PHI @ IND Post-game discussion: offense

21isSuperman

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What is wrong with all you Trent haters if he crosses the f%*#ing street wrong you want him cut the s%*# is old he ran his * off tonight and the 2nd fumble Cox luckily got a perfect hit on the ball it's happened to ever damn back in the leauge past and present

Dude, he sux. This was his best gm. 2 fumbles, under 4ypc and no tds. Who trades a top 5 pick after 1 season. He sux. Perfect hit on the ball. Secure the ball and there is no perfect hit. He fumbled twice. Wayne saved his butt the 1st time. He sux, and they're forcing hin in the lineup.

Can you really blame Pep for running a whole lot tonight? Especially when the running game was working very well, and in light of the fact that our defense just has zero pass rush at this time.  Some people want to complain about being predictable, but I haven't seen too many creative Power running teams.  The 49ers are not creative with their running game, and neither were some of the other great Power running teams I've seen.  They just line up and out execute you like we did to the Eagles for almost the entire game.   I think we were in the red zone more than enough tonight, but I do wish we would have gotten 7 every time.  We got better as things went on though.

I'd have to bet if we threw the ball more like some are asking we probably would have lost by a larger margin.  Luck has gotten in to a habit more recently it seems the more he throws, the more likely it is he will throw the pick(s).  He's going through one of those spells that we saw Peyton go through in his early days.

Pep is a dumb, pathetic joke of a coach and a man.  He is costing this team and needs to be fired.  Luck is completely overrated.  Did anyone watch any of the pregame on Luck, the media is fooling Colts fans into thinking that he is something he isn't.  He's nothing more than a mediocre quarterback with a ton of unrealized potential.  He is absolutely no where near even a top 10 QB.

He did not call a good gm. He's underutilizing talent. TY is off the field too much. He's clueless with passing concepts imo. And hes predictable.

Luck is the smartest dummy in the league. He's like Mox in Varsity Blues. WTH. He shouldn't have even thrown that crap. And why not check out of those 2 Trent Runs?

How do you know luck didn't check IN to one, or both, of the Trent runs?

We all know the colts won this game. And while all the attention is going to the worthless referees (understandably), there are a couple things to look at on the bright side.

1. The running game looked fantastic. Absolutely blew my expectations out of the water. Ahmad Bradshaw needs to be the starter and t-rich looked really good. (Despite 2 fumbles)

2. Coby didn't look scared out there

And....... Well that's kinda it. Lol. But seriously, Bradshaw needs to start. Seriously.

I saw on numerous times tonight luck nearly missing guys when running screens. Like he would either overthrow the running back or throw behind him 3 feet to where all of bradshaws momentum was going the wrong direction. How can he suck on such short throws? Man this game hurt to lose. We ran the ball about as good as we can and we still lose. That's not a good sign.

Richardson played good despite he lost the ball two times. He wasn't the reason why we lost the game. The refs were awful but still we lost because we gave away a 20:6 lead against a Eagles team that were awful executing in the red zone. Coaches did nothing to adjust. Run game was good but the Colts strength the Pass was non existent. And we are very inconsistent. It's an up and down every game. We start slow and play a great second half. If we start good we play a crappy second half. If we can't run we have a great pass attack. If we run good the Pass struggles. If the Defense plays well the Offense struggles. If the Defense struggles the Offense keep us in the game. The story of the last seasons. We just can't bring it all together. And I think Coaching is an issue. Pep Hamilton isn't convincing as OC

I tries to tell u people Pep had no idea how to handle all of this talent before training camp. I was mocked and my thread was locked. The guy didnt call plays @ Stanford Shaw did.

That was one of the worst threads I have ever witnessed. I don't know what you've been saying on this forum in the past, but this type of self aggrandizement is disgusting. So have some class, talk like grown up and express your argument in a collected fashion. Your vindication will not come from me. I'm close to using my first ignore on my 4 years on this forum. Go away and come back when you have something to contribute.

