Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

BREAKING: Ray Rice released by Ravens, suspended indefinitely

pacolts56

How can you tell he spit in that video? I sure cant

The first time is pretty obvious as she walks by him in the hall. He leans over and spits at her and she reacts by slapping at him. The second time in the elevator is not as obvious but it sure looks like he leans over and spits at her again and she reacts the same way by slapping at him.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw him deliver a blow to his fiancé that rendered her unconscious and then drag her off the elevator like she was baggage

That is animalistic

I agree that he was brutal, and way over the top. Animalistic is a good description.

To the bolded, I'm not sure what else he was supposed to do to get her off the elevator. I don't think he should have left her there. And he didn't drag her by her hair. I haven't seen the other angles of this video. I'm only asking about this because I've heard a lot of people mention him dragging her off the elevator, and I don't know what he should have done instead. (Aside from not knocking her out, of course.)

Domestic violence is inexcusable. I agree 100% Nadine. Ray should pay a heavy price for it. I just don't like how the media goes from 0 to 90 MPH after 1 horrific incident that's all.

Ray up until now never got a speeding ticket & now he is public enemy #1? I just frown upon how quickly a career is symbolically ruined after 1 bone headed & foolish mistake.

How come domestic violence is always tainted with the same lifelong brush? In other words, arson, bank robbery, & embezzlement can all be forgiven eventually or looked past, but not assault & battery that negative stigma lasts forever.

I don't know that that is true

Just talking about this video evidence

I will admit to being disturbed by posts that suggest that this video is anything less than damning

Sorry I see people outraged by animal abuse but not at all bothered by domestic violence

I just don't see any reasonable explanation or justification that some here see

She reacted because Rice spit in her face. Twice. Once in the hallway and again after they entered the elevator.

When Rice got only two games suspension I thought there must have been some mitigating circumstances and maybe she was wailing on him when he struck her, but that wasn't the case. Rice was the aggressor. She never did anything but react to his aggressive and contemptible behavior. Rice should have gone to jail for what he did.

And I'm not buying for a second that Goodell and the Ravens never saw this video until today. Peter King and Chris Mortensen both reported in July that the league had seen the video. They're lying and are in full cover up mode right now. Goodell should be fired.

I think that's why the courts invented "no fault" divorce.  Just think, a judge having to figure out the dynamics of a multi-year relationship and try to assess blame. 

We might have to start discussing who slept with whom the night before....and last year...etc, just to get to the bottom of this.....I can't wait

Judging others' personal relationships is a tough thing to do.

I agree that he was brutal, and way over the top. Animalistic is a good description.

To the bolded, I'm not sure what else he was supposed to do to get her off the elevator. I don't think he should have left her there. And he didn't drag her by her hair. I haven't seen the other angles of this video. I'm only asking about this because I've heard a lot of people mention him dragging her off the elevator, and I don't know what he should have done instead. (Aside from not knocking her out, of course.)

Carry her?

Really? Would that be how you would move your wife or daughter?

I think he could have turned her face up

Check on her responsiveness

Picked her up and carried her off

Perhaps seek assistance for his unconscious fiancé?3

Carry her?

Off the elevator? I don't know. That's fine. It certainly looks bad. I just don't know if the way he got her off the elevator is a big deal. I had this image of him dragging her, face down, maybe by her hair, based on the way people were talking about her. I think he was just trying to get her off the elevator before the doors closed, and that was the easiest way to do it.

Not defending him at all. And like I said, I haven't seen any other angles.

I refuse to watch the video - don't need that burned into my brain along with seeing him in the earlier video dragging her out of the elevator.  He should have had a more serious consequence the first go around. 

I want to see clearly delineated process and threshold levels on abuse.  Not sure how you draft that, but a minor first offense gets "X" and intervention/classes.  A major offense gets a one year suspension and intervention/classes.  A second offense gets you bounced from the league forever, contract is voided.  

There should have been a tougher policy in the NFL a long time ago.  This isn't the first time a player has abused a woman and it's been known.  It's just the first time we saw the video.   We shouldn't have had to see the blow to realize how awful that behavior is.  My husband and I have occasionally worked with battered women.  It's a sickness in the woman (when she puts up with it) and it's pure evil in the man.  There's no excuse for that behavior P E R I O D.  Severe consequences are the only thing that even have a chance of working.

I refuse to watch the video - don't need that burned into my brain along with seeing him in the earlier video dragging her out of the elevator.  He should have had a more serious consequence the first go around. 

I want to see clearly delineated process and threshold levels on abuse.  Not sure how you draft that, but a minor first offense gets "X" and intervention/classes.  A major offense gets a one year suspension and intervention/classes.  A second offense gets you bounced from the league forever, contract is voided.  

