Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

T-Rich Colts @ Broncos

SIXTHOBJECT

GoLC is right,.,.

a 'Pistol Pro set'

with BOTH Bradshaw and trent...standing along side Andrew..

runor pass options to both sides with a lead blocker and max protection if needed

You forget who our OC is?

He is going to keep running his plays that really don't work with the players we have Mewhort can't make the pull on his favorite run play and TE's are not the strength of this team our WR's are.

Until we start staying in formations that maximizes our players strengths it's going to be the same old thing. Pep trying to put a round object into a square part 2

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what numbers you are talking about. I don't recall any numbers that said Ballard and brown ran the ball poorly.

Everyone knows the colts have had a poor run blocking team the last few years, but others like Ballard have managed to squeeze out some decent production....unlike Richardson....and if you can't see that, that's on you.

And if you don't want to hear people critiquing Richardson, don't open a thread about his performance.

So a team that is rated 27th in the league is decent to you? It's not a point of critiquing Richardson. The point is the Colts as a team have been less than something to be desired. Sorry, if you can't see that, that's on you.

Exactly, u lose the pick. In the nfl u have to make your 1st round picks count big time. Ask bill polian if he'd like the tony ugoh 1st round pick back? That was the beginning of the end for bill.

Neither Polian would never admit he was wrong. Another issue with that whole move was Glenn walking away like he did right before camp started, and Ugoh was thrust straight into a roll he wasn't worthy of to begin with, and that young man was not the first bad pick Polian made. Nor the last. 2007 was magical with Ugoh, Gonzalez, D. Hughes, and Quinn Pitcock. The only good move he made in the next few was Pat McAfee... and that is why he got canned.

6 carries for 20 yards and people are acting like he had an awesome game. Lynch comparisons and talk of shredding defenses ..... 6 for 20.

I bet the rest of the teams are game planning like crazy to stop him. Guys a beast.

That is incorrect.  I think what most people are trying to say is that he showed enough that he would have had a great game if he had 12-15.  His only negative run was an obvious mistake by the center that allowed the LB to be there less than a 1/2 second after he got the handoff.

He did what he always does. He has an 8 or 9 yard run on his first carry, then gains nothing or loses yards every time he touches that ball after that carry.

History would suggest that more carries would have led to dancing and running into lineman. 6 carries for 20 yards in no way makes me think he is better. Well maybe .4 ypc better, which still ain't gonna cut it.

He isn't dangerous, teams could ignore him and he still couldn't get 100 yards. No vision, no speed, no ability to adjust on the fly.

He did what he always does. He has an 8 or 9 yard run on his first carry, then gains nothing or loses yards every time he touches that ball after that carry.

History would suggest that more carries would have led to dancing and running into lineman. 6 carries for 20 yards in no way makes me think he is better. Well maybe .4 ypc better, which still ain't gonna cut it.

He isn't dangerous, teams could ignore him and he still couldn't get 100 yards. No vision, no speed, no ability to adjust on the fly.

Except that is not what happened.

Exactly. What happened is 6 for 20, 3.3 ypc. Not impressive.

Why can't you stick to your point.  You said he runs for 8 or 9 then gains nothing or loses yards every time he touches the ball after that carry.  And that is not what happened.  Of his 6 runs, 4 were nice runs, enough so that if he ran the ball more, 12 or more times, he would have had a good game.  Additionally he had 3 receptions for 31 yards which also goes against your premise that he loses yards every time he touches the ball after that first carry.

MODERN.. would have been over four yards per if he wasnt blown up in back field for a loss. You guys are way to hard on him. How come no body is hard on werner. He was a first rounder. Hasnt done a single thing. People say oh give him time. But the same people then turn on t rich. Werners been here longer then t rich.

To me Richardson isnt that bad.  He takes the brunt of abuse for the run game when it falls all over.  He looked good in the Broncos game.  Even catching passes.

Where it fails is the play calling and the lack of desire to run.  You cant call play action because noone believes you are going to run.

Get him involved 15 carries 5 catches see what he can give you.  When you get to the 1 actually try to run.

