Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

BREAKING: Ray Rice released by Ravens, suspended indefinitely

pacolts56

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all the talk about her instigating the punch, there was nothing there. She did not as so much as lift a finger and he just punched her. I can't believe she married him. He just stood there on the other side of the hallway while she laid there knocked out and other people helped her.

That's just sick. I've already lost respect for Ray Rice, but I've lost any respect for the Ravens as an organization. Remember how they said "We're standing behind him the whole way"? Can't believe they didn't issue their own punishment or release him. Goodell apologized for how he handled it, but I don't see how after seeing that he didn't ban him for a year.

Even as a Raven's fan after watching that, it should have been a year, plus intense counseling.

I agree 100%....and if Ray Rice, the Ravens and the NFL want to salvage any modicum of respect in this matter, they should agree to a 6 month "unpaid leave of absence"...or something that achieves what Roger Goodell failed miserably to do.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 8, 2014 - baiting and quoting removed
Hidden by Nadine, September 8, 2014 - baiting and quoting removed

The Ravens are a great organization, but I don't understand this one. If they could, I agree, they should have suspended him on their own for the entire season. That being said, I'm not sure they could have done it due to union stuff, etc. I'm not saying they couldn't , but I just don't know. I can't even begin to tell you what the NFL was thinking.

I'm not going to make excuses like some Colt 's fans make for Irsay. This is a huge black eye for the Raven 's organization, and certainly doesn't put them in a good light. As a fan, I expect better.

I agree 100%....and if Ray Rice, the Ravens and the NFL want to salvage any modicum of respect in this matter, they should agree to a 6 month "unpaid leave of absence"...or something that achieves what Roger Goodell failed miserably to do.

Just to let you guys know, people in Baltimore are shocked and mostly feel he should have gotten way more punishment. It's all over the morning talk shows.

If any person out there thinks this is the last incident between those two just wait. See how calm he was when he cracked her. He did not flinch and he did not do anything as she lay there unconscious, a bystander hekper her up He should go to prison and the NFL owes a national apology for the two game suspension. It is even more tragic the stadiums will be filled with women and men next week after this video has been released. It says alot that she blew this off and married him, maybe the money is more important than her safety.

I don't know if you guys know this, but they have a 2 year old daughter together. This may explain the forgiveness on her part , and marriage . We can only hope this was an isolated incident, and Ray never does something like this again , for the sake of the family.

All the more reason to at least post pone the wedding

When you have a child to protect, it's not about you any more.  Children should not be exposed to violence like this........ever

I'm not keen on either of these people

Wow just wow.

If we find out Goodell saw that and still only gave him two games Goodell needs to be forced out. I know he's saying they didn't see it but I am not sure I buy that. If he can Goodell needs to reopen this and give him a proper suspension.

I feel the same about the legal system but this isn't the forum for that.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 8, 2014 - baiting and quoting removed
Hidden by Nadine, September 8, 2014 - baiting and quoting removed

The Ravens are a great organization, but I don't understand this one. If they could, I agree, they should have suspended him on their own for the entire season. That being said, I'm not sure they could have done it due to union stuff, etc. I'm not saying they couldn't , but I just don't know. I can't even begin to tell you what the NFL was thinking.

I'm not going to make excuses like some Colt 's fans make for Irsay. This is a huge black eye for the Raven 's organization, and certainly doesn't put them in a good light. As a fan, I expect better.

this has nothing to do Irsay or Colts fans so why take the shot?

Other wise I agree with you I don't think the Ravens can do anything under the CBA since it went to Goodell I could be wrong though.

I will say as a fan of the NFL I expect better and am really disappointed if it turns out that Goodell saw this video. I know he's saying he didn't but I don't think I buy that.

Wow just wow.

If we find out Goodell saw that and still only gave him two games Goodell needs to be forced out. I know he's saying they didn't see it but I am not sure I buy that. If he can Goodell needs to reopen this and give him a proper suspension.

I feel the same about the legal system but this isn't the forum for that.

Yeah. Kinda gave Goodell a pass, figured he wouldn't have the clout to get it past the NFLPA. But how/why would they have defended Rice given that level of brutality? Truly shocking.

That's just sick. I've already lost respect for Ray Rice, but I've lost any respect for the Ravens as an organization. Remember how they said "We're standing behind him the whole way"? Can't believe they didn't issue their own punishment or release him. Goodell apologized for how he handled it, but I don't see how after seeing that he didn't ban him for a year.

the sad thing is if they did release him another team would sign him to help them win games. We've seen it before where a player gets in trouble gets released serves his suspension and is then picked up by another team.

It makes you wonder about the State of NJ not prosecuting, the NFL doing the minimum, and the Ravens not doing the right thing. I call it like it is, an embarrassment.

It's amazing how this failed on all 3 levels. To have the system fail, the team and the league fail is just so disappointing. 

It's amazing how this failed on all 3 levels. To have the system fail, the team and the league fail is just so disappointing. 

I am pretty sure it failed on the system side because she refused to press charges against him.  The state's hands are tied then if she is not willing press charges against him.

If the NFL is to be believed they did not have this video evidence till now. It will say a lot about the NFL and the Ravens if one of the two does not step up and do something.  

Either Roger steps with this new evidence and increases his suspension or the Ravens step up and say we are tacking on more games after he finishes the NFL suspension.

Seeing the lack of remorse on his part is just disgusting.  He does not even act like he got caught up in a fit of rage and went oh crap what did I just do.  Instead he just throws her around like a doll with no care for her.