Pep will most likely be the scapgoat for the offense struggling, but Luck is the reason we were inconsistent tonight. Yes, the refs were bad but we still should have won this game if it wasn't for the overthrows and not seeing open WR's. Since week 9 of last year, Pep has actually called some good plays and uptempo offense. It's Luck's turnovers and Pagano being conservative that's holding this offense back of being great. I put this loss on Luck, he has to play better next week in order for us to beat the Jags.

That was one of the worst threads I have ever witnessed. I don't know what you've been saying on this forum in the past, but this type of self aggrandizement is disgusting. So have some class, talk like grown up and express your argument in a collected fashion. Your vindication will not come from me. I'm close to using my first ignore on my 4 years on this forum. Go away and come back when you have something to contribute.

Ignore me, so what. I was right.

Pep will most likely be the scapgoat for the offense struggling, but Luck is the reason we were inconsistent tonight. Yes, the refs were bad but we still should have won this game if it wasn't for the overthrows and not seeing open WR's. Since week 9 of last year, Pep has actually called some good plays and uptempo offense. It's Luck's turnovers and Pagano being conservative that's holding this offense back of being great. I put this loss on Luck, he has to play better next week in order for us to beat the Jags.

haha

Jags are gonna mop the floor with the Colts defense

Watch Gerhart have a career game next week or Marquise Lee breaks out

Smh

I disagree and in my opinion the reason Luck is "struggling" a bit is Peps play calling. He isn't a convincing OC. Yes, he had a few good moments but is very inconsistent and seems to make the same mistakes over and over again and just can't adjust. It's like he has a game plan and if it doesn't turn out he has no back up plan. 

I actually really liked the idea of getting him as our OC and believed Luck and Fleener would benefit from him because they already worked together in Stanford. But now I really doubt that this decision was good. Fleener is a non factor and Luck doesn't look very comfortable passing the ball right now.

I disagree and in my opinion the reason Luck is "struggling" a bit is Peps play calling. He isn't a convincing OC. Yes, he had a few good moments but is very inconsistent and seems to make the same mistakes over and over again and just can't adjust. It's like he has a game plan and if it doesn't turn out he has no back up plan. 

I actually really liked the idea of getting him as our OC and believed Luck and Fleener would benefit from him because they already worked together in Stanford. But now I really doubt that this decision was good.

I was one of Pep's biggest critics weeks 1-8 last year, but he has been calling some good plays and offensive sets since the Bengals game. I'm not putting 1% blame on Pep, he put us in position to win the game.

The last 3rd down play, Wayne was open on a 15 yard crossing route over the middle but Luck went with the 1st read. Luck has regressed a lot since last year, he's just not surveying the entire field. He's overthrowing WR's and seems to don't know how to beat the LB blitz.

Well, your bust had one heck of a game

Trent had one heck of a game? Fumbling twice in one game is not exactly the stuff Hall of Fame careers are built on. The line opened some huge holes for a change and that's obviously what Trent requires. But the two fumbles more than offset his acceptable 3.8 YPC. Bradshaw is the far better back and hopefully will get most of the carries going forward.

I was one of Pep's biggest critics weeks 1-8 last year, but he has been calling some good plays and offensive sets since the Bengals game. I'm not putting 1% blame on Pep, he put us in position to win the game.

The last 3rd down play, Wayne was open on a 15 yard crossing route over the middle but Luck went with the 1st read. Luck has regressed a lot since last year, he's just not surveying the entire field. He's overthrowing WR's and seems to don't know how to beat the LB blitz.

I think you are spot on point!

It's difficult for some Colts fans to admit it but Luck has been awful this year. It started out in preseason and carried over to the regular season. He's not climbing the pocket like he use to and the o-line has actually been good this year.

