Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Brady's arm 'shot'?

LordHelpOurColts

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has not looked good in recent years--very inaccurate. If he can't light up the Raiders this weekend, then the writing is definitely on the wall.

:)   thanks for the chuckle.

So you know this how? If a QB doesn't "light it up" his arm is shot?

So here's the truth- the offense did not execute vs Miami. So Belichick took it back to basics. That what coaches do- like you're not tackling, then its back to basics.

So vs Minn the offense went vanilla. No motion, no audible, no complicated WR sets.  Just 8 blocking and 2 out.

And still the offense didn't execute. Note I said the offense, not Brady. It is a team game. (which was why Brady was upset and which he should be)

:)   thanks for the chuckle.

So you know this how? If a QB doesn't "light it up" his arm is shot?

So here's the truth- the offense did not execute vs Miami. So Belichick took it back to basics. That what coaches do- like you're not tackling, then its back to basics.

So vs Minn the offense went vanilla. No motion, no audible, no complicated WR sets.  Just 8 blocking and 2 out.

And still the offense didn't execute. Note I said the offense, not Brady. It is a team game. (which was why Brady was upset and which he should be)

I'm not only talking about the last two games.

Yeah, I've watched the games and looked at the stats. Maybe you should do the same.

What stats? If you look at his line for last year it's down from 2012 but it's nowhere a complete drop off like you imply. In fact it's oddly similar to his 2003/2004 seasons apart from he threw for about 1000 more yards in 2013. 

I've seen the games and you know what... it looks like a team where the Oline has got a bit weak after being a unit of strength and outside Edelman doesn't really have much receiving talent (excluding Gronk of course). 

So yeah buddy if you want to make the argument you've kinda got to prove it. Show us the stats, break down the plays and come back to us. 

Now now no need to descend to ad hominems. You'll only open up the usual fight. Let's stick to talking about Tom eh? 

When the poster says Brady arm is "shot" you are reduced to ad hominems. The thread is ridiculous. And Brady does have more zip on his balls than Manning which is not a measuring stick of a QB losing it anyways as Manning right now is leading the NFL in QBR.

When the poster says Brady arm is "shot" you are reduced to ad hominems. The thread is ridiculous. And Brady does have more zip on his balls than Manning which is not a measuring stick of a QB losing it anyways as Manning right now is leading the NFL in QBR.

You could just attack the argument without involved Manning? What's Peyton got to do with it? You know it's going to aggravate people so why do it. 

Agree though it's a ridiculous post. 

You could just attack the argument without involved Manning? What's Peyton got to do with it? You know it's going to aggravate people so why do it. 

Agree though it's a ridiculous post. 

Because it is a fair comparison in this instance. Again, if you are going to post that Brady's arm is shot, what is Manning's arm looking like? He has lost a lot of zip since the neck surgeries and still playing well with a great team around him. Brady is still bringing this reconstructed O along and has major issues on the Oline as well. But again, thread is ridiculous and posted to bait. I am guessing locking will come before end of the day.

I don't think his arm is shot, but the talent around him seems to be dwindling.  

I think the Pats have decided to go back to strong defense/run game and adequate O. I think some of this is their desire to win a ring as look at the last two teams to win the Super Bowl - Ravens and Hawks - and also their desire to preserve Brady. He is 37 and gone are the days where he can throw it 50+ times a game and the team wins. They don't have the talent at the skill positions for that and he will take a beating with the new Oline coming together. I think most realize it will take to week 7 or 8 like last season for this O to come together. It is what it is. I think the D and run game is good enough to carry it anyways especially with some of easy games the Pats have their schedule early.

Because it is a fair comparison in this instance. Again, if you are going to post that Brady's arm is shot, what is Manning's arm looking like? He has lost a lot of zip since the neck surgeries and still playing well with a great team around him. Brady is still bringing this reconstructed O along and has major issues on the Oline as well. But again, thread is ridiculous and posted to bait. I am guessing locking will come before end of the day.

If it gets locked it's because you turned it into a Brady vs Manning debate when that is not what the thread was about. It would be nice to have a debate on anything without the older than dirt debate of Manning vs Brady.

Why make this a Brady vs Manning thread? If you have an opinion on Brady and his arm then speak it. Why is it you have to bring Manning in every thread that talks about QBs?

The topic of this thread naturally brings Manning in given his arm was thought to be "shot" just two seasons ago (Colts mgmt was hoping it was anyways) and he is almost same age as Brady. He has lost a lot of velocity yet still playing great.