It really showed during that standing ovation they gave him in pre-season.

There were a lot of people here (in the Baltimore area) who, believe it or not, were disgusted with that reaction.  There will be, and are currently, many supporters of him in this area, but the vast majority of the reaction I am seeing and hearing has been very negative.  I think part of the "pass" he was given locally was due to his positive activities and actions.  He was (is?) very active in the community, and seemed to be an advocate for kids in many ways.  That made the situation hard to swallow for many.  But to see the brutality of the action has put the totality of it right in our sight, and it is a horrible image.  I talked with a few fans who were among the supporters early on.  They are mortified that they showed support now.  This is damaging for the league, the team and the player.  More unfortunately, many of our kids look to these players to see how they should live their lives.  I hope that we are offering examples in our lives that are showing something different than what the kids are, all too often, exposed to in society.

For all the talk about her instigating the punch, there was nothing there. She did not as so much as lift a finger and he just punched her. I can't believe she married him. He just stood there on the other side of the hallway while she laid there knocked out and other people helped her.

His reaction afterwards is almost more troubling. He seems completely calm and not at all flustered as he drags her out of the elevator. He even sort of lightly kicks her legs out of the way at one point. Forget about Rice the football player, I've lost my respect for him as a man.

the sad thing is if they did release him another team would sign him to help them win games. We've seen it before where a player gets in trouble gets released serves his suspension and is then picked up by another team.

You're absolutely right. I've known there have always been shaky things that go on behind the scenes in the NFL, but this incident has really opened my eyes about the lack of concern and selfishness that envelops the league. Had he been some practice squad guy I bet the Ravens would of cut him. But because he's Ray Rice, a multiple thousand yard rusher, people cut him slack. And it's always with NFL and other major sports players. They violate the same laws and rules regular people do, but when they do it, its "Oh lets get this young man some help" or "It was out of his character".

I said it before. The media crucified Chris Brown (rightfully so) for beating Rihanna, and even though some of his blind fans supported him, he was rightfully punished (losing a lot of his deals and sponsorships) although he should of served jail time.  But Ray Rice knocks out his fiancée, and his team doesn't lift a finger. The league gives him a slap on the wrist, and everyone just puts it out of sight, out of mind. All because she "didn't press charges". Guess that makes it okay.

I am pretty sure it failed on the system side because she refused to press charges against him.  The state's hands are tied then if she is not willing press charges against him.

If the NFL is to be believed they did not have this video evidence till now. It will say a lot about the NFL and the Ravens if one of the two does not step up and do something.  

Either Roger steps with this new evidence and increases his suspension or the Ravens step up and say we are tacking on more games after he finishes the NFL suspension.

Seeing the lack of remorse on his part is just disgusting.  He does not even act like he got caught up in a fit of rage and went oh crap what did I just do.  Instead he just throws her around like a doll with no care for her.

According to the article from TMZ, the authorities offered to show the NFL the raw surveillance but they declined. I'm not sure who is to be believed though. Doesn't look good regardless though. Either they didn't care enough to want to see it, or they saw it and still only gave him a minor punishment.

That is seriously disturbing to see.  He isn't even flipping out panicking after she slams her head into the side of the elevator and is completely out cold.  The whole thing is horrible but his ho-hum reaction is the worst.

Why don't the Ravens just release him?  I would be embarrassed and ashamed to cheer for a player that did that.  But it's the Ravens and they hero worshiped another Ray that did far worse.  Sad for her and sad for them.

I don't think it's fair to put someone's life in a bubble and try to make their decisions for them. She might be a nut for marrying him, but maybe there's more to this relationship than a video.

There was never any doubt that what happened in that elevator was awful.  Having seen it now, it turns out it was worse than most could have imagined.  This is incredibly damaging and embarrassing to the NFL, the Ravens, the city of Baltimore, Ravens fans, and NFL fans in general.  Its easy to lose sight of the fact that these guys aren't just there to win games. In a lot of ways they represent their teams, cities, and fans.  I don't know how Rice could be trusted to represent anyone ever again.

I don't think it's fair to put someone's life in a bubble and try to make their decisions for them. She might be a nut for marrying him, but maybe there's more to this relationship than a video.

Who is putting anyone in a bubble? A man knocks you out cold, you don't marry him. I by no means think she is nut. Domestic violence and the reasons women stay with these men are very complicated and disturbing. 

Who is putting anyone in a bubble? A man knocks you out cold, you don't marry him. I by no means think she is nut. Domestic violence and the reasons women stay with these men are very complicated and disturbing. 

That's not your decision to make. And it's really not pertinent, IMO. 

Oh stop already. This is a forum of opinions. It is my opinion. She can do whatever she wants.

Obviously.  I don't know why that had to be said.

It's my opinion that the topic can be focused on Ray Rice, rather than calling her out for marrying him. You talked about victim blaming back when this first happened, but that's how this comes across. 

It's my opinion that the topic can be focused on Ray Rice, rather than calling her out for marrying him. You talked about victim blaming back when this first happened, but that's how this comes across. 

What? Part of the story with Ray Rice is the fact that she did marry him within one week of this incident. That is not victim blaming. She never even wanted to press charges which is what led to his light punishment. As I said, domestic violence and the reasons why women not only stay with but defend these men's actions are disturbing.

I think it's valid. Violence is a legacy.  Children learn what they live

He's responsible and so is she