I've been saying this

But when you call out Luck, prepare for shots to be taken at your posts

Stares down people and throws terrible passes

Not the Top 5 or Top 10 QB people say he is

The colts played two very good offenses and two different styles of offenses the last two weeks and I  was displeased of what I have observed during this two games, First I thought during halftime teams went into the locker room to make adjustments for the second half. Was it me or did everyone else notice denver and the eagles make all the adjustments and the colts stayed with the same game plan and or play calling as I saw the games unfold tonight and last week imo this is on the coaches. Also I do not blame luck for the throw that was int, The wr was held and to me this was a judgement call for Luck was trying to go for the knock out over the eagles but it backfired, But what I do not not understand since we do not have a pass rush why are the coaches and or the DC not blitzing more or making any adjustments for the second half or for that fact .any part of the last two games. I hope to see some sort of changes the next few weeks

I do give Luck some blame on the throw even though it is possible it could have been completed had the guy not held.  The reason I blame him is because everybody knows he's going to T.Y because he developed a habit of it.  He's got to get to the point where he sees the whole field and finds the one on one match up which in this case would have been Hakeem Nicks in the end zone.  I keep drawing attention to Nicks because in both games he's had some good match ups we could have taken advantage of and we keep failing to do so.  I'm more inclined to believe that Luck keeps going to his usual targets due to comfort, than I am to just jump up and yell "Pep You Fool"!

It's difficult for some Colts fans to admit it but Luck has been awful this year. It started out in preseason and carried over to the regular season. He's not climbing the pocket like he use to and the o-line has actually been good this year.

I wonder how much of these bad habits are attributable to the Quarterback Coach?  Personally, I think Peps been calling some decent stuff overall but Luck is making some questionable reads.

I've been saying this

But when you call out Luck, prepare for shots to be taken at your posts

Stares down people and throws terrible passes

Not the Top 5 or Top 10 QB people say he is

Agree, definitely not top 5 he's too inconsistent. Peyton, Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Big Ben, Wilson, Rivers are clearly better. Ryan, Luck, and Cam are debatable. Luck is still a good young QB, but he still has a lot to learn in order for this team to be a perennial playoff contender.

I wonder how much of these bad habits are attributable to the Quarterback Coach?  Personally, I think Peps been calling some decent stuff overall but Luck is making some questionable reads.

I think it's more Luck staring down his main target and not going to the 2nd and 3rd reads. He's not letting the routes develop, seems timid vs the blitz.

My biggest gripe is we are still refusing to get Hakeem Nicks in the game.  He will make plays for us if the effort is made to get him the ball.  If we can start doing that then it will also open up Wayne and T.Y. a lot more.  I also look forward to Moncrief getting some more touches as I like what I've seen so far.  If we can also get Moncrief going, that will give us 2 solid deep threats for the chunk plays.  Everyone else is more possession style receivers to me.  Although every now and then you can hit Nicks on a deep ball.  He's not the fastest guy in the world, but he will absolutely make plays in one on one coverage.  Got to get him the ball though...

I think it's more Luck staring down his main target and not going to the 2nd and 3rd reads. He's not letting the routes set up.

I'm just wondering how much of that is stuff the quarterback coach deals with to help him fix it.  I remember how much Caldwell meant to Peyton with his growth as a QB. Not sure about Christensen

I'm just wondering how much of that is stuff the quarterback coach deals with to help him fix it.  I remember how much Caldwell meant to Peyton with his growth as a QB. Not sure about Christensen

Could be a bit of both but Peyton has always been good vs the blitz, he audibles into the right plays. Peyton only had trouble with the 3-4 defense because of the different looks and jamming of the WR's. I'm really concerned with Luck vs the LB blitz. He's still young so he has time to learn and get better.

Could be a bit of both but Peyton has always been good vs the blitz, he audibles into the right plays. Peyton only had trouble with the 3-4 defense because of the different looks and jamming of the WR's. I'm really concerned with Luck vs the LB blitz. He's still young so he has time to learn and get better.

I don't  know if I would say always because I remember the "Playoffs? Don't talk about Playoffs!" game melt down with Jim Mora where he threw about 4 to 6 picks and Mora called his butt out.  Not sure if they blitzed a lot, but my main thing with Luck hasn't even been with the blitz.  It's more in the area of not seeing the whole field, and forcing the ball to his favorite targets which Peyton used to be guilty of a lot in his younger days in my eye.