Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Woody Paige: Broncos will Rout Colts

1959Colts

I've been saying the Broncos are going to destroy the Colts for a while now. A lot of you delusional fanboys are in for a wake up call.  I wonder what you'll be saying after the Colts are demolished in game 1, probably make up and use a myriad of excuses.  Have to give that to you, you all are really good at coming up with excuses.  I seriously sometimes wonder how some fans can be so far detached from reality.

the broncos are good but if the colts show up there is noway we lose by three plus touchdowns. now if luck throws three or four ints and fumbles the ball or gets knocked out of game then we will but if luck has a clean game and doesn't turnover the ball there is 0 chance we get beat by 3 plus tds. Same with the broncos. if manning throws three plus ints they won't beat the colts. this paige guy has manning throwing 9 tds which is an insult to our secondary. We'd have to cut our starting secondry and add the third stringers from the preseason for that to happen.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been saying the Broncos are going to destroy the Colts for a while now. A lot of you delusional fanboys are in for a wake up call.  I wonder what you'll be saying after the Colts are demolished in game 1, probably make up and use a myriad of excuses.  Have to give that to you, you all are really good at coming up with excuses.  I seriously sometimes wonder how some fans can be so far detached from reality.

oh look another pony out of the glue factory the seahawks put you in

Any CB can shut a WR down when he's "on". That doesn't anything. And he was alreay getting killed by DT in the playoff game before he left with an "injur.y"

Every player looks good in camp. I'll believe he's good when he steps onto the field and proves it. Til then, his last seasonis his current indication of how he will probably play.

And no, that Reggie comparison makes 0% sense. Reggie was on his way to 1,200 yards before he got injured. Not nearly the same scenario.

In pre-season and training camp. Where every player looks good.

He's not. He's not even a deep threat really. He's a mediocre version of Randall Cobb.

Um no not every CB can shut down the top players when they are "on." There are literally only a handful of guys who can shut down Grahm and maybe a few more who can shut down DT. And for the most part, DT was being contained by Talib. As soon as Talib went down, DT exploded for I believe three straight big plays in the afc championship. Talib also abused DT in that regular season game (though DT had that great TD towards the end).

If you go look at his pace, Reggie was also only on pace for 4 TDs and 80 receptions, which isn't great for the number one receiving target. It is a similar scenario. And sure you can ignore preseason and training camp completely I guess, but usually when a vet who's been good in the past and looks good now, that usually does carry over into the regular season.

And yeah I'm not a fan of Sanders so I don't really feel like aarguing on this. I agree with your comparisons, but at that same time he does have the capability to be a deep threat. And Peyton is one of the best ever when it comes to helping his WRs improve their route running. Both DT and Decker were awful at it those first couple of years before Peyton came.

Um no not every CB can shut down the top players when they are "on." There are literally only a handful of guys who can shut down Grahm and maybe a few more who can shut down DT. And for the most part, DT was being contained by Talib. As soon as Talib went down, DT exploded for I believe three straight big plays in the afc championship. Talib also abused DT in that regular season game (though DT had that great TD towards the end).

If you go look at his pace, Reggie was also only on pace for 4 TDs and 80 receptions, which isn't great for the number one receiving target. It is a similar scenario. And sure you can ignore preseason and training camp completely I guess, but usually when a vet who's been good in the past and looks good now, that usually does carry over into the regular season.

And yeah I'm not a fan of Sanders so I don't really feel like aarguing on this. I agree with your comparisons, but at that same time he does have the capability to be a deep threat. And Peyton is one of the best ever when it comes to helping his WRs improve their route running. Both DT and Decker were awful at it those first couple of years before Peyton came.

Graham was was injured

Cmon now, that's an excuse. He was healthy enough to start and play. And the weeks before and after that game, he didn't seem to be hurting when he was putting up monster numbers. And the gametape of Talib owning Grahm doesn't lie either.

niether does the one of nicks owning talib

Hilton was all the Colts had. Sanders is joining the most potent offense that the NFL has ever seen. He will be the number two receiver and he will have a great year. TY is a very good receiver. He just would not make the Broncos team as a starter.

Hilton still put up more yards his rookie reason than Sanders ever has, Sanders isn't better than Hilton and any Broncos fan on earth will tell you that, some people think Latimer will start over him later on....

Cmon now, that's an excuse. He was healthy enough to start and play. And the weeks before and after that game, he didn't seem to be hurting when he was putting up monster numbers. And the gametape of Talib owning Grahm doesn't lie either.