Its not the Luck show.  Even Peyton had Ball run for 23-67 and TD.  

MODERN.. would have been over four yards per if he wasnt blown up in back field for a loss. You guys are way to hard on him. How come no body is hard on werner. He was a first rounder. Hasnt done a single thing. People say oh give him time. But the same people then turn on t rich. Werners been here longer then t rich.

My question is why aren't people harder on Pep he is bad in so many ways.

I think he will avg around 4 maybe a little more, but thats fine.  Expecting over 5 out of anybody is a little rediculous unless you have AP standing behind a bunch of pro bowl lineman.  I fully expect him to have at least 4 100+ yd games but it will be rough because bradshaw will also see alot of snaps.  I guarantee you when Andrew is torching defenses for 400+ passing yds a game (while playing with the lead) and they cant put 8 in the box you will start to see what Trent can actually do!  Have no fear my friend, but be sure to admit you're a Trent hater (hopefully others will admit too) and appologize when you do see him run over some of these pathetic defense we face this year...

I wouldn't be surprised if Trent doesn't get alot of touches next week due to the fact that the game is probably going to be a shootout with the 2 high powered offenses.  Alot of passing and points...  However if they can find the lead early and force Foles into making turnovers then we could see the Trent Richardson we all have been waiting for!

Neither Polian would never admit he was wrong. Another issue with that whole move was Glenn walking away like he did right before camp started, and Ugoh was thrust straight into a roll he wasn't worthy of to begin with, and that young man was not the first bad pick Polian made. Nor the last. 2007 was magical with Ugoh, Gonzalez, D. Hughes, and Quinn Pitcock. The only good move he made in the next few was Pat McAfee... and that is why he got canned.

Those moves all hurt but the fact of the matter is we gave up a future #1 for Ugoh and he was bust. It was the beginning of the end. Gonzales atleast looked the part of a 1st round pick when he was healthy but he was hurt so much there's no way of knowing what his potential could have been.

So a team that is rated 27th in the league is decent to you? It's not a point of critiquing Richardson. The point is the Colts as a team have been less than something to be desired. Sorry, if you can't see that, that's on you.

Yes, Ballard ran well considering the crappy Oline and the fact that Arians often used him to run out the clock at the end of games. Once AGAIN, everyone knows the run blocking has been poor....going back several years, but Richardson is the worst RB I have seen perform during that time. People can keep attempting to defend him, but it just makes them look foolish....or just unwilling to deal with reality.

People are going crazy over a guy who can occasionally bust one wide open for 8 yards. Do you honestly think any defense in the league is slightly worried about Richardson torching them ?

If he was on an opposing team you would all be thrilled to face him. Well maybe not since Indy is the only team he has ever ran well against. Trent's ceiling is 3.6 ypc and probably 600 yards. Only way he gains more then that is if Luck , Hasselback, Bradshaw, and pretty much everyone else goes down and we are forced to run Trent 20+ times a game.

Yes, Ballard ran well considering the crappy Oline and the fact that Arians often used him to run out the clock at the end of games. Once AGAIN, everyone knows the run blocking has been poor....going back several years, but Richardson is the worst RB I have seen perform during that time. People can keep attempting to defend him, but it just makes them look foolish....or just unwilling to deal with reality.

So because someone don't agree with your opinion they are foolish? Could it be the other way around?

So because someone don't agree with your opinion they are foolish? Could it be the other way around?

That was just one option. The other was people not wanting to deal with the fact that the colts traded a very valuable pick for a mediocre, at best, running back. I get it, it sucks, but that isn't going to prevent me from seeing the truth.

To me Richardson isnt that bad.  He takes the brunt of abuse for the run game when it falls all over.  He looked good in the Broncos game.  Even catching passes.

Where it fails is the play calling and the lack of desire to run.  You cant call play action because noone believes you are going to run.

Get him involved 15 carries 5 catches see what he can give you.  When you get to the 1 actually try to run.

Its not the Luck show.  Even Peyton had Ball run for 23-67 and TD.  

