Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PHI @ IND Post-game discussion: offense

21isSuperman

It makes sense. There is no other reason for Chud to be here. Whether Pep gets fired in two weeks or the end of the season, Chud is going to eventually be our OC.

I hope whens Irsay gets reinstated he sends Pep Packing.   Also someone needs to get in Lucks head, He isn't pitching to the last batter in the world series.  He has had to much heat on his throws of late and his ball placement and mechanics have been off. 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Trent had one heck of a game? Fumbling twice in one game is not exactly the stuff Hall of Fame careers are built on. The line opened some huge holes for a change and that's obviously what Trent requires. But the two fumbles more than offset his acceptable 3.8 YPC. Bradshaw is the far better back and hopefully will get most of the carries going forward.

Yeah, my fault for not using the sarcasm emotion. I've been a big Richardson supporter, but am slowly losing hope. 2 fumbles negates any positives.

Buuutttttt, it's week 2. I'm not warming up my crow just yet

Offense lost the game. Luck's pick was horrendous. He has to know there to just toss it away and take the FG. I am becoming increasingly frustrated with him. At some point, the picks need to stop. He is the best player out there and needs to perform like it consistently. He seems to play a little like Ben Roethlisber and Philip Rivers at times. He just stands there and throws ball that he shouldn't. He has to play smarter. We gave that game away.

Same here bro. But why wait?!? Lol.

Well because let's face it... He's not going to be fired mid season if at all. Our best hope is that he is fired today but he won't be. So I can only hope we hang in for the next 15-16 weeks and pray he gets fired at seasons end

Well because let's face it... He's not going to be fired mid season if at all. Our best hope is that he is fired today but he won't be. So I can only hope we hang in for the next 15-16 weeks and pray he gets fired at seasons end

He should have been fired on the spot after he put TY in the backfield, playing FB

I think people on this forum is rather humorous.  Let's blame Trent, let's blame Pep, no let's blame the refs... It's the same old song and dance!  No matter what if we If you people would take the time to understand football and analyzing plays instead of running your mouth you may understand how good of a team we actually have (yes, eventhough we are 0-2).  Weve played the 2 best offenses (other than ours) in the first 2 weeks.  Going into the season we had the easiest schedule in the NFL, and we already have 2 of the toughest games out of the way, unfortunately they were both losses but it's okay!  Denver and Cincinnati are the only 2 good teams that havent lost yet.  We proved that we are up ther with them, but just didn't pull it out.  Quit complaining about every little thing and enjoy watching your team play. 

No no I agree. Was just messin. Even if they popped chud in there he'd have to go off our current playbook. Maybe he could jut game plan better. Maybe not. I'd give Pep this year to get it together. If he doesn't, no hard feeling but you gots to go my bro!!

He should have been fired on the spot after he put TY in the backfield, playing FB

One corner of the mouth: Why don't we get more creative? Why don't we use Hilton more like the Vikings use Cordarelle Patterson, or like the Seahawks use Percy Harvin? Our coaches suck!

Other corner of the mouth: Why would our coaches line TY Hilton up in the backfield? Why would they fake a jet sweep? Our coaches suck!

The offensive philosophy was to keep the high-scoring Eagles offense off of the field. In order to accomplish this, the Colts focused on running the ball, retaining possession, and short, quick possession-retaining passes. The run game actually was working well for most of the game. I agree with many that we could have done better at adjusting and doing more out of the run heavy formations in the second half, and using play action.

What didn't work was the short passing attack. It completely took our play makers out of the game, including affecting Luck. We didn't let him do what he does best-- apply pressure to opposing defenses. T.Y. ran short routes, as did Wayne. Luck didn't even look at Nick's direction (figuratively), and the TEs weren't too involved.

Our usual passing attack is just fine. Let's not deviate from that, and add the run piece and we should be fine.

One corner of the mouth: Why don't we get more creative? Why don't we use Hilton more like the Vikings use Cordarelle Patterson, or like the Seahawks use Percy Harvin? Our coaches suck!

Other corner of the mouth: Why would our coaches line TY Hilton up in the backfield? Why would they fake a jet sweep? Our coaches suck!

I understand where you're coming from, but that was a little too unconventional for me. We can simply have TY in the slot or out wide, running conventional routes and making plays.

This isn't college anymore. We have the talent on this offense to be very productive. We don't need to get creative to create offense!

For the record, I've never suggested using TY like Patterson or Harvin. I have however announced my displeasure with Pep and I stand behind that 100%

I understand where you're coming from, but that was a little too unconventional for me. We can simply have TY in the slot or out wide, running conventional routes and making plays.

This isn't college anymore. We have the talent on this offense to be very productive. We don't need to get creative to create offense!

For the record, I've never suggested using TY like Patterson or Harvin. I have however announced my displeasure with Pep and I stand behind that 100%

I didn't like the alignment. I thought they should have committed to the fake, snapped the ball while he was still moving, and faked the handoff. 

My problem with your criticism is that you're evidently going to stand behind it 100%, even when it's less than legitimate. Pep isn't the reason we lost last night. We lost because Luck struggled on third down (again), and because we turned the ball over, and because we couldn't rush the passer. There were a handful of play calls that I disliked, but that's the case with every play caller in every game. 

I didn't like the alignment. I thought they should have committed to the fake, snapped the ball while he was still moving, and faked the handoff.

My problem with your criticism is that you're evidently going to stand behind it 100%, even when it's less than legitimate. Pep isn't the reason we lost last night. We lost because Luck struggled on third down (again), and because we turned the ball over, and because we couldn't rush the passer. There were a handful of play calls that I disliked, but that's the case with every play caller in every game.

You're correct, us not having a pass rush hurt us a lot, but running on the first two downs in the final 3 minutes and change was asinine. That is what cost us the game, taking the ball out of Luck's hands when he's done it so many times before.

You're correct, us not having a pass rush hurt us a lot, but running on the first two downs in the final 3 minutes and change was asinine. That is what cost us the game, taking the ball out of Luck's hands when he's done it so many times before.

I disagree. Running on first down got 6 yards. We'd been running successfully most of the night, and that play reinforced it. I totally understand coming back with another run, but that particular situation was ripe for play action, and we blew it. However, running, in and of itself isn't a bad thing. We had 3rd and 5, and put the ball in Luck's hands, and he couldn't convert. Third and 5, regardless of the first two play calls, is favorable for a good QB.

Edit: I actually think read option on 2nd and 4 would have been perfect.

I'm not able to start a new topic yet, but the O-Line seemed to play fairly well last night. How do you think the line will shape up when Holmes comes back? Will AQ be moved to guard, will Holmes be moved to guard, or will one be on the bench?