to negotiate and wants to play somewhere else. Its a dreadful season but I really don't understand his attitude. Next year Caldwell and staff will probably be history and Wayne will have Manning or a really good rookie throwing to him.

See ya Reg. Glad to have had you here.

Im not upset in the slightest though. Did anyone see his broken wheels on that breakaway TD against Car? After the DBs took themselves out, Reggie took off, was quickly caught, broke what we will call a 'tackle' and ended up in the endzone. I think around the 10yd mark he really let up, but when he's in the open field he was moving in slow mo.

http://www.indystar....|IndyStar.com|s

"Wayne gauged his odds on remaining with the Colts in 2012 as "50-50," and insisted, "I'm not going to make it easy on them."

I thought BP said Reggie would be taken care at seasons end, like all Colt Players of his caliper are,wink,wink. now get on out there and earn a raise, with balls being thrown 20 feet over your head or bouncing 8 yards short of you, now good luck kid. Now Reggie needs to play the but Mannings not here card, it seems to working for everyone else' job security.