There should have been a tougher policy in the NFL a long time ago.  This isn't the first time a player has abused a woman and it's been known.  It's just the first time we saw the video.   We shouldn't have had to see the blow to realize how awful that behavior is.  My husband and I have occasionally worked with battered women.  It's a sickness in the woman (when she puts up with it) and it's pure evil in the man.  There's no excuse for that behavior P E R I O D.  Severe consequences are the only thing that even have a chance of working.

agreed

I will admit to being disturbed by posts that suggest that this video is anything less than damning

Sorry I see people outraged by animal abuse but not at all bothered by domestic violence

Yes, I understand that you were only addressing the actual video in the elevator Nadine. My comment about the tainted domestic brush was only meant to illustrate that some crimes can be forgiven vs others that cannot. Basically, striking a woman once is indeed once to many & I am in no way defending how Mr. Rice treated his then fiancee. I just don't like a man being portrayed as evil or diabolical simply because he went over the line once. I am only speaking from a media witch hunt perspective not you Nadine BTW. 

Ray is receiving treatment along with his wife that they are to be commended for IMHO. I am not exonerating Mr. Rice; I am only saying that if I were in his shoes that my family & friends would see the whole picture, not abandon me, & remember that a good person still exists there worth saving. 

Its not just Goodell, He works for the owners

Yes I know.  I think one of the most common themes to threads like this is that people will see into things what they want to see, which is often based upon their view of the world.

You still have people complaining about Goodell and the NFL management hiding the video...when the video in question just got released.  Its the other video....the one where Rice is dragging the girl out of the elevator...that the NFL saw. 

This one shows the actual elevator footage and has never been released, yet people speculate the NFL is covering up something. 

Yes I know. I think one of the most common themes to threads like this is that people will see into things what they want to see, which is often based upon their view of the world.

You still have people complaining about Goodell and the NFL management hiding the video...when the video in question just got released. Its the other video....the one where Rice is dragging the girl out of the elevator...that the NFL saw.

This one shows the actual elevator footage and has never been released, yet people speculate the NFL is covering up something.

Someone from the NFL saw that video before today. They have quite an investigative staff

I'm not sure why you'd think the person who brought up animal abuse is "not at all bothered by domestic violence." I'm very bothered by domestic violence.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, September 8, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Superman, September 8, 2014 - No reason given

negros arent known for holding their temper when it comes to striking women... nothing new here folks

on a more positive note at least goodell will be gone

it is only statistically corretct to state blacks beat women more than whites.. not sure why that is?

Posted · Hidden by B-B, September 9, 2014 - Quoted Hidden Post
Hidden by B-B, September 9, 2014 - Quoted Hidden Post

negros arent known for holding their temper when it comes to striking women... nothing new here folks

on a more positive note at least goodell will be gone

and you as well. My god what an ignorant post

Off the elevator? I don't know. That's fine. It certainly looks bad. I just don't know if the way he got her off the elevator is a big deal. I had this image of him dragging her, face down, maybe by her hair, based on the way people were talking about her. I think he was just trying to get her off the elevator before the doors closed, and that was the easiest way to do it.

Not defending him at all. And like I said, I haven't seen any other angles.

I get what you're saying Superman. I had a similar discussion about that with MAC once. There's no neat & tidy way to get an unconscious person off an elevator. Both EMT ambulance crews & law enforcement officers usually need assistance moving victims who are passed out. It's not really a matter of physical strength, but the leverage & lifting power other people can provide.

Could you imagine the backlash if he left her in the elevator to get assistance & a wheelchair & someone else stepped on the elevator & saw her lifeless body in the corner? Ray Rice would be in even more trouble than he already is lets be honest here.  

Someone from the NFL saw that video before today. They have quite an investigative staff

Who said the NFL saw it, the NFL or somebody else? 

Then I'm trying to figure out what type of cover up the NFL has done if they admit they saw the TMZ video already. 

What is the basis of the indefinite suspension?  I thought it was new information...and the NFLPA made no comment on the increased penalty.

BTW..not related to your statement...but the actual arrest occurred on February 15...for ASSAULT.  Some how, it got twisted into the NFL having to have an anti-domestic violence policy 

Why not an anti-assault policy?....hmmmm

Who said the NFL saw it, the NFL or somebody else?

Then I'm trying to figure out what type of cover up the NFL has done if they admit they saw the TMZ video already.

What is the basis of the indefinite suspension? I thought it was new information...and the NFLPA made no comment on the increased penalty.

BTW..not related to your statement...but the actual arrest occurred on February 15...for ASSAULT. Some how, it got twisted into the NFL having to have an anti-domestic violence policy

Why not an anti-assault policy?....hmmmm

Nobody has admitted to seeing it in the nfl offices. But if TMZ could unearth it, so could the NFL.

Why does the nfl even get involved with a civil matter. Why do anything if the wife wont.

I say let the team and and the law deal with it. The nfl is starting to police to much. They should only get involved if the offender breaks the nfl's rules.

Roger is to power hungry. Although I would love to see this get him canned.lol

Why does the nfl even get involved with a civil matter. Why do anything if the wife wont.

I say let the team and and the law deal with it. The nfl is starting to police to much. They should only get involved if the offender breaks the nfl's rules.

Roger is to power hungry. Although I would love to see this get him canned.lol

Agree 100% with Keith Olbermann.

I did not know that Goodell interviewed Mrs. Rice with Ray Rice present. That makes no sense. If Goodell was really interested in knowing what occurred between the two that night, he would have met with each person separately. This is disgraceful on the part of the NFL.