It's an excuse for Graham, but not one for Ware? Ok

You think a torn plantar fascia is an excuse lol...ok

Hilton was all the Colts had. Sanders is joining the most potent offense that the NFL has ever seen. He will be the number two receiver and he will have a great year. TY is a very good receiver. He just would not make the Broncos team as a starter.

There is always an excuse. And how do you know Hilton wouldn't make the Broncos as a starter? Your telling me, if we traded Hilton to the Broncos that he would be on the bench and that you know that as a fact? Hahaha your delusional man..

The following two games he had 150 yards, 12 catches, and 4 TDs...yeah looked real injured to me. He was still very productive even with the injury. And I don't even know why we're talking about Graham. Seriously who cares about Jimmy Graham.

His last 10 games he had over 6 catches exactly one time. If you think that's Jimmy Graham at his best, you are mistaken.

They might. Peyton is coming off being embarrassed in the Super Bowl. The Colts beat him last year and don't pretend like that doesn't sting a little more than most losses for Peyton. Peyton tends to play very well is season openers. It's in Denver. The Colts have some real injury concerns namely on the oline. No Mathis.

Still even if they do I would encourage fans to remember it's just one game and one doesn't make a season no matter how big the loss or win. I still think the Colts can win this game. They seem to thrive in "impossible" situations.

They might. Peyton is coming off being embarrassed in the Super Bowl. The Colts beat him last year and don't pretend like that doesn't sting a little more than most losses for Peyton. Peyton tends to play very well is season openers. It's in Denver. The Colts have some real injury concerns namely on the oline. No Mathis.

Still even if they do I would encourage fans to remember it's just one game and one doesn't make a season no matter how big the loss or win. I still think the Colts can win this game. They seem to thrive in "impossible" situations.

Most reasoned post I've read today!

Paige: Broncos won't just beat Colts, they'll rout them

By Woody Page

The Denver Post

http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_26440919/paige-broncos-wont-just-beat-colts-theyll-rout

Denver Post Broncos ‏@PostBroncos 7m

The #Broncos are favored by one TD over the #Colts. That's just ludicrous, says @woodypaige http://dpo.st/1qfJf1N 

Sorry Woody, We don't get blown out like you do on "Around The Horn", you BLOW HARD !!   :loco:   Colts 31  Broncos 27

Whatever, it is week 1. It won't make or break our year. I won't probably be calling this game unless I get some strong hunch on it, since I honestly do not know. If it was a home game I would take us. If Mathis was playing I would take us maybe.

But, since it is in Denver at night and all that jazz, I am torn. We have beaten the Broncos a lot over the years......so this will be a big test for this one sided recent rivalry as well. But, being in Denver it will be a tough game probably no doubt.

I just want it over with to be honest. I don't feel as intense about this game as I did last year with Manning coming to Indy.

I think the line will go up to 10 or more before Sunday. Vegas always starts out low to see where the money will go and then adjusts accordingly. People will bet like crazy on Denver if it is only one TD especially since they are playing at home.

In terms of the game, I think Denver is a tough match up on both sides of the ball. They will put Talib on TY and then make the other guys have to make plays. I also do not like our defensive match up at all vs Denver especially without Mathis. But I have this feeling like I did last year that Manning will be tight and could be off. I do think he loathes seeing us across from him. I give the Colts a punchers chance like I did last year. We have to not only win the turnover battle but have zero turnovers and cause a few from them like last year. ST's will be big too. Remember Denver does not have Prater so that could be a factor as well.

while i do have my worries about our secondary....i STILL can't understand how ppl can continue to underestimate us....it's amazing that they do it EVERY year lol....if we can beat  denver with DHB as one of our wrs...and with allen and bradshaw on IR..then i'm pretty sure we can beat them with Nicks and fully healthy offense this year *knock on wood*....we have the same secondary that shutted them down last season..minus bethea (who i dn't remember doing much in the game any way)....yea we are without mathis and yea denver improved on D...but to say we have NO chance is crazy....however if we do lose this game..IMO it's not the end of the world for me...we beat them...they beat us...simple..

This dude said TY and Reggie might make the Broncos roster. He's obviously trolling, and I would like people to keep that in mind when responding to him. 