Relax.

To be fair crazycolt has a point... 

But why make the comparison at all?! It's almost as ridiculous thing to do. You can shoot down the argument without bringing Manning into it. as others in this topic already have. 

The topic of this thread naturally brings Manning in given his arm was thought to be "shot" just two seasons ago (Colts mgmt was hoping it was anyways) and he is almost same age as Brady. He has lost a lot of velocity yet still playing great.

Only if you make it so.... 

The question was is Brady's arm shot, that's mutually exclusive to the arm strength of Manning. Argue about the state of Pat's offense, their O-line, Brady, let's not argue who has the more "shot" arm between Brady and Manning. 

Colts management was hoping it was? I think the more concern was his neck and if he would be able to play again. Even Manning himself did not know those answers at the time.

His arm strength is fine... he still puts plenty of zip on the ball. His accuracy can certainly be questioned, but it remains to be seen if that's chronic or if it's the result of an offense finding its way and trying to round into form. 

Brady's bread-and-butter has always been throwing those short and intermediate routes. It plays to the personnel that the Patriots typically have on their roster. When he did have a legit deep threat in Moss, well... that went pretty well. 

The problem at the moment with the Patriots' offense is that they haven't been able to spread the ball around much. Gronkowski is playing a limited role and at times Brady looks like he's trying to force the ball to him. He clearly trusts Edelman the most, and is hardly looking at Amendola or anyone else right now. Brady said in his weekly radio bit on Monday that they have to do a better job of spreading the ball around a little more. 

I'm disappointed that none of the second-year receivers (Dobson, Thompkins, and Boyce is now on the practice squad) have seemed to make much progress. Dobson's hurt but I think they were really relying on him to stretch the field and be a good outside target. 

Gronk is clearly not back to his old self yet... he really looks like he's lumbering around out there and not running very well. That's not a surprise though, given his injury. He probably just needs more time to round into form. Assuming he does, I think you'll see the Patriots offense drastically improve. They miss him on those long seam routes. 

This is all so similar to what people were saying in 2013 after a couple of games... I think we have to give it more time before we judge the offense overall. They've only played two games, both on the road, and there's a long way to go here. 

Colts management was hoping it was? I think the more concern was his neck and if he would be able to play again. Even Manning himself did not know those answers at the time.

At the time of his release, it was clear that he would play again. How effective he would be was the question. Of course, he had teams lined up for him and all of them said his throws looked fine. 

They were asking on First Take if the Colts in hindsight made a mistake with not keeping Manning. The usual points were made but for him to not only play but be putting up MVP seasons is remarkable and painful to watch as a Colts fan. I do wish he was with us in one way but we will have Luck longer so you have to bite the bullet.

Why make this a Brady vs Manning thread? If you have an opinion on Brady and his arm then speak it. Why is it you have to bring Manning in every thread that talks about QBs?

Normally I would say yes but in this case its a valid comparison because Manning was great last year and with less zip on the ball than Brady. Perhaps the answer would be arm strength doesn't equal decline.

However watching Brady the last two games the passes are the same bullets as years passed, in regards to arm strength.

Manning IS a valid point.

So...

Question,... Is Tom Brady's arm shot?

Answer.... It's better than Manning's...

See the discord between question and answer here?! 

It's ok to discuss Brady or Manning without bringing the other one into it you know. 

Now if we're talking about whether arm strength is required to be a good QB... different discussion and I can see why Manning gets brought into it. 

Pedantic I know :) 

So...

Question,... Is Tom Brady's arm shot?

Answer.... It's better than Manning's...

See the discord between question and answer here?! 

It's ok to discuss Brady or Manning without bringing the other one into it you know. 

Now if we're talking about whether arm strength is required to be a good QB... different discussion and I can see why Manning gets brought into it. 

Pedantic I know :)

Saying Brady's arm is shot is a reference to arm strength.

Very true but it was still specific to Brady not to the overall question of whether it makes you a good QB or not.... 

I'm only arguing semantics anyway and the cat is out the bag anyway now with regards to this becoming Peyton Vs Brady round 987 :P

Bingo. Manning IS still a good QB with a weaker arm than Brady.

Bringing Manning into the discussion is off topic as far as the original thread is concerned. This Manning vs Brady and or Brady vs Manning is an old worn out subject. Both are great QBs but this one is better than the other is only a matter of opinion. It gets tiresome to re hash this topic over and over.