If we give him 15 carries, we will be blown out of that game. I don't think he can get 50 yards in 15 carries against any NFL defense. Bradshaw can.

People are going crazy over a guy who can occasionally bust one wide open for 8 yards. Do you honestly think any defense in the league is slightly worried about Richardson torching them ?

If he was on an opposing team you would all be thrilled to face him. Well maybe not since Indy is the only team he has ever ran well against. Trent's ceiling is 3.6 ypc and probably 600 yards. Only way he gains more then that is if Luck , Hasselback, Bradshaw, and pretty much everyone else goes down and we are forced to run Trent 20+ times a game.

Do you ever stop? We get it, He is not a good running back at this stage of his career, It was a bad trade...We get that to. No sense in beating a dead horse week after week after week after week, By the way your not taking into account he had 3 catches for 31 yards, Overall he had 5.6 yards per touch on the day. Also you have to take into account it was only 6 carries, We really did not look to have any real intention of trying to run alotm, We came out throwing...We didn't convert and Denver went on some long drives and put points on the board with them....Broncos ran 40 plays in the first half to only 25 for the Colts...To further drive home my point the Broncos were 6 of 7 in the first half on 3rd down while the Colts were only 1 of 4....We could not stay on the field in that 1st half

Do you ever stop? We get it, He is not a good running back at this stage of his career, It was a bad trade...We get that to. No sense in beating a dead horse week after week after week after week, By the way your not taking into account he had 3 catches for 31 yards, Overall he had 5.6 yards per touch on the day. Also you have to take into account it was only 6 carries, We really did not look to have any real intention of trying to run alotm, We came out throwing...We didn't convert and Denver went on some long drives and put points on the board with them....Broncos ran 40 plays in the first half to only 25 for the Colts...To further drive home my point the Broncos were 6 of 7 in the first half on 3rd down while the Colts were only 1 of 4....We could not stay on the field in that 1st half

His receiving numbers don't interest me. There are a lot of receivers on the team. His job is to run the ball, control the pace, and make it so the other teams offense isn't on the field. We he can do that consistently then I will be impressed. Saying he would have got more yards and been awesome with more carries is the same as saying if he had just one more carry in the playoffs he would have ran it for 80 yards. It didn't happen.

Someone compared him to Lynch after week 1 , that's insane. Someone said he will be shredding defenses, that's also insane.

I don't think either opinion is accurate so I state my opinion. If you have issue with it then that's cool, I don't mind, I have issue with delusional fans.

Shall we have a look at the Browns rushing numbers against the Steelers in week one?

Terrance West 16 carries 100 yards 6.3 ypc

Ben Tate 6 carries 41 yards 6.8 ypc

Undrafted rookie Isaiah Crowell 5 carries 32 yards 6.3 ypc and 2 touchdowns

Fullback Ray Agnew 1 carry 2 yards. 2ypc

and we were down 27-3 at half time so don't give me this "we were behind" garbage. 

Shall we have a look at the Browns rushing numbers against the Steelers in week one?

Terrance West 16 carries 100 yards 6.3 ypc

Ben Tate 6 carries 41 yards 6.8 ypc

Undrafted rookie Isaiah Crowell 5 carries 32 yards 6.3 ypc and 2 touchdowns

Fullback Ray Agnew 1 carry 2 yards. 2ypc

and we were down 27-3 at half time so don't give me this "we were behind" garbage.

The colts don't have two pro bowlers on the oline

He hesitated. Look how far Luck is back from Trent. Luck didn't hand him the ball and run back as fast as he could. If Trent had taken off as soon as he secured the ball then he should be further then he is, but he hesitates and waits for the hole that was there in practice.

In the picture he is trying to get the backer to bite inside then cut outside... But it didn't work. It usually doesn't.

If he just went straight outside the linebacker would have met him out there so RB must try and make the LB choose a hole for them.

I'm on the edge with Trent! I've backed him up for so long! I'm giving it a couple games this season but if others show more then I might move on.

Also remember!!!! Trent is still young!!! I think some people forget that since we arnt the ones who drafted him.