Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Brady's arm 'shot'?

LordHelpOurColts

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever someone says anything like "decline" or "slide" in the same sentence with "Brady," I think of this:

tom-brady-water-slide.jpg

There were actually times yesterday where I thought his pocket presence and subtle movement within it were much improved. It hasn't been his arm, IMO, as much as the little side steps and whatnot he takes to clear throwing lanes and buy himself an extra second. He hasn't been doing that well or consistently - the footwork's been off. He seemed to take a step forward yesterday (literally) and made some good downfield throws at times. 

We'll see. I think it's still good enough to be what he was in 2001-2004. 

I love that slide pic. lol.

Brady was a ninja yesterday in the pocket. Perhaps his leg is finally healed.

Both Brady and Manning are missing easy targets they usually make.

I dont know why is Amendola still not part of the offense. Its his second year. If Edelman goes out with an injury, they are in a series trouble.

That's a big question around here too Shane. Where's the guy who had 10 catches in the 2013 season opener? I understand he got hurt last season, but he's fully healthy now, and is nowhere to be found. 

Karma baby. And the call in 1976 was subjective. The Tuck rule was a rule that was called correctly according to the rule as it was stated back then.

not only was it call correctly . . . the reality of the situation is that there was just as much, if not more, contact to Brady's head by Woodson than Hamilton on Stabler, so if one wants to talk about justice, the damage to Oakland was a lot less in '01 than to NE in '76 . . . when I was watching that game in '01 and waiting for Walt Coleman to come out from under the hood I was chanting "roughing the passer" to make up for '76 . . . and as it turned out Coleman got it right on two levels, the call and squaring to some degree the injustice in '76.

Long live the Tuck!  I loved that Justin Tuck is now playing for the Raiders so they can see "Tuck" on his jersey everyday. ;)

Did you notice this article I posted on the other thread?  I thought it was pretty funny.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000397443/article/tom-brady-taunts-raiders-fans-with-tuck-rule-game-photo

The Denver game with Patriots on November 2nd is not going to be as close as we are expecting.

What makes you say that? Right now the Pats defense is in the top 5 or top 3 of almost every defensive category and they will have Browner for the Nov. 2 game. Not to mention it is in Foxboro, which is Manning's kryptonite. I think it will be close but have to believe the Pats O will be more in sync by then.

What makes you say that? Right now the Pats defense is in the top 5 or top 3 of almost every defensive category and they will have Browner for the Nov. 2 game. Not to mention it is in Foxboro, which is Manning's kryptonite. I think it will be close but have to believe the Pats O will be more in sync by then.

Manning's arm strength.

Sanders.

Pats offense.

Denver defense.

Manning's arm strength.

Sanders.

Pats offense.

Denver defense.

Brady's arm is stronger than Manning's right now.

Sanders will not beat the Pats single-handily.

Pats O - I agree has to get better. I trust it will be then.

Denver D has not been impressive outside of the second half vs Seattle. Pats D is also much improved.

I really thought last year Denver was volumes better than the Pats and then they got up 24 only to choke it away. Something about Foxboro gets to Manning. That is a big factor.

Brady's arm is stronger than Manning's right now.

Sanders will not beat the Pats single-handily.

Pats O - I agree has to get better. I trust it will be then.

Denver D has not been impressive outside of the second half vs Seattle. Pats D is also much improved.

I really thought last year Denver was volumes better than the Pats and then they got up 24 only to choke it away. Something about Foxboro gets to Manning. That is a big factor.

Manning arm strength is not in terms of comparing to Brady but to his own. It appears to be much stronger than last year.

Denver D is much stronger than last year. This defense won't give away 24 points lead like last year.

Sanders got 150 yards versus Seattle in Seattle and was the biggest factor. Like I said, Manning's arm strength will be a big factor.

I know he has a losing record in Foxboro but the last few games were very close.

Manning arm strength is not in terms of comparing to Brady but to his own. It appears to be much stronger than last year.

Denver D is much stronger than last year. This defense won't give away 24 points lead like last year.

Sanders got 150 yards versus Seattle in Seattle and was the biggest factor. Like I said, Manning's arm strength will be a big factor.

I know he has a losing record in Foxboro but the last few games were very close.

Don't disagree with any of this but not sure how any of it proves the game won't be close. I can certainly see Denver winning as I do think right now they are the better team but they were the better team last year too and lost blowing a huge lead.

Don't disagree with any of this but not sure how any of it proves the game won't be close. I can certainly see Denver winning as I do think right now they are the better team but they were the better team last year too and lost blowing a huge lead.

Last year Denver D wasn't good and after DRC going out, it was worse.

Pats O seem to be bad than last year with a weak OL.

Last year Denver D wasn't good and after DRC going out, it was worse.

Pats O seem to be bad than last year with a weak OL.

Pats D was not good either last year. And the O was also a turnover machine in that first half. They have zero TOs so far though three games.

Pats biggest issue is Oline. They are better offensively everywhere else than last year. Once they get the Oline fixed, the O will put up points.

Pats D was not good either last year. And the O was also a turnover machine in that first half. They have zero TOs so far though three games.

Pats biggest issue is Oline. They are better offensively everywhere else than last year. Once they get the Oline fixed, the O will put up points.

Yeah, if they just depend on Edelman, its going to be a long season for them.

The Denver game with Patriots on November 2nd is not going to be as close as we are expecting.

That's a virtual lifetime away at this point... 

Things were probably worse for NE last year after three games (offensively), and their defense has improved quite a bit over 2013. I definitely see what you're saying but I have a feeling they'll give 'em a good game. 

Can you people who constantly fight with each other just give it a rest?  Multiple posts have been removed from this thread because several people we being ridiculous

this is a message board......learn to tolerate each other or leave

LOL talk about tolerance

That's a virtual lifetime away at this point... 

Things were probably worse for NE last year after three games (offensively), and their defense has improved quite a bit over 2013. I definitely see what you're saying but I have a feeling they'll give 'em a good game. 

Ya, cause Belicheck knows how to game plan for manning.

What decade was that in?

Says the guy who's team is 1-3 in the post-season in the current decade?  ;)

..and guess what? it doesnt matter what kind of history you are talking...the fact remains, there are 3 teams that have not sniffed the SB

While this is technically true... 

There are teams that have gone decades since appearing in a Super Bowl. I don't think a 25-year-old Jets fan gives much of a crap about what happened in 1969. I wouldn't presume to speak for Taplook but I'm pretty sure that was more in the spirit of what he was saying.