If you are going to quote, quote correctly. I never said that I didn't think TY and Reggie "might" make the Broncos roster. I said they would not start or the Broncos. Now, I don't know what Reggie has left so I don't know what rosters he would make or not make. In his prime, Reggie is a starter for the Broncos but that is not the Reggie of today who is aging and coming off of a major injury. I wish him nothing but the best and I hope he is what he has always been. But I don't think you can just assume that under the circumstances.

You have an old WR playing on one leg and a young WR who disappears all of the time. Sanders would be out either of them to start on any team including the Broncos and the Colts. He also mentioned depth. That isn't close either. None of our backups would make the Bronco's roster. Wayne and TY might though.

Ughh, this isn't you saying they might make the roster?

There is always an excuse. And how do you know Hilton wouldn't make the Broncos as a starter? Your telling me, if we traded Hilton to the Broncos that he would be on the bench and that you know that as a fact? Hahaha your delusional man..

No, I don't know that as a fact. No one here knows anything as a fact it is just an opinion based on observation. I think Sanders will be much better as a starter for Denver than TY would be. TY is still to immature and he doesn't run precise routes. Peyton demands both and Sanders is much better at that. Sanders will have a huge year in Denver.

I think the line will go up to 10 or more before Sunday. Vegas always starts out low to see where the money will go and then adjusts accordingly. People will bet like crazy on Denver if it is only one TD especially since they are playing at home.

In terms of the game, I think Denver is a tough match up on both sides of the ball. They will put Talib on TY and then make the other guys have to make plays. I also do not like our defensive match up at all vs Denver especially without Mathis. But I have this feeling like I did last year that Manning will be tight and could be off. I do think he loathes seeing us across from him. I give the Colts a punchers chance like I did last year. We have to not only win the turnover battle but have zero turnovers and cause a few from them like last year. ST's will be big too. Remember Denver does not have Prater so that could be a factor as well.

Do you watch Colt's games? TY owns Talib.

Ughh, this isn't you saying they might make the roster?

I mis-spoke. I think either would make the roster. I just don't think they would start unless Welker can't play. If Welker is 100% I don't see either one starting over Sanders. Now, as I have said, Wayne is a fantastic receiver if he is recovered from his injury and hasn't lost anything. Champ Bailey was a fantastic football player but time and injuries take a toll. If Reggie was the Reggie of his prime, he would start for any team.

Not exactly true. Talib can be very good or very bad. I've heard some describe it as a switch that can be turned on or off. When it is off, yes he's not very good, but when it's on he shuts guys like DT and Grahm completely down. Ware had an injury ridden season last year, but that's been his only bad one. That's like saying Wayne is completely washed up at this point. From all reports, Ware looks like the old Ware and more importantly, he's been giving the other pass rushers valuable advice. Ward is a very good safety versus the run and does need improvement in pass coverage, but so far he has shown flashes of being better in pass coverage than he was in Cleveland.

Sanders was a meh move imo. I do think he's better than decker just because of his speed. Decker was overrated. I thought Nicks was a better signing value wise. But Sanders give the broncos what they needed, more speed. He has the ability to be their TY, which they need against seattle.

t.y. has gotten the best of talib in two meetings so far...and before getting injured...nicks tortured talib too...IMO i would be worried if i was talib having them both on the same team..the only one i can see him locking down in this game is Reggie...and that's ONLY IF reggie gets off to a slow start....just my opinion though... *shrugs*

I mis-spoke. I think either would make the roster. I just don't think they would start unless Welker can't play. If Welker is 100% I don't see either one starting over Sanders. Now, as I have said, Wayne is a fantastic receiver if he is recovered from his injury and hasn't lost anything. Champ Bailey was a fantastic football player but time and injuries take a toll. If Reggie was the Reggie of his prime, he would start for any team.

TY Hilton has almost the same amount of yards as Sanders in half the years. And already has more career TD'S . You can have an opinion all right, but when its so flippin stupid expect to be called out.

Already signing Waynes retirement papers? I think I would wait on that.

Woody is one of the best sports writers in the country and he has been for a long time. In years past I have seen him write articles critical of the Broncos so I don't think he qualifies as a homer. I think most of his points were spot on and if I was betting on this game, I would take the Broncos to win by more than a touchdown. I think they will be the Colt by 20 or more. This is not a good game for the Colts to start their season. They don't match up well with the team or the altitude.

Talk is cheap.  How about we bet on it.  Colts (+8) vs Broncos.  Loser leaves the forum  